Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons:
    I didn't care before, but trade him NOW!!  He is an embarassment to the organization..............I really don't  care who we get for the little primadonna.........you don't throw the ball at the ref........Danny, trade him now!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Very surprised to see Rondo act this way.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

PP, Sugar Ray and Rondo are all indispensable cogs in the turnover machine that is the Boston Celtics. We're done here.
    The cat's in the bag and the bag's in the river...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons : and RR haters said he shot too much and took others out of the game
    Posted by stillallbost08

He did. And his team lost.

Tonight he does a 180 and the team is still losing.

Consistency is desirable in a team leader.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I know we are missing KG and Brandon Bass but it really doesn't matter.  And by no means am I "giving up".  I am going to enjoy each win here and there with an occasional win against a team with a winning record.

BUT THIS TEAM IS CRAP!  This is truly a bad team in their offensive and defensive execution.  This is a bad team in the small things like pick and roll defense, winning the battle to loose balls and defensive rebounding.  We are not a particularly good team executing.  Something is wrong when an NBA team cannot execute a simple inbounds play without turning the ball over.

There was once a time when the Celtics could overcome being on the road, the referees and everything else but this team has NO MENTAL TOUGHNESS.  When guys are just "losing it" figuring its better to quit (throw the ball at the ref and get ejected) than to stay and fight, this just shows the mentality of the players on this team.

We should put on a wild 4th quarter and win this game but it's obvious this team is not a playoff team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Just got up.
    KG's out again. 
    Down to Detroit again.
    Why did I get up?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Puddin or whatever, he shot first 3 out 300 games or so...c'mon, he never shoots first...don't take a one game sample, it only makes you (dudderpudder) look like a guy who just wants to argue for argument sake...
    Posted by futbal

Futball or whatever... you apparently forgot what happened just 4 days ago, not 4 seasons ago... 4 days ago...  against the same opponent.

Pud

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Just got up. KG's out again.  Down to Detroit again. Why did I get up?
    Posted by breaktime

Because if we add one player we are instant contenders

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons : Because if we add one player we are instant contenders
    Posted by OneOnOne

Yes, that and coffee.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons : Very surprised to see Rondo act this way.  
    Posted by susan250

You know Susan, I sometimes get the impression you think you live in Starbright Park.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons : We add a player like Pau Gasol we improve our rebounding, we have a low post threat, and our offense becomes more dynamic. The Pistons have 14 offensive rebounds and there's 7 minutes remaining in the game. Can't win if we give up that many offensive rebounds.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Dude your living in a fantasy world.  Do you really believe this crap you type?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

WE DONE!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

we dont have enough firepower.we need to get jeremy lin and the big dude from wolves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons : We add a player like Pau Gasol we improve our rebounding, we have a low post threat, and our offense becomes more dynamic. The Pistons have 14 offensive rebounds and there's 7 minutes remaining in the game. Can't win if we give up that many offensive rebounds.
    Posted by Fiercest34

You are correct..14 to 6 OffReb compensates for us shooting 43% and them 38%.
    Remember game 7 Lakers..they shot 32%, Kobe only 6/24 or 25% and we shot 40%...difference ??? Rebounds !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Hope it's that deep draft everybody says it is and there's a couple of sleepers to boot.  Without KG & Bass, this is turning into the Lost Roadtrip.
    Petey, your first post observation about KG, his annual injury, and the C's was accurate, as always.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

DOOR MATTS

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

I would love to see Doc admit ahead of time a game is lost and throw out a new lineup. SHAKE THINGS UP.  Start Avery ahead  of  Rondo.  Make RA a 6th man.  Do it to see what happens.
    Dallas and OKC up next on the schedule and no KG or Bass. 
    Talk about a snowball in hell.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons : True!  We are limiting the Pistons to 37% shooting. But we can't take advantage of good defense because every time we force the Pistons to miss they will just get the ball back. Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34

I am a Celtic fan going back to Cousy days but I am really despondent. Too bad we didn't have KG and Bass because, sorry, this is how I feel...we would still have lost so maybe DA would have worked harder getting us a rebounder, Gasol, Gortat or Kaman.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts