Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons:
    [QUOTE]Danny Ainge had his chance to improve this team back in January. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Could you elaborate on this?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

What about the free throw discrepancy in today's game?  Does anyone think this also was a big factor in the Celtics loss? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

[QUOTE]What about the free throw discrepancy in today's game?  Does anyone think this also was a big factor in the Celtics loss? 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

No, because the Pistons were much more aggressive them we were, besides if they had hit 75% of them we would have lost by 30!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]What about the free throw discrepancy in today's game?  Does anyone think this also was a big factor in the Celtics loss? 

Home team usually gets the calls!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]Hope it's that deep draft everybody says it is and there's a couple of sleepers to boot.  Without KG & Bass, this is turning into the Lost Roadtrip. Petey, your first post observation about KG, his annual injury, and the C's was accurate, as always.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]
    breaktime, seems this is the time of the year for that.  I hope his "personal matter" turns out well but I don't expect him any time soon.

KG isn't the difference with this team anyway.

Fierce makes a point about the need for an inside presence but Ray and Pierce are simply not good enough any longer.  And Rondo is too moody and inconsistent.  Simply getting a big doesn't solve our problems.  This team is garbage.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Oh common Susan...don't you remember after game 7 vs. Lakers that I believe there was a record for posts and most of the comments were about the egregious difference in fouls. I think it was 41 to 18. Post was called Tainted Title, I think.Many accused the refs of being in a fix causing us to blow a 13 pt lead.  The difference in fouls and many calls were truly unjust, I felt, but we missed shots at the end and the real difference was we got OUT REBOUNDED !!! We lost that game by 4pts. We did not just lose this game( 15 pt difference)  by difference in foul shots !!! How about turnovers ??? 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Lakers losing to Suns by 23 at Halftime...they are a team in disarray too. Let's get Gasol & try to give them Allen( they need scoring), JO, someone else & a draft pick.
    If not, trade Rondo for Gasol even up and toss in JO too !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Tank job. There is no rational reason to have started the 2nd quarter with Dooling, Steimsma, Jajuan Johnson, Avery Bradley and Pietrus. That is an utterly laughable lineup. 
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Didn't get to see the game tonight, but from the comments here, the final score and boxscore, it appears we really stunk it up!   I'll enjoy the few wins we'll have for the rest of the season and get excited when the season is over and the rebuild starts.   I'm glad I didn't see the slaughter tonight!

But, Tompenny - I don't get your post (above).  Most folks cry that Doc won't play the subs and young guys.  Seems he did at some point and you say he's tanking the game.  Which is it:  a. he tanks the games by playing the young guys at points knowing there's another game tomorrow or    b. he never plays the young guys.

You can't have it both ways, man.  If you want him to shake up the lineup during the game for energy and speed, don't complain when he does it!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

One step closer to the lottery!!!!!! YES!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons : When we lost to Indy last Jan. 6 we had 4 days off before facing the Mavs, at home, on Jan. 11. It was the perfect time to make a trade.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

You could be right, but it takes 2 to tango.  Doesn't seem that anyone wanted to do a trade with the Celtics back in early Jan.  In fact, there have been very few trades by ANY team in this shortened season once it got started.  

We can expect the trades as we approach the all star break but I think it was foolish to think there was a trade to be had back on Jan. 11.   Besides, Danny needed to wait and see what he had - they deserved a chance to show what they could do together.  Now its confirmed they stink and after March 1, let's see if anyone wants any of our assets (I'm betting not much demand for the assets we want to give up).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons : Didn't get to see the game tonight, but from the comments here, the final score and boxscore, it appears we really stunk it up!   I'll enjoy the few wins we'll have for the rest of the season and get excited when the season is over and the rebuild starts.   I'm glad I didn't see the slaughter tonight! But, Tompenny - I don't get your post (above).  Most folks cry that Doc won't play the subs and young guys.  Seems he did at some point and you say he's tanking the game.  Which is it:  a. he tanks the games by playing the young guys at points knowing there's another game tomorrow or    b. he never plays the young guys. You can't have it both ways, man.  If you want him to shake up the lineup during the game for energy and speed, don't complain when he does it!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Playing young guys does not mean play a lineup of guys in which all are average at best ball handlers and no players that can create there own shot or facilitate for others all on the floor at the same time...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons : Playing young guys does not mean play a lineup of guys in which all are average at best ball handlers and no players that can create there own shot or facilitate for others all on the floor at the same time...

Really?  Dooling and Bradley can't dribble?  They are both point guards and its their job.  In our normal starting 5, there is only 1 player who can create his own shot and that's questionable these days (Pierce).  Ray, KG, and JON can't create their own shot.   So, how is that 2nd qtr starting five any different.  I applaud Doc for giving them some minutes and seeing in a younger, faster, and defensive oriented team could do something (Steimsma, Pietrus, and Bradley are all supposed to be some of our better defensive players).

I, for one, do NOT think we have so great of a back up set of players but many on this Board think the young guys will do better than the old.  So, Doc gave it a try.  Stop complaining about him trying.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons : Really?  Dooling and Bradley can't dribble?  They are both point guards and its their job.  In our normal starting 5, there is only 1 player who can create his own shot and that's questionable these days (Pierce).  Ray, KG, and JON can't create their own shot.   So, how is that 2nd qtr starting five any different.  I applaud Doc for giving them some minutes and seeing in a younger, faster, and defensive oriented team could do something (Steimsma, Pietrus, and Bradley are all supposed to be some of our better defensive players). I, for one, do NOT think we have so great of a back up set of players but many on this Board think the young guys will do better than the old.  So, Doc gave it a try.  Stop complaining about him trying.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Dooling and Bradley are good ball handlers.? Your on some good shiiat. Neither can run the offense. Dooling literally can barely go left. They are horrific facilitors. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Pistons : Dooling and Bradley are good ball handlers.? Your on some good shiiat. Neither can run the offense. Dooling literally can barely go left. They are horrific facilitors. 

So, who other than Rondo do you consider to be so good to run the offense?   Too many on this board claimed that the team ran better when Rondo was out and that we were better off with Bradley because of his D.   So, now you're argueing that he can't run the offense afterall?  In which camp are you?

As I said, I don't think our team has a great second team.  They are good subs, but clearly just subs.  Bradley is included.   We need Rondo and Bradley nor Dooling are good subs for him.    But, for those who say we are better without Rondo - I'm saying you can't have it both ways.  Either we have others who can run the offense and Doc should use them (so don't criticize him for using TWO backup point guards at one time and saying they can't dribble) .......or we don't have anyone who can run the offense and therefore we don't need to trade Rondo.   You can't have it both ways.

That's the point I'm making.

Sections
Shortcuts