Game Thread: Celtics versus Wizards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Game Thread: Celtics versus Wizards

As I prepare to leave home headed to the Verizon Center for today's game against the Wizards, I wanted to start the thread a little earlier (no halftime starts here).

After two wins already against the Wizards, this game should really show where both teams are right now.  I expect a Celtics win in spite of the Wizards recent upset of OKC.

We have to win this one and I can't wait to witness this bounce back.  It's the games against the inferior competition that we HAVE to win to ensure a playoff spot and we must regain that confidence today against the Wiz.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Wizards

I wonder what we should define as a good game today? Is it just a win? Do we say that only a win by a good margin (12 points or more) shows us anything? Is it a certain field goal percentage or rebounding margin? Is it the points score by the Big 3? How do folks on this board define success or progress today? Thoughts? To me, we have to win (not by a big margin), shoot a higher field goal %, and played well all four quarters ( not just win in the 4th quarter with some last minute heroics).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtsfan, good post and great points.  First off, it starts with a win.  But you're right, it can't be a sluggish win where we're totally outplayed and simply escape.

We need good games by 2 or 3 starters AND JON has to contribute.  We have to have a decent game by our bench led by Pietrus and Bass.

Your last paragraph is what would define a good game (win).  A loss in any way is a major step back and only makes the "break it up" rumors closer to reality.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I see this as very hard game for the Celtics to win.  Actually they are all hard for the Celtics this year.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Petey, you must be posting from the game!  I wish I was there (I live in the DC area, as well).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Wizards:
    this should be a W for boston.
    Posted by ricky12684

Ricky,

They are on the road, without their point guard who is SO important to this team, and already struggling.  They are missing their back up point guard in Dooling, as well.  

This will not be easy, but they MUST step up.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philselig33. Show Philselig33's posts

Am I the only one who cringes every time Avery Bradley has the ball in his hands?
    He is up there as one of the worst decision makers (with the ball) I have ever seen.
    I think Doc is in love with him because he reminds him of Tony Allen, but unless Tony Allen was catching the ball on a cut, him with the ball in his hands was always a wasted possesion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

It's close almost midway through the 2nd quarter.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Wizards":
    Am I the only one who cringes every time Avery Bradley has the ball in his hands? He is up there as one of the worst decision makers (with the ball) I have ever seen. I think Doc is in love with him because he reminds him of Tony Allen, but unless Tony Allen was catching the ball on a cut, him with the ball in his hands was always a wasted possesion. Posted by Philselig33
    Sorry, I don't see that. He doesn't make any risky passes because he's afraid to make a mistake. He jus gets the offense started and gets out of the way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philselig33. Show Philselig33's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics versus Wizards": Sorry, I don't see that. He doesn't make any risky passes because he's afraid to make a mistake. He jus gets the offense started and gets out of the way.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

He shoots when he should pass, passes when he should shoot.
    Look at the first play of the game today, nice drive but tries to dunk (instead of laying it up or at least drawing the foul) on a good shot blocker when he has no chance.
    Anytime he puts the ball on the floor it either ends in a missed field goal or a turnover.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I understand what you are saying but it was one shot blocked. Overall, he hasn't hurt us at all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Hey, I just noticed that for the second time this season, the official score keeper is not counting KG's rebounds correctly. Not a huge difference, but I saw him make 4 rebounds and the box score says 2. I rewound my DVR to check and verified it. Maybe they counted one as a loose ball, but I know they're off by 1 and maybe 2. Yea, I know it's not a big deal, but they ought to get it right.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I understand what you are saying but it was one shot blocked. Overall, he hasn't hurt us at all.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

i am also pleased with how he is doing the job they are asking of him today.  Actually think he has taken some positive small steps this year.  He'll get more comfortable and his timing/what to do when, will also improve with more experience.

He doesn't have some of the particular skills and strengths that TA brought, like being able to skate the base line and climb the ladder for an ally-oop, but his handle will get better and I think it already is better than TA's.  So he can bring some of his own if he continues to move forward with his progress.  

Also playing some noticeable defense for the most part today.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Agreed, Ricky. The Captain is showing up today. Ray's injury looked like a knee to the thigh or knee. That will be a lingering nagging little thing for Mr. Durable.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Fierce, it's a game thread. Can't we at least leave the trade ideas out of this one conversation and concentrate on the game? Just this one thread.....please?!

Sections
Shortcuts