Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers

where did this sasha come from?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

No wonder Stiemsma shoots so many quick jump shots.  He can't dunk.

Honestly, this has to be the best first half (thus far) of basketball this team has played all season.  I'll temper that by saying "Portland is stinking up the joint".  They look "turrible" - in my best Charles Barkley voice.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers:
    Great defense is what makes this Celts team dangerous in the playoffs.
    Posted by Fiercest34

I agree but even with great D you got to rebound and we all know about that problem....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers : Not sure but big leads like this early scare me.... obviously its better than being behind but teams can get lazy .... look what happened to the lakers against Wizards...  
    Posted by CASox

Yes but it's their D that is suffocating them.
    It all starts there. And it's the whole team, not just the starters.
    I think they will keep it up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers":
    In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers : random troll. Posted by JamezHill24
    That's funny... No, big C's and Rondo fan, but the team needs a more complete PG

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

If we can only get that big man. Posted by Fiercest34
    Rumors are saying there are more out there to be had in a trade than we thought. Gasol, Kaman, Bogut, Okafor, McGhee. Danny has to get creative and make it happen

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Celtictrotters!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

What the hell is going on here!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers": That's funny... No, big C's and Rondo fan, but the team needs a more complete PG
    Posted by Accension13

please, PLEASE tell me what Rondo has showed you in this game to lead you to say that. im all ears.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Looks like a good night to be at the Garden!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Leave the bench!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Sixers game (we really aren't that bad).

Blazers game (we really aren't this good).

At least this game comes after a day of rest which is what the playoffs offer.

It's amazing how bad and how good we can play in 3 days.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

what a BS technical for Pierce.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Lets save some for sunday!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Sixers game (we really aren't that bad). Blazers game (we really aren't this good). At least this game comes after a day of rest which is what the playoffs offer. It's amazing how bad and how good we can play in 3 days.
    Posted by Petey62

i tried to tell ppl that the 76ers game was a bad indication of our team.we were coming off two OT games in 3 nights, second night of a back to back..KNEW we werent gunna come out with any fire.

we arent 40 pts better then the Blazers..but we have improved, and its showing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers : i tried to tell ppl that the 76ers game was a bad indication of our team.we were coming off two OT games in 3 nights, second night of a back to back..KNEW we werent gunna come out with any fire. we arent 40 pts better then the Blazers..but we have improved, and its showing.
    Posted by JamezHill24

I read somewhere that Portland has some serious internal issues... lots of disgruntled players... Im betting they make some big changes...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

see, we are out here playing great, and the last 3 possessions pierce decides to mess around..why not continue going at them?? 

great half by the Celts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers : please, PLEASE tell me what Rondo has showed you in this game to lead you to say that. im all ears. Posted by JamezHill24
    Nothing really to do with his play tonight besides the fact he just stands on defense. My comment is a general one based on watching him for the past few years. Again I like him as a player, but I want this team to win now and going forward. If he really was a player that could be built around he would take control of games and be a closer when the games are tight. Nothing to do with this game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers : I read somewhere that Portland has some serious internal issues... lots of disgruntled players... Im betting they make some big changes... Posted by CASox
    Would love to get Camby. Still brings what Cs need. Rebounding

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

It was the best of times, it was the worst...this team has a jeckyl and hide tendencies... i missed the first quarter, ran over an old lady rushing home from work, but, wow!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers": Nothing really to do with his play tonight besides the fact he just stands on defense. My comment is a general one based on watching him for the past few years. Again I like him as a player, but I want this team to win now and going forward. If he really was a player that could be built around he would take control of games and be a closer when the games are tight. Nothing to do with this game.
    Posted by Accension13

It hasnt been his role to be the closer....thats always been someone else, mostly Pierce and rightfully so....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers": Nothing really to do with his play tonight besides the fact he just stands on defense. My comment is a general one based on watching him for the past few years. Again I like him as a player, but I want this team to win now and going forward. If he really was a player that could be built around he would take control of games and be a closer when the games are tight. Nothing to do with this game.
    Posted by Accension13

aaand what, exactly, does John Wall do better than Rondo? ill give him dunking ability.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers : It hasnt been his role to be the closer....thats always been someone else, mostly Pierce and rightfully so.... Posted by CASox
    I understand that, but at least be an option when Pierce can't do it. Kobe is undeniably the best closer in the game. That is his role, but how many times has Fisher been there to hit the game winning shot. Even if he is not the closer, he should be a threat that you have to guard in close games. Not someone that you can lay off of to double everyone else that catches the ball

Sections
Shortcuts