Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers

Doc should rest Rondo in the second half so he can come out burning on Sunday

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Is it me or does Steisma look more confortable out there...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers:
    [QUOTE]I think tonight we are going to see a proud Celtics team bounce back against a Portland team that struggles in Boston.  The Sixers game left a bad taste in everyone's mouth so tonight the Celtics will put it together and get back into the win column. I will be patient because I anticipate we'll start slow but put it together in the 2nd quarter and close it out shortly after the start of the 4th. Not to suggest this is a "must win" but we cannot go into an 8-game road trip having lost two consecutive games.  I guess that means this is a "must win". Let's go Celtics....
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

You were right about the Celtics having a great game.  One of their best games of the season so far.   This is also the last home game on a Friday night for the remainder of the regular season. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers:
    [QUOTE]Lets save some for sunday!
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

yes, please,, ill be at the sacramento game...cant wait...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers": I understand that, but at least be an option when Pierce can't do it. Kobe is undeniably the best closer in the game. That is his role, but how many times has Fisher been there to hit the game winning shot. Even if he is not the closer, he should be a threat that you have to guard in close games. Not someone that you can lay off of to double everyone else that catches the ball
    Posted by Accension13[/QUOTE]

A team and players should play to their strenghts and thats why the Cs have been a good team in the past... in crunch time option one is Pierce  option two is Ray ...i do believe there are times when Rondo should drive to the hoop with his quickness to creat shots for other if there but I think plays at crunch times are established by doc not rondo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers : aaand what, exactly, does John Wall do better than Rondo? ill give him dunking ability. Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE] Wall will take and make shots when the game is close. Remember Wall beat the Celtics last year with a buzzer beater. I have never seen Rondo do that. You cannot compare Rondo and Wall's stats. Wall is on a garbage team. Put Wall on the C's he will average 10+ assists also. Additionally, he will be a player that has to guardedly all times. He may not make all the shots, but at least he is a threat to do so

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers :   Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson  is undeniably the best closer, bar none! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Closer
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Ha.. that we agree on!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]Why not let Rondo and John Wall play together? That way you'll end up having a Brick-Wall! Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

lol

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers": Nothing really to do with his play tonight besides the fact he just stands on defense. My comment is a general one based on watching him for the past few years. Again I like him as a player, but I want this team to win now and going forward. If he really was a player that could be built around he would take control of games and be a closer when the games are tight. Nothing to do with this game.

Celts leading by 30 points and about to win their 6th game in 7 starts and still the Rondo haters are strong.

Not saying they'll win on the road trip, but let's at least give Rondo some credit for how he's playing in the games since the all star break (and the rest of the team).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers : lol
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]
     + 1 on the Brick Wall.

Wall is the second most overrated number one draft pick in the last 20 years.  The other was Kwame Brown - also drafted by the Wizards!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers": Wall will take and make shots when the game is close. Remember Wall beat the Celtics last year with a buzzer beater. I have never seen Rondo do that. You cannot compare Rondo and Wall's stats. Wall is on a garbage team. Put Wall on the C's he will average 10+ assists also. Additionally, he will be a player that has to guardedly all times. He may not make all the shots, but at least he is a threat to do so

john wall is shooting 43% from the field. 43. can he hit 3's? he is shooting .091%. NOT EVEN 10% from 3 pt land. 

anyone can get lucky once. youve nvr seen rondo make big shots late? u must of not been a fan in 2010.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers : Celts leading by 30 points and about to win their 6th game in 7 starts and still the Rondo haters are strong. Not saying they'll win on the road trip, but let's at least give Rondo some credit for how he's playing in the games since the all star break (and the rest of the team). Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE] Good point... Not a rondo hater or basher. Just pointing out the obvious, and thinking about ways to make the team better going forward. Having said that, the team has played great lately. Rondo has been a big part of that. As long as he is a part of this team, I hope he continues to improve and his strengths far outweigh his weaknesses

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I'd just like to see us win a game by over 20 points where it was never close.  Let's close this out and be so far ahead, Doc won't be worried about giving the bench the role of closing it out!

oy - Ray came to play tonight.  Different team when he is an offensive power.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I still think my eyes are deceiving me...but ill take it...RA looks like a 25 yrld...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Would sure like to see Johnson and Moore get some PT in this one, especially Moore who has been doomed to the end of the bench for some reason.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers": Good point... Not a rondo hater or basher. Just pointing out the obvious, and thinking about ways to make the team better going forward. Having said that, the team has played great lately. Rondo has been a big part of that. As long as he is a part of this team, I hope he continues to improve and his strengths far outweigh his weaknesses

Well when you say things like he just stands on D and the Cs need to get a more complete PG  those arent exactly compliments.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

and some say rondo is not a smart player...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Nate may get fired after this game

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Blazers :  + 1 on the Brick Wall. Wall is the second most overrated number one draft pick in the last 20 years.  The other was Kwame Brown - also drafted by the Wizards!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

He was a great college player.  Many college players never become great NBA players.  He is still very young and will probably improve. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

When the Celtics get beat they respond with a complete team win, the lakers respond with Kobe chucking away...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Hey, guys, who is Number 20?  Did the C's trade and get a new player?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Forty-three point lead midway through the third qtr.  Why are the starters still in there?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Sweet Jesus