1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bucks

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How many games would we win if Pierce went down for any length of time? My guess would be not many!!  It's time to rebuild, and the first thing i would do would be to trade Rondo. You can't have a player control the ball 80% of the time and get 6 to 10 points. Trade him to a bad team for picks, or trade him for a star scorer!!

[/QUOTE]

Holy smoke!!!!  You are finally starting to get it.  Funny how all the PP  tirades have stopped. I agree about Rondo.  Not sure what we could get for him but I would sure look into it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Amare can't rebound and Gasol is too soft.  Softness is also part of our problem.  So your adding height and some offense but we would still have the same weaknesses

We need a bruising rebounder.  Scoring will improve when we can be more of a threat inside too. 

Gortat would be much better for this team

[/QUOTE]

I have no idea why anyone would be fascinated with Gasol.  He's older, expensive, soft, and pouts.  He had a couple of good seasons but when you are consistently "sub-potential", that is not a player I want.   Add to that he's 33 years old and makes $19M.  Why in the world would we do that vs Gortat who is 29 and makes $7.2M and at this stage is just as good?    I go with Gortat, as well.

[/QUOTE]

Well I don't care what Gasol makes.  I would take either player.  Gasol down low is head and shoulders better than anything we have down there now.  Amare is a injury waiting to happen. Don't need that.  Gortat I would take,  not sure how much impact he would make.  I only have watched him play against us. Yes he looks good.  Of course any big looks good against us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's the thing with Gortat. The Suns will not want Bass because they're already invested in Scola and Morris, both undersized PFs, for multiple seasons. So if that's the case then why can't Ainge get Gortat now?

Lee, Melo, Wilcox or Collins, and draft picks for Gortat can be done now. But Ainge said, in the article from the Herald, he's going to wait, give this team more time.

[/QUOTE]

Surely you don't believe everything Ainge says do you. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well I don't care what Gasol makes.  I would take either player.  Gasol down low is head and shoulders better than anything we have down there now.  Amare is a injury waiting to happen. Don't need that.  Gortat I would take,  not sure how much impact he would make.  I only have watched him play against us. Yes he looks good.  Of course any big looks good against us.

[/QUOTE]

What if the ONLY deal available is Amare for Green, Lee, and Bass, would you do it?

I mean if the Celts' ONLY option is to take Amare or head into the playoffs with Bass, Lee, and Green, would you do the deal or just go to the playoffs with Bass, Lee, and Green?

[/QUOTE]

Yes I would,  if all other options where exhausted.  We HAVE to get bigger.  Not sure we would make the playoffs with the guys we have now,  unless Doc makes some changes to what he is doing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here's the thing with Gortat. The Suns will not want Bass because they're already invested in Scola and Morris, both undersized PFs, for multiple seasons. So if that's the case then why can't Ainge get Gortat now?

Lee, Melo, Wilcox or Collins, and draft picks for Gortat can be done now. But Ainge said, in the article from the Herald, he's going to wait, give this team more time.

[/QUOTE]

Surely you don't believe everything Ainge says do you. 

[/QUOTE]

I believe Ainge this time because Jan. 15 is 3 weeks away.

I'm expecting Ainge to make a deal before the trade deadline. But right now, I think Ainge will wait until Bass and Green can be traded.

[/QUOTE]

The thing is,  everyone thinks just because we need a big, that all we have to do is offer some players, and boom, it happens.  Only problem is it isn't that simple. We have to make it too good to turn down otherwise the other team will try other options.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yes I would,  if all other options where exhausted.  We HAVE to get bigger.  Not sure we would make the playoffs with the guys we have now,  unless Doc makes some changes to what he is doing.

[/QUOTE]

Doc will eventually figure it out, just like in 2010 and last season.

[/QUOTE]

I have faith as well,  its just he seems to be a slow learner.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I have faith as well,  its just he seems to be a slow learner.

[/QUOTE]

I found out Doc is a slow learner in 2010.

[/QUOTE]

Well he does know its a "make, miss" league.  I am getting to hate his interviews.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How many games would we win if Pierce went down for any length of time? My guess would be not many!!  It's time to rebuild, and the first thing i would do would be to trade Rondo. You can't have a player control the ball 80% of the time and get 6 to 10 points. Trade him to a bad team for picks, or trade him for a star scorer!!

[/QUOTE]

Holy smoke!!!!  You are finally starting to get it.  Funny how all the PP  tirades have stopped. I agree about Rondo.  Not sure what we could get for him but I would sure look into it.

[/QUOTE] When the Truth is staring you right in the face, there is no sense lying about it!!

Pierce would run through a brick wall to take the big shot, or go to the line when it's game time, Rondo would lay down beside the wall and hide!!  I'm really starting to admire the guys who want the ball when the game is on the line,because there are probably not 10 guys in the entire league who do want it in a game winning situation!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What if the ONLY deal available is Amare for Green, Lee, and Bass, would you do it?

I mean if the Celts' ONLY option is to take Amare or head into the playoffs with Bass, Lee, and Green, would you do the deal or just go to the playoffs with Bass, Lee, and Green?

[/QUOTE]

On the other are reports that the Knicks have tried to peddle the contract of the 30-year-old Stoudemire to every other team in the league unsuccessfully. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Ainge doesn't want him either, rightfully so.

Sections
Shortcuts