Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011:
    Pierce stinking it up.
    Posted by joel49

And Rondo stink ing it up too  another lackadaisical layup at the end of the quarter.... and Doc wont say a think for fear hell sulk

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Well this one is now over. The Bulls are simply a better team than we are. The difference is mostly Rose over Rondo. Rose can finish inside; Rondo cannot, at least not often enough. And Rose can shoot from the outside and he can shoot FTs; Rondo can do neither. The rest of the matchups are pretty good for us, but Rondo's mediocrity is hurting the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

If we must lose this one, I hope we at least learn everything we can from it, because I don't think anyone's going to be doing us the favor of taking these Bulls out.  If we make it to the finals, we have to figure out how to beat them.  I agree that we are beating ourselves and I still think a lot of it is mental.  We're almost playing as if we think they're the better team - too many stupid lapses here, and that is often attributed to nerves or being psyched out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

This game is over
    Posted by Karllost

No it isn't.  Still a quarter to play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

rr's lack of offense is really hurting us! thibs saw that enough and know s how to exploit it

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Every Celtics rally been squashed by the Bulls.

Their stars are stepping up, ours arent.

Down 11 after 3, I dont think we can win this one. Bulls are playing better

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

If Rondo was more mature, I think that I would sit him for the forth quarter and let him think about his decision making. However, he seems to be too fragile for such treatment.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I resisted mentioning the missed layups, until now. No team can afford to do that at any level and expect to win.
    Posted by futbal

Missed Layups and sily turnovers are the reason we are down by 11.  Think of the 3 Rondo missed, O'Neal, and BBD.  At least 5 or 6 easy baskets coupled with at least 3 times we GAVE them breakaway layups.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011 : No it isn't.  Still a quarter to play.
    Posted by joel49

Its a figure of speech..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i think its fair to say that the Celtics arent playing the best they can tonite..so the whole "bulls are better than us" is stupid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Where is Ray Allen tonight? You can add his name to the Celtics who did not show up tonight.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

And Ray is having one of the in a fog nites... cant do anything right... yet Doc keeps him in

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

rr's lack of offense is really hurting us! thibs saw that enough and know s how to exploit it
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

True!  Along with Ray being useless with weak passes and no shots - we're getting nothing from our starting guards.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

BBD 1-6  and we keep going to him

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

The Bulls remind of the Celtics; maybe Tibs was the reason.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

So Doc decides to give up? I guess the starters have to rest?

Is the game not important?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

If Rondo was more mature, I think that I would sit him for the forth quarter and let him think about his decision making. However, he seems to be too fragile for such treatment.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan

Why not bench, Pierce and Ray Allen as well? The Bulls have shut them down too. 

The Bulls are playing lights out super inspired.  The whole team has to find a way to get to another level. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011 : True!  Along with Ray being useless with weak passes and no shots - we're getting nothing from our starting guards.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Im fearing that 4th quarter funk that the Cs are famous for... hope Im wrong

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

seriously what the heck is bb giving us? would rather see murphy. has length and can at least rebound

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Dont bother putting KG back in... we're not pulling this one out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I like the defensive intensity; even on a score there are two or three guys aggressivley challenging the ball - Bull's are playing well, well coached.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I don't understand why Ray plays so many minutes.  Ray is in a fog as CA Sox points out......and is sort of useless on the court.  No great D, not great passes, no shots, too slow on fast breaks, stands on the outside not doing much.   I don't know why, but Ray is REALLY out of sync the last 10 games or so.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

So Doc decides to give up? I guess the starters have to rest? Is the game not important?
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan

Doc seems to be clueless at this point. When you have players who are stinking it up, is it worth it to keep them in the game?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

insurmountable weakness: PAINT PAINT PAINT PAINT! cant defend it, can exploit it on offense. miss layups for we are not very athletic and  height-disabled in the case of bb! or physicallly challenged in the case of green and nen! these are issues minus shaq every team can exploit!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

seriously what the heck is bb giving us? would rather see murphy. has length and can at least rebound
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

I agree with you. When BB is on the floor, the Bulls (who are playing smart disciplined basketball) go to the Boozer who is flat out abusing BB. On offense, BB is trying to create his own shot. He is too short, too slow, and not skilled enough to pull it off.  Yeah, I agree put Murphy in there..

Sections
Shortcuts