Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011

allen driving to the hoop means the defense owns him. pp should have hit that! fat lady is bending over ready to sing! where's avery-sasha and murph?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Pierce with another missed three, and once again Chicago score right away, why does he like the three so much?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011 : I agree with you on JON West and Green... I really like what I see from JON
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

Pierce and Ray look so outmatched with their lack of energy against these younger guys.... they look old and tired.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rose making a statement about MVP & best PG in league by totally dominating ROndo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Doc finally got rondo off the court. Delonte is doing a nice job so far. Don't let that punk in again dang it!
    Posted by celticsfanmx[/QUOTE]

You see Rose nail that three in his face? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]seriously what the heck is bb giving us? would rather see murphy. has length and can at least rebound
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    BBD is giving us nothing tonight, but Murphy is even worse.  As far as I'm concerned, Murphy should NEVER see the court unless 2 other forwards are hurt.

I suspect it doesn't matter who plays tonight...EVERYONE except Delonte stinks!  I'm SOOOO disappointed at what this team put out tonight.  Maybe the Bulls are just that good and we're just that old?  I hope not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Pierce with another missed three, what is his fascination with it?
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

Thats what happens with age and lack of energy... you shoot from distance and dont drive to the hoop.... its happen to KG too but he knows his spots on the floor and shoots effectively because of it

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

The worst thing about this is that one of our own - Thibodeau - is the mastermind here.  It's no accident.  He knows us through and through and totally has us figured out.  I hate it that other teams can just pick the fruit from our tree, so to speak.  I realize there's no way to stop it, but it I hate it that it can happen.  Without him, the Bulls are the same mediocre team they were last year.  It's like we're getting penalized for the success he helped us build.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Just an awful game by the big four and the Coach.

kudos to Chicago's defense, and Thibs.

Worst game of the year by Doc. Maybe he want to lul them into a false sense of security.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]I don't understand why Ray plays so many minutes.  Ray is in a fog as CA Sox points out......and is sort of useless on the court.  No great D, not great passes, no shots, too slow on fast breaks, stands on the outside not doing much.   I don't know why, but Ray is REALLY out of sync the last 10 games or so.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    He got dinged pretty good in New York and may still be feeling that...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Rose making a statement about MVP & best PG in league by totally dominating ROndo.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Im sorry but Rondo isnt in Rose's league.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]I can't remember the last time I saw a team so thoroughly dominate Boston. There are positives to be taken from this game: JON played great (and should have had more pt), West and Green played well. Boston's turnovers and foolish jump shots led to too many fast break opportunities for Chicago. The new guys were either late on their defensive rotations or were flat out lost. Boston did great when attacking the Bulls interior but kept going away from it. Right now, it appears to me like Boston gave up. If they don't pick up their game, the Bulls would be thrilled to beat Boston by 20+
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

I agree, this  Bulls team is hungry and dangerous. We need shaq enforcing the paint and getting their bigs in foul trouble. We also need our guys to bring their A+ game. We are not going to beat the bulls with a B+ effort.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]The worst thing about this is that one of our own - Thibodeau - is the mastermind here.  It's no accident.  He knows us through and through and totally has us figured out.  I hate it that other teams can just pick the fruit from our tree, so to speak.  I realize there's no way to stop it, but it I hate it that it can happen.  Without him, the Bulls are the same mediocre team they were last year.  It's like we're getting penalized for the success he helped us build.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

And to think, Doc let him go interview with Chicago.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Celtics 25 points in the 2nd half... 4 mins+ remaining

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Bulls made a statement tonight guys. Thib's Bulls are the real deal. I think that we are seeing the last days of RR as a Celtic. Unless he picks up his game, Ainge is going to trade him once the season is over.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

I believe I said something about their usual 4th quarter funk?? Well here it is.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]Just an awful game by the big four and the Coach. kudos to Chicago's defense, and Thibs. Worst game of the year by Doc. Maybe he want to lul them into a false sense of security.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]

If that was his goal, then he accomplished it perfectly.  Wow - look - when it's truly over, Pierce's shots finally start dropping...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011 : Im sorry but Rondo isnt in Rose's league.
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]

Rondo is a top five point guard. Rose is the best in the league. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

bulls had to win this, playing at home and all. now tied. hope this drives into that soft hard of KG to start finishing like a man versus team slike the bulls!bullls do not reward softies or hesitation. another easy paint score by bulls...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]The worst thing about this is that one of our own - Thibodeau - is the mastermind here.  It's no accident.  He knows us through and through and totally has us figured out.  I hate it that other teams can just pick the fruit from our tree, so to speak.  I realize there's no way to stop it, but it I hate it that it can happen.  Without him, the Bulls are the same mediocre team they were last year.  It's like we're getting penalized for the success he helped us build.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

I wish I could give the Bulls that credit, MsLithium.  I think its on us, not on them.  We missed layups, threw the ball away, and our guards gave us nothing.  It was OUR energy (or lack thereof) that made us look like a JV team playing a varsity team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Bulls - April 7, 2011 : BBD is giving us nothing tonight, but Murphy is even worse.  As far as I'm concerned, Murphy should NEVER see the court unless 2 other forwards are hurt. I suspect it doesn't matter who plays tonight...EVERYONE except Delonte stinks!  I'm SOOOO disappointed at what this team put out tonight.  Maybe the Bulls are just that good and we're just that old?  I hope not.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    I don't agree with the age thing. I believe that the Bulls are a more disciplined team. Sure they are younger and more athletic but this game came down to the Bulls being disciplined on offense and defense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]Pumpsie, You don't know very much about basketball.  Teams get blown out all the time. We will come back but this game was a stinker.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

I've had him on ignore for several games now.  He sings the same tune every time he shows up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Well, that makes me feel better because at least it's something we can control.  the alternative - that we're too old - is far worse.  I have to believe that sheer work ethic and strength of will can make up for a lot of things including age.  But the Celtics aren't helping me out on that theory tonight...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

We will be lucky to get to 80

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]Bulls made a statement tonight guys. Thib's Bulls are the real deal. I think that we are seeing the last days of RR as a Celtic. Unless he picks up his game, Ainge is going to trade him once the season is over.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

Why in god's name would he do that? Why not trade pierce too? lebron James held him to 2 points last time we played Miami. Rondo IS NOT AS GOOD AS ROSE. But he is the best point guard we can get for the next ten years. He is a top five point guard.