Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls:
    In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : I just hope that Rondo put a hurt on him for all the bad calls.
    Posted by guyfromtex

Got him right in the "zipper" hahaha

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : I just hope that Rondo put a hurt on him for all the bad calls.
    Posted by guyfromtex

What? Not the refs excuse.......lmao!!! Never heard that from Boston fans before.....ugh!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

just tuned in..damn, woulda been a big win..but again, we are competitive, and thats what i like.  this game by no means should have been a win for us, back to back for us, 2 days off for them, in Chicago? im happy its competitive.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Get real!  Competitive....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

As our friend, Elvan would say "Boston was playing back to back on their home court and Boston was playing with out Pietrus." That's why Chicago won!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

And the ignore button hits kobedaman troll

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

this game by no means should have been a win for us, back to back for us, 2 days off for them, in Chicago? im happy its competitive.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Did you apply those rules to the Spurs last night? Oops, that's right they won. Oh, did you mention that Chicago's marquee franchise and reigning MVP didn't play tonite? Course you didn't!

Laughing

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

As our friend, Elvan would say "Boston was playing back to back on their home court and Boston was playing with out Pietrus." That's why Chicago won!
    Posted by guyfromtex

And we all know Pietrus is as valuable to Boston as DRose is to the Bulls don't we?!

Wink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

hi all, i called for doc to start AB and glad he had the balllls to do it. this means there's a chance the big 3 could al be back next year. ray off the bench if mutual is something you sign up for 2 years if u can! thats a good deal.. we've tried getting reggie miller and grant hill in the past. plus we have had posey and others.. this way ray ray can just shoooot and rest his legs on defense as we go forward.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

look, i understand ppl are dissapointed we have lost two in a row, but lets put this in perspective. this wasnt the Wizards and Bobcats we just played back to back. we just lost close games against two of the best teams in the NBA! how upset can you REALLY be..earlier in the season we were getting embarrassed by teams like this..we are growing..it appears that we are getting what we want, AB will start. Ray allen had 15 off the bench tonite in his first bench appearance, Pietrus is coming back, WE ARE OKAY!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : C4L ... Chill out man. My point is that Ray can't get open as easily as he use to and the clock runs down and players get out of position and pick up fouls trying to get him an easy shot. It's become disruptive to the offense and you don't see that when AB is playing the 2 ... it's not forced and happens seamlessly on offense with his superior speed. It's just a fact ... No dis on Ray for losing a step but the team tries too hard to get him his looks at the teams expense now ... JMO
    Posted by Mployee8

We see something different.  What I see is that Paul can't get his shot any longer on good defenders like Deng and KG's picks are sticking his butt out, for Ray and for others.   Ray's D is terrible and he's lost a step - true.  But our problem is that we can't score against good defensive teams at the end and we obviously give up too many boards.  Yesterday, Ray hit the 3 to put us back in it and then Paul tried to be the hero and couldn't do it.  Today, Ray hit the 3 that gave us some chance and then we just couldn't get over the hump.   So, I just don't see "getting Ray open" as the problem in our late game execution.  I see that his shooting actually helped (and his defense doesn't).   

Paul was KILLING them early but when we got to crunch time, Deng shut him down.  Ray outscored Paul late in the game.  So, between us not being able to get Paul good shots, horrible rebounding, and not being able to stop Deng - we got beat.

My comments earlier related to SoxFan (and I thought you, too) trying to blame so many of this team's issues on Ray when clearly he wasn't even in the game when Chicago came out and grabbed the lead tonight.  Likewise, check the stats, Celtics were up all the way until 4 mins left in the first quarter against the Spurs.  They substituted and we got killed from that point on.

Ray's D is terrible.  I love Bradley's game.  But our fundamental issues of rebounding and late game execution against good teams are not issues with Ray.  We have a more fundamental problem and that's my point.  Too much recent blame on Ray and his issues vs  examining what this team is really doing wrong.   

Hope my point is more clear for you now.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

look, i understand ppl are dissapointed we have lost two in a row, but lets put this in perspective. this wasnt the Wizards and Bobcats we just played back to back. we just lost close games against two of the best teams in the NBA! how upset can you REALLY be..earlier in the season we were getting embarrassed by teams like this..we are growing..it appears that we are getting what we want, AB will start. Ray allen had 15 off the bench tonite in his first bench appearance, Pietrus is coming back, WE ARE OKAY!
    Posted by JamezHill24

No your not alright.  Out rebounded again, blowing solid first half lead(just like the Lakers do) and Ray will be back in the starting lineup.  Bradley will not start come playoff time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Posted by JamezHill24

Good post.  I'm just hyped because I want to see them beat either the Bulls or the Heat in the playoffs and I actually think they can do it if they focus on rebounding and less "hero ball" on late game execution.   

Yes, we're ok - we shouldn't pull our hair out over these two losses.  However, they have now gotten me excited again and I think they can go to the ECF's with just a little better play against good teams.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : Good post.  I'm just hyped because I want to see them beat either the Bulls or the Heat in the playoffs and I actually think they can do it if they focus on rebounding and less "hero ball" on late game execution.    Yes, we're ok - we shouldn't pull our hair out over these two losses.  However, they have now gotten me excited again and I think they can go to the ECF's with just a little better play against good teams.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

We are alright, but the losses were bad because we did not come away with either victory.  We should have won one of these games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Posted by JamezHill24

Jamez, the Celtics are now the team nobody wants to faceoff against in the playoffs.  We're are not favorites by any stretch of the imagination.  We're spoilers.  We've got two big holes, only one of which is minimized in the playoffs.  1. no big man in the middle who can grab boards.  2. No depth.
    Shortened rotations in the playoffs help our deficiency with #2, but that bigman who can  board and clog the middle is not there.
    We can make a run come playoff time, but the playoffs means 4 series and some of the games this year are back to back. 
    Not having that bigman has got big potential to bite us badly.
    If there has been any drum that posters have been ban*ing (can you believe that word gets blocked?!) all season that's 100% true, it's that.
    No big, no boards = big playoff headache at some point
    If we could do something about that, I'd be 100% in agreement with you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : Jamez, the Celtics are now the team nobody wants to faceoff against in the playoffs.  We're are not favorites by any stretch of the imagination.  We're spoilers.  We've got two big holes, only one of which is minimized in the playoffs.  1. no big man in the middle who can grab boards.  2. No depth. Shortened rotations in the playoffs help our deficiency with #2, but that bigman who can  board and clog the middle is not there. We can make a run come playoff time, but the playoffs means 4 series and some of the games this year are back to back.  Not having that bigman has got big potential to bite us badly. If there has been any drum that posters have been ban*ing (can you believe that word gets blocked?!) all season that's 100% true, it's that. No big, no boards = big playoff headache at some point If we could do something about that, I'd be 100% in agreement with you.
    Posted by breaktime

nobody said we are favorites, im not a game by game fan that is gunna declare us championship favorites wen we win a game and a lottery team when we lose a game.

small chance we can win a title this year? yes. do i think we will? no. but we are in position to be MAJOR spoilers. i think we can get to the ECF if we play great ball, i expect a 2nd rd exit tho. but im happy bc after ANOTHER season that analysts and fans basically have called us bums, we are resurgent and showing signs that we can STILL make noise in the playoffs.

playoff noise is important to me. some posters here are glum bc they dont think we can win a championship, so they dont think we should cheer at all. im sorry, WHAT??? if your a true fan of a team then you know what goes into being a fan, its the emotional thrills and going into work with a smile on your face after a big victory the night before, its the huge pit in your stomach after a big loss, the genuine concern you feel when thinking "what are the celtics gunna do?" thats what being a fan is all about. its not all sunshine, and every fan that thinks "if we arent winning it all i want no part" is not a die hard fan of neither the Celtics or basketball in general.

i prefer being a Cetics fan to being a Wizards fan any day of the week.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : Isn't there a possibility of players being waved late in the season to save tax dollars? Maybe a big gets dumped a week or two before the season ends and we get luckey, no?
    Posted by Mployee8

Fiercest would be more on top of the technicals then I would.
    Maybe start a thread with "Any chance in hell we can still get a big man?"
    Probably a deadline for playoff eligibility when acquiring a player too.
    Would love to see DA pull a rabbit out of his hat.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : Fiercest would be more on top of the technicals then I would. Maybe start a thread with "Any chance in hell we can still get a big man?" Probably a deadline for playoff eligibility when acquiring a player too. Would love to see DA pull a rabbit out of his hat.
    Posted by breaktime

deadline for playoff eligibility has passed for players already on NBA teams. can sign someone off the street tho.

Shaq, hows your foot?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

doc ripped these guys a new one after the game, doc is in fine form. also got reminded how GREAT magic really was.. rr has 14 striaght games of 10 or more assists (double digits) and i have been impressed. now imagine that magic did it in 43 games in a row! thats simply beyond phenomenal. #2 all-time is john stockton with 27 straight. thats like wilt averaging 50 per game. simply phenomenal!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : the team is exceptionally better with AB out there.....i just dont like the effort im seeing from ray.....poor shots and NO defense.....this team cant afford that
    Posted by redsoxfan94

What can I say:
    Player    Ps Min  FGM-FGAFTM-FTA3PM-3PA+/-ORRebABlkStlTOPFPts

A. BradleyG26:41 4-8        0-0       1-1       -10  1     1  1  0  1  3    5  9
    R. Allen     31:095-10      3-3      1-4        -1    0     2  1 0  1  1   314

Wow, yeah, our savior is really killing Ray on both ends of the floor. By the way: Rest of the bench had 4 (FOUR!) points.

AB is a pleasant surprise, a good defender (with 2-3 inches more he would be a great one) and a ok offensive player, but he is to small for the 2 position, a terrible rebounder and an even worse ball handler and never going to the line.

Ray had 9 rebounds and 1 TO (actually he is good in protecting the ball all year) in two games coming back from an injury! Was the only guy from the bench who scored (and this so with a good %). Finally he was -1 and AB -10. Yeah, this team really excells with AB on the floor.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : What can I say: Player     Ps  Min   FGM-FGA FTM-FTA 3PM-3PA +/- OR Reb A Blk Stl TO PF Pts A. Bradley G 26:41 4-8         0-0       1-1       -10   1     1   1  0   1   3    5   9 R. Allen       31:09 5-10       3-3       1-4         -1    0      2   1  0   1   1    3 14 Wow, yeah, our savior is really killing Ray on both ends of the floor. By the way: Rest of the bench had 4 (FOUR!) points. AB is a pleasant surprise, a good defender (with 2-3 inches more he would be a great one) and a ok offensive player, but he is to small for the 2 position, a terrible rebounder and an even worse ball handler and never going to the line. Ray had 9 rebounds and 1 TO (actually he is good in protecting the ball all year) in two games coming back from an injury! Was the only guy from the bench who scored (and this so with a good %). Finally he was -1 and AB -10. Yeah, this team really excells with AB on the floor.
    Posted by Gasthoerer

The whole Ray-Bradley thing is ridiculous.  There are plenty of minutes for both of them, there is no controversy.  It doesn't mean anything who starts and who doesn't.  Bradley is getting minutes and he will keep getting minutes.

Sections
Shortcuts