Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls

I like Bradley starting the first quarter for his energy and d which helps the Celts be competitive early. I like Ray starting the second half (third quarter) because he's Ray and we need him to help finish games. It does matter when coaches put in players as the flow of the game and stategy changes during the 48 mins and four quarters.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls:
    In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : nobody said we are favorites, im not a game by game fan that is gunna declare us championship favorites wen we win a game and a lottery team when we lose a game. small chance we can win a title this year? yes. do i think we will? no. but we are in position to be MAJOR spoilers. i think we can get to the ECF if we play great ball, i expect a 2nd rd exit tho. but im happy bc after ANOTHER season that analysts and fans basically have called us bums, we are resurgent and showing signs that we can STILL make noise in the playoffs. playoff noise is important to me. some posters here are glum bc they dont think we can win a championship, so they dont think we should cheer at all. im sorry, WHAT??? if your a true fan of a team then you know what goes into being a fan, its the emotional thrills and going into work with a smile on your face after a big victory the night before, its the huge pit in your stomach after a big loss, the genuine concern you feel when thinking "what are the celtics gunna do?" thats what being a fan is all about. its not all sunshine, and every fan that thinks "if we arent winning it all i want no part" is not a die hard fan of neither the Celtics or basketball in general. i prefer being a Cetics fan to being a Wizards fan any day of the week.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Excellent Post +2

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Like Jamez, I'm not a game by game fan but this team will most likely have a first round exit.  We probably will not win the division because we have too many tough games and will eventually have to rest our veterans.  The Miami win on Sunday didn't really "fool" me into thinking we were better than we really are.

We're on a 2 game losing streak with games vs Indy and Philly - two teams we've struggled with this season.  As much as I "know" we can beat both, those surely are not going to be easy wins.  Honestly, we "could" lose both.  Then next week, we play Tues, Weds, Fri, Sat and Sun.  The back-to-back-to-back games are all on the road (Tor, NJN, Charlotte) and I would not be surprised if we lost one of those games.

Since the all star game, we've really only beaten 5 teams currently in the playoffs and the NYK and Houston victories were OT wins at home in which we barely escaped.

Add to that a win at Atl against a bad team and a win on Sunday against a Miami team that obviously wasn't focused on us.  I really want to see how we respond against Miami next Tuesday when we go there.

The only quality win, in my opinion, was in LA vs the Clips.  I mean, we've won games we "should" have won (Washington, Charlotte, Portland, Utah, Minny, etc.).  It seems that when we're faced vs the elite teams, we just can't get it done consistently.

With our play of late, I thought we should have won BOTH games (SAS and Chi).  SAS played the night before and we were at home and Chi again played without DRose and we should have had more confidence going in.  But neither materialized.  When it counts, we're just too inconsistent, not mentally tough enough.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : +2
    Posted by Fiercest34

Barring a major injury we are not going to miss the playoffs.  As you know if we had gone and gotten Kaman. This team would very likely have these last two games.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : Barring a major injury we are not going to miss the playoffs.  As you know if we had gone and gotten Kaman. This team would very likely have these last two games.
    Posted by concord27

+1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

When it counts, we're just too inconsistent, not mentally tough enough.
    Posted by Petey62

The first part is true, the second isn't. Is is not a mental problem. We are old and small/skinny, that is why we not though.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : The first part is true, the second isn't. Is is not a mental problem. We are old and small/skinny, that is why we not though.
    Posted by Gasthoerer

That's where we disagree.  If Marcus Camby, who is 38 years old and weighs around 200 pounds dripping wet can still be an effective rebounder (16 rebs 7 days ago against the bruisers of Memphis - Gasol and Randolph), we should be much better on the boards.

To me, rebounding is all about mental toughness.  Rebounding isn't for the faint of heart.  It's all about desire and wanting the ball.  So being skinny is less of a factor.  We have a PF and C who do nothing but stand 15 feet from the basket and shoot jumpers (falling away at that).  You rarely see any Celtics player "following up" his shot.  The first person who knows where the rebound is going is the shooter.

Our guys don't even HAVE THE DESIRE to get on the interior and hit the boards, especially on the defensive boards.  There is no reason why we get dominated so much in the category of offensive rebounds.

I honestly believe this team's best rebounders are Pierce and Rondo.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : That's where we disagree.  If Marcus Camby, who is 38 years old and weighs around 200 pounds dripping wet can still be an effective rebounder (16 rebs 7 days ago against the bruisers of Memphis - Gasol and Randolph), we should be much better on the boards. To me, rebounding is all about mental toughness.  Rebounding isn't for the faint of heart.  It's all about desire and wanting the ball.  So being skinny is less of a factor.  We have a PF and C who do nothing but stand 15 feet from the basket and shoot jumpers (falling away at that).  You rarely see any Celtics player "following up" his shot.  The first person who knows where the rebound is going is the shooter. Our guys don't even HAVE THE DESIRE to get on the interior and hit the boards, especially on the defensive boards.  There is no reason why we get dominated so much in the category of offensive rebounds. I honestly believe this team's best rebounders are Pierce and Rondo.
    Posted by Petey62

Agree with you that the rebounding is a problem for the Celtics and has been for several years.  It definitely seems like most of the Celtics players don't have the desire to become better rebounders.  They would have a better chance of winning games if they had better rebounding as a team. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

My beloved Celtics are in a state of disarray. We beat a Heat team on Sunday that obviously was in their own state of turmoil. I think everyone included myself and the team thought they we were legit title contenders at that point. Now we all know that there is no way this team is worthy of a title. The worst part of it is that the Lakers look like they are starting to come together and are looking elite as they normally do. Guess I will mope around for the rest of the day with my head hung low.

Go Celtics!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

My beloved Celtics are in a state of disarray. We beat a Heat team on Sunday that obviously was in their own state of turmoil. I think everyone included myself and the team thought they we were legit title contenders at that point. Now we all know that there is no way this team is worthy of a title. The worst part of it is that the Lakers look like they are starting to come together and are looking elite as they normally do. Guess I will mope around for the rest of the day with my head hung low. Go Celtics!!
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

Or you could become a T-Wolves fan and root for your favorite Wolf - Jose Calderon - RICO!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : Or you could become a T-Wolves fan and root for your favorite Wolf - Jose Calderon - RICO!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Oh my friend, you are so blind to reality. Go to the LA Times and discuss your favorite team with others. you might get some respect there, but here, you are just another Laker troll. Thanks for playing. Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : Oh my friend, you are so blind to reality. Go to the LA Times and discuss your favorite team with others. you might get some respect there, but here, you are just another Laker troll. Thanks for playing.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

What a jerk!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : What a jerk!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Yes, you are jerk. I might have to put you on ignore if you keep cyberstalking me. Please refrain from doing so and thank you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : Yes, you are jerk. I might have to put you on ignore if you keep cyberstalking me. Please refrain from doing so and thank you.
    Posted by Snoopsnizzle

PLEASE put me on ignore - go ahead!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

Oh how I wish the moderators would come on and delete this thread and ban Red-Russ. Too many bad memories of the past 2 games and this thread is just a constant reminder.
    &
    Red Russ is just a Laker troll always sticking his nose in other people's conversations.

Please moderators, give all of true Celtic fans some relief. Thank you

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

His name is Snoop!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : This year rebounding is really a problem because the 2 best Celtic bigs, KG and Bass, are not great rebounders.  Rondo and Pierce are doing a good job rebounding the ball. It's the bigs that are not able to control the boards.
    Posted by Fiercest34

"The bigs" is too broad.   KG is a career 11 rebound a game guy and he had 14 last night.  He's been rebounding like mad since the all star break.  KG is not the problem.  Its Bass.   We get nothing on the Boards from that position and we get very little when KG is out of the game.  I'm with Petey, its desire and fight.  Bass is big enough, athletic enough and strong enough.  If Varejao can do it and Humphries can do it and Dennis Rodman could do it and Barkley and Unseld could do it then you know its not about size.  Its about desire and smarts to be in the right position.   KG does it and is fightin all by himself at times.   Where's Bass and Steimsma?   

Pierce does "ok" but he's no star on the Boards either.  Bass, however, STINKS in that department.

Doc is right - we just didn't fight for the rebounds and it killed us.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Rebounding is not only about desire, its also about intuitively knowing how the ball will bounce and where it'll be. And that's a talent you can't teach.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Rebounding is not only about desire, its also about intuitively knowing how the ball will bounce and where it'll be. And that's a talent you can't teach.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts