Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls:
    Jamez' 3-1 prediction is wrong. Many here bash me for getting a prediction wrong. But when I get it right, silence! Ha Ha
    Posted by Fiercest34

Fierce...you predicted 0-7...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i think we can get to the ECF if we play great ball, i expect a 2nd rd exit tho. but im happy bc after ANOTHER season that analysts and fans basically have called us bums, we are resurgent and showing signs that we can STILL make noise in the playoffs. Not worth it if it brings us 5 spots lower in the deepest draft since 2003.  If this were just another season, I wouldn't want the Celts to miss the playoffs. But this year's draft is very deep, a 1st round exit is not worth losing 5 spots in the drafting order.
    Posted by Fiercest34

then become a Heat fan. pride wise, it IS worth it. its worth it to fans who appreciate the team doing whatever they can to go as far as they can go in the season and playoffs. being excited about losing? will never happen with me.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : KG's rebounding numbers went down since he got injured in 2009.  It's also not true that KG is rebounding like mad since the all-star break. KG's season average is 8.3 rpg. In the last 10 games KG is only averaging 8.4 rpg. From 8.3 to 8.4 is not really not a big jump. And KG's career average is 10.6 rpg, that means he's 2 rebounds per game short of his career average. Bass is just an average rebounder. That's why he's just 6th man material. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

And I though it is the fault of Ray Allen and the almighty AB with his tremendous rebound edge over Ray, would save us?! Just a joke^^
    You are absolutely right. If KG is by far your best rebounder and your starting four is bass (poor rebounder), your backup 5 is Steimsma (very poor rebounder) and your next guy is...ähh...no one! You are in major trouble.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : then become a Heat fan. pride wise, it IS worth it. its worth it to fans who appreciate the team doing whatever they can to go as far as they can go in the season and playoffs. being excited about losing? will never happen with me.
    Posted by JamezHill24

+1.  I will ALWAYS pull for my team to win and for them to do their best and go as far as they can in the playoffs.   Go Celtics.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : KG's rebounding numbers went down since he got injured in 2009.  It's also not true that KG is rebounding like mad since the all-star break. KG's season average is 8.3 rpg. In the last 10 games KG is only averaging 8.4 rpg. From 8.3 to 8.4 is not really not a big jump. And KG's career average is 10.6 rpg, that means he's 2 rebounds per game short of his career average. Bass is just an average rebounder. That's why he's just 6th man material. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

Let's not distort the facts, ok?  First, I did not say he was as good as he was before the injury.  WHat 34 or 35 year old is as good of a rebounder as when he was 30 before a knee injury.  He is, however, a GOOD rebounder, especially after the break.

Second - you quote his average.  But that average includes the games where we blew someone out and he didn't have to play much.  Last 10 games, for example, KG's rebounds were 14, 7, 8, 10, 10, 4, 5, 8, 10, 9.  The 4 and 5 rebound games - we beat Charlotte and Washington!  Heck in the Wizard game he only had to play 24 minutes.  In one 8 rebound game we got blown out by philly and he sat and in the other one, we blew out Miami and he sat most of the 4th qtr.  So, when it mattered, he's been rebounding great.  In the tough games against OKC and Houston, he had 13 rebounds.  When we played the Lakers, he had double digit rebounds about 2 other 7 foot guys!

A guy can't get 14 rebounds against the Bulls and be blamed for poor rebounding!!   

So, I hold to my statement - KG's rebounds are not the issue with our team.  Bass, on the other hand, is NOT tough on the boards.  If we kept KG's numbers and Bass added just 3 rebounds a game, Pierce added 2, and Steimsma added 2 - look at what it does to our rebounding average.  We cut down on second chances by the opposing team (or get more chances to shoot) and a lot of close games swing our way.   

Its a TEAM rebounding issue and KG is not the problem.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Kg is just an average rebounding big at this point.  NBA.com lists him as  PF but he is 20th in the NBA in rebounds per 48 minutes at that position. Bass is the 52nd best pf rebounder per 48.  Steimsma is around number 30 for centers in rebounds per 48.  And those three are all we have.

It really is a huge issue, no doubt about it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Kg is just an average rebounding big at this point.  NBA.com lists him as  PF but he is 20th in the NBA in rebounds per 48 minutes at that position. Bass is the 52nd best pf rebounder per 48.  Steimsma is around number 30 for centers in rebounds per 48.  And those three are all we have. It really is a huge issue, no doubt about it.
    Posted by snakeoil123

We all agree its an issue.  I just don't see being the 20th in the NBA as being "bad" nor part of the problem.  Its being 52nd or 30th of all centers that's the issue.

Fierce and you would see the point if you kept KG as he is today and simply added 3 rebounds for Bass and 2 for Steimsma and 1 for Pierce and tell yourself......what ranking would that put the C's.  Rebounding is a TEAM job, not just one person.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : The difference between you and me is I look at the bigger picture. I didn't say the Celts intentionally lose games. Since when did I say the Celts tank the remaining games? All I said was it's a waste of time, trying to win when you know you're just going to exit in the 1st or 2nd round. That's just my opinion.  Is the grad school you're going to the Bashar Assad University?
    Posted by Fiercest34

you never know. only one person knows FOR CERTAIN wats going to happen. you were saying the same thing in 2010 too weren't you? didnt expect us to be in game 7 of the NBA Finals did you? YOU NEVER KNOW.

"ANYTHING'S POSSIBLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!!!!!" 
                                                         Kevin Garnett

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : The 2010 Celts team was underachieving in the regular season. But that team had talent, length, and a good bench. This current Celts team is small, old, and no bench. I mean Bass will not start for other teams. If Wilcox didn't get hurt, Stiemsma would not get playing time.  Basketball is a tall man's game. Just look at the champions of the last 12 Finals and you'll see that every team that won had a dominant big man.
    Posted by Fiercest34

your right about that, but again, ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. ive seen alot of crazy things happen in sports, so id rather see it played out then assume.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Fierce, we see the same facts but you are a "glass half empty" guy and I'm a "glass Half full" kind of guy. You enjoy your way of looking at this team (criticism) and I'll enjoy pulling for them in every game.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : No team in NBA history has won a championship averaging less than 40 boards per game. And right now the Celts are dead last in the NBA in rebounding at 38.5 rpg. The Celts are the only team in the NBA right now that is getting at least 39 rpg. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

Pierce makes that shot against SA we are only sporting a one game loss.  They are playing well even though rebounding is a serious problem.  The defense is very good however.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : No team in NBA history has won a championship averaging less than 40 boards per game. And right now the Celts are dead last in the NBA in rebounding at 38.5 rpg. The Celts are the only team in the NBA right now that is getting at least 39 rpg. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

"history is meant to change, records are made to be broken."

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : "history is meant to change, records are made to be broken."
    Posted by JamezHill24

Exactly,  I guess all teams except the Bulls, Heat, OKC, Spurs should all just tank if they aren't going to win the Championship.   I don't know how you can look at it that way. In the past teams like Kansas City, Houston, made it to the finals with approx a 500 record.  Just takes certain things to happen,  but occasionally they DO. As far as record were made to be broken you are correct.  Probably the 2 best football teams this year, the Pats and Packers had horrible defenses and the Pat made the Superbowl.  Probably the first time a team with that defensive ranking ever made it. Kind of like our rebounding problems heh?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

Like Fierce said, look at the big picture!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Like Fierce said, look at the big picture!!
    Posted by KyCelt2

Please define picture

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

We keep talking about who we still have to play.  The Bucks have the Thunder and the Knicks coming up.  They could very well lose their next two games.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls : We all agree its an issue.  I just don't see being the 20th in the NBA as being "bad" nor part of the problem.  Its being 52nd or 30th of all centers that's the issue. Fierce and you would see the point if you kept KG as he is today and simply added 3 rebounds for Bass and 2 for Steimsma and 1 for Pierce and tell yourself......what ranking would that put the C's.  Rebounding is a TEAM job, not just one person.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I said KG was average.  Not "bad".  I get the point.  You're the one that missed it.  KG is an average rebounder at this point in his career.  All the other bigs are below average.  That is a problem.

Sections
Shortcuts