Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to futbal's comment:

Terry had a great late game; helatious defense and hit key shots. The team lacked poise and Chicago exploited that by making the heads up plays when they needed them. The bulls are a very well coached team.

Terry was a minus 3.

Terry's man hit the tying shot.

Terry's man hit the winning shot.

Terry with Rondo allowed Chicago to post up Rondo and foul him out.

Terry did not lose that game, Pierce and Garnett did with their lacklustre play the whole game.  Can you try to be objective. You seem to go a by a rule book Kirk which does not alllow change.   You see the way the two oldest players sleepwalk from fatigue tonight yet you don't think they need help in the frontcourt.  Melo or Wilcox will somehow remedy the situation.  You can't believe that.

Don't argue with someone who has a problem processing what he said in the past because you'll go crazy yourself.

This was a very tough loss.  People looking at Doc and then blaming Terry who has not been allowed to get enough shots all season and get in the flow just don't know what they are talking about. Let's hope Bradley does not have a nagging injury here.

Right now it's very obvious Pierce and KG are not elite players anymore. If the Celts can't get that big, they should get Rudy Gay or Josh Smith. Time to think about the future because even if the Celts get that big man, Lebron is at the peak of his career right now. I don't think the Celtics will have enough firepower to beat the Heat in a 7-game series even if the Celts get another big man.

Rondo might really get a fire lit under him if Josh Smith was here.  The only thing is they are both  head cases to a degree. KG might really get help from Josh Smith.  Smith can be had now we should do it tomorrow.

Why does Rondo need "a fire under him" to be the best player on the floor? Ya think Bird had to have his fire fanned? Rondo stepped up his game tonite cuz he tasted blood. Is that what it takes? lThat's why haters' hate. You don't give 100% 100% of the time- then the disrespect you earn is well deserved.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

If you replace the name Terry by Ray Allen than Kirk really sounds like Fierce, Haha

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

tomobo

You have to understand that comparing Rondo to Larry Bird is not fair. Rondo's nowhere near the level of Larry Bird. Even KG is not on the same level with Larry Bird.

Among the top PGs in the NBA, Rondo's not even in the top 5 when it comes to salary. CP3, Rose, Deron, Westbrook, and Tony Parker are all getting more money than Rondo. There's a reason for that.

Right now Rondo is just All-Star level. He still can't be considered a superstar. He doesn't give it 100% every night? That's why he's getting less money than the other top PGs in the league.

Rondo is more John Stockton than Magic Johnson. It's unfair to Rondo is he's asked to become Magic Johnson.

I hear ya. However, ponder this. Stockton's Jazz took 2 very good(not great) Bulls teams to 6 games twice. He did this w/ only one Hall of Famer. How do you think he would of done w/ three?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

tomobo

You have to understand that comparing Rondo to Larry Bird is not fair. Rondo's nowhere near the level of Larry Bird. Even KG is not on the same level with Larry Bird.

Among the top PGs in the NBA, Rondo's not even in the top 5 when it comes to salary. CP3, Rose, Deron, Westbrook, and Tony Parker are all getting more money than Rondo. There's a reason for that.

Right now Rondo is just All-Star level. He still can't be considered a superstar. He doesn't give it 100% every night? That's why he's getting less money than the other top PGs in the league.

Rondo is more John Stockton than Magic Johnson. It's unfair to Rondo is he's asked to become Magic Johnson.

I hear ya. However, ponder this. Stockton's Jazz took 2 very good(not great) Bulls teams to 6 games twice. He did this w/ only one Hall of Famer. How do you think he would of done w/ three?

irrelevant argument. Different players, different league. 

look, is frustrates me as well that Rondo doesnt go out on fire every single night. But Rondo's best CANT be done every night. He throws his body around, runs full speed, jumping In the paint with 7 footers for rebounds. He literally CANT do that every night. He doesnt have the body for it. Despite that, he is having a very good season! You guys act like he sucks every single night. He doesnt, hes usually always good, just not always GREAT. But one thing you can bet on, and always have been able to bet on, is he will be great when it matters..THE POSTSEASON.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

tomobo

look, is frustrates me as well that Rondo doesnt go out on fire every single night. But Rondo's best CANT be done every night. He throws his body around, runs full speed, jumping In the paint with 7 footers for rebounds. He literally CANT do that every night. He doesnt have the body for it. Despite that, he is having a very good season! You guys act like he sucks every single night. He doesnt, hes usually always good, just not always GREAT. But one thing you can bet on, and always have been able to bet on, is he will be great when it matters..THE POSTSEASON.

Oh really? I respectfully disagree. On all counts. Stockton regularly put his body on the line setting picks that no one in today's game does or is willing to do. So I will give you that point regarding it being a different game(not a positive change in my opinion). As far as saying, "he sucks every night" I wrote that he was the best player in last night's game. So cut the hysteria. My wife tries that as well & its just as ineffective. And Mr. POSTSEASON? He's had 5(count em 5) opportunites to put his stamp on potential series ending games that would have propelled us to either the finals or to win the finals(09 conference final against the Magic in Boston; two series clinching chances against the Laker's in 10; and finally last yrs. 2 chances against the Heat). Zero closeout % in the really big games. If he were a closer in baseball, he'd have been sent down  to the minors already(how's that for irreverency). When he's able to raise that current % to above zero, then and only then will I settle down(crosslegged) and join the cup sniffing circle that you evidently preside over. Not only will I shout out, "pass it over here", I'll bogart that puppy...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

tomobo

Rondo won 1 championship and went to a Game 7 in another Finals.

John Stockton never won a championship and they never took a series lead against the Bulls in the Finals of 1997 and 1998.

And like I said, I'm not saying Rondo is superstar already. People here are asking too much from Rondo.

Nice evasion. If you take out any combination(two) of the big 3 from the C's since since 08- the C's not only don't win a championship, they don't even make finals. If you or anyone else believes that then your credibility(collectively or otherwise) would be far less than it already is...Good luck countering that one...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

tomobo

Oh really? I respectfully disagree. On all counts. Stockton regularly put his body on the line setting picks that no one in today's game does or is willing to do. So I will give you that point regarding it being a different game(not a positive change in my opinion). As far as saying, "he sucks every night" I wrote that he was the best player in last night's game. So cut the hysteria. My wife tries that as well & its just as ineffective. And Mr. POSTSEASON? He's had 5(count em 5) opportunites to put his stamp on potential series ending games that would have propelled us to either the finals or to win the finals(09 conference final against the Magic in Boston; two series clinching chances against the Laker's in 10; and finally last yrs. 2 chances against the Heat). Zero closeout % in the really big games. If he were a closer in baseball, he'd have been sent down  to the minors already(how's that for irreverency). When he's able to raise that current % to above zero, then and only then will I settle down(crosslegged) and join the cup sniffing circle that you evidently preside over. Not only will I shout out, "pass it over here", I'll bogart that puppy...

This could quite possibly be the best post of the year!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

This could quite possibly be the best post of the year!!

The bold part may be the quote of the year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

tomobo

John Stockton never won a championship and they never took a series lead against the Bulls in the Finals of 1997 and 1998.

And like I said, I'm not saying Rondo is superstar already. People here are asking too much from Rondo.

Nice evasion. If you take out any combination(two) of the big 3 from the C's since since 08- the C's not only don't win a championship, they don't even make finals. If you or anyone else believes that then your credibility(collectively or otherwise) would be far less than it already is...Good luck countering that one...

So now my belief in Rondo's abilities is related to my credibility?

Sure Rondo won because of the Big 3. The point is he won a championship when he was supposed to.

Since you're into Big 3s, how about Shaq, Kobe, Malone, and Payton, they were supposed to win a championship but they didn't!

And why are you giving me a hard time about Rondo when I already said I still don't consider him on the same level with Magic Johnson.

I'm not really into threesomes. I guess I'm saying he's not only Magic Johnson but he's no John Stockson either. Since you brought them up-do you think Stock would remain ringless if he had any combination (two only) of a healthy Shaq, Kobe, Payton to go along w/ Malone. Malone was hurt in the playoffs and the glove was a mere shell of himself. Poor example that didn't help your case. Thanks for playing tho...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Disappointing loss for the Celtics.  The combination of a few bad calls, some very lucky baskets from the Bulls and the combination of Pierce and KG not playing well contributed to this loss.  That being said, they just easily could have won if either KG or Pierce had a good game. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

tomobo

So now my belief in Rondo's abilities is related to my credibility?

Sure Rondo won because of the Big 3. The point is he won a championship when he was supposed to.

Since you're into Big 3s, how about Shaq, Kobe, Malone, and Payton, they were supposed to win a championship but they didn't!

And why are you giving me a hard time about Rondo when I already said I still don't consider him on the same level with Magic Johnson.

I'm not really into threesomes. I guess I'm saying he's not only Magic Johnson but he's no John Stockson either. Since you brought them up-do you think Stock would remain ringless if he had any combination (two only) of a healthy Shaq, Kobe, Payton to go along w/ Malone. Malone was hurt in the playoffs and the glove was a mere shell of himself. Poor example that didn't help your case. Thanks for playing tho...

Yeah.

Stockton is better than Rondo.

Remind me why we are discussing this again?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[/QUOTE]

Jamez, +1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I watched the second half last night and I just want to say that Jason Terry stinks and hurts the team when he's on the floor.  And I'm sick of everyone giving him a pass because he's a cool team-mate.   

Barbosa is better in every way, defense, slashing to the hoop, making cuts without the ball, running.  When he looked better than Terry hitting the corner three last night, I realized he's an across the board better player.  No way Terry should get minutes over Barbosa, it should be Barbosa and Lee to come in for AB and Rondo.

Terry is a poor man's Eddie House.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Why does Rondo need "a fire under him" to be the best player on the floor? Ya think Bird had to have his fire fanned? Rondo stepped up his game tonite cuz he tasted blood. Is that what it takes? lThat's why haters' hate. You don't give 100% 100% of the time- then the disrespect you earn is well deserved.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this 100%,  100% of the time.  Superstars bring it every nite win or lose.  They have off nites shooting, but not the rest of the game.  If RR wants to be a superstar he has to play just like he did tonight every game.  You don't pick and choose your games. Like the 7 pts against NO.  Rondo is our best player and he has to play like it every nite. I can live with his matador defense when he is putting the energy on the offense like against the Bulls.  I can't live with it when he is dancing around looking for a assist.  

Plain and simple he has to put his imprint on the game and team mates will follow.  Thats a superstar.  When he starts doing that I will be happy to call him one and a true Celtic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to passfirst's comment:

Jamez, +1

[/QUOTE]

Just why can't he do that every nite?  I don't remember him taking that many hits last nite. He was just being agressive.  

He throws his body around, runs full speed, jumping In the paint with 7 footers for rebounds. He literally CANT do that every night.

I thought running full speed and jumping was a big part of basketball.  I am not saying he has to battle 7 footers all the time either. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

Terry had a great late game; helatious defense and hit key shots. The team lacked poise and Chicago exploited that by making the heads up plays when they needed them. The bulls are a very well coached team.

Terry was a minus 3.

Terry's man hit the tying shot.

Terry's man hit the winning shot.

Terry with Rondo allowed Chicago to post up Rondo and foul him out.

Terry did not lose that game, Pierce and Garnett did with their lacklustre play the whole game.  Can you try to be objective. You seem to go a by a rule book Kirk which does not alllow change.   You see the way the two oldest players sleepwalk from fatigue tonight yet you don't think they need help in the frontcourt.  Melo or Wilcox will somehow remedy the situation.  You can't believe that.

I don't think they sleepwalked,  just didn't hit their shots. Period.  These guys aren't going to get younger and faster with more energy all of a sudden.  You hit the nail on the head, the oldest players.  Thats why we need some of the younger guys to step up. They would be effective if they aren't our first and second options every game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Rondo, Bradley, KG, Pierce, and Sullinger start.

Barbosa, Lee, Wilcox, Bass, and Green backup.

Terry waves the towel.

Wow another new starting lineup.  This is about 10 new ones since the start of the year.  I am not sure I would know who was on the team if you were the coach.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Im sorry but the Cs gave this game away....why would you throw into Pierce to allow that double team when you had you best FT shooter wide open in the backcourt?? little things like that kill you... 

that said Pierce was way too passive when he got the ball.. he waits for the double team and then just barely moves....

The only part of this i agree with is we gave it away.  The rest of it is wrong.  I have watched this play numerous times.  First off PP went exactly where Doc had him go, second the pass in the back court was only open for a split second and then closed. 3rd Green and Garnett were both being guarded by Boozer around the basket.  1 man guarding 2   4th was Pierce too passive?  That ridiculous,  as soon as he got the ball he was double teamed and mauled, with nowhere to go.  Just how is that passive.  He was the only player that was open on that inbounds and he was passive?  Waits for the double team?  Again ridiculous.  The whole play was screwed up with 1 guy guarding 2.   Obviously Green or Garnett did not go where they were suppose to go, or Doc did a pretty poor job of inbounding the ball play.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

tomobo

That's creative writing! I like it, I like it fine!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I agree with this 100%,  100% of the time.  Superstars bring it every nite win or lose.  They have off nites shooting, but not the rest of the game.  If RR wants to be a superstar he has to play just like he did tonight every game.  You don't pick and choose your games. Like the 7 pts against NO.  Rondo is our best player and he has to play like it every nite. I can live with his matador defense when he is putting the energy on the offense like against the Bulls.  I can't live with it when he is dancing around looking for a assist.  

Plain and simple he has to put his imprint on the game and team mates will follow.  Thats a superstar.  When he starts doing that I will be happy to call him one and a true Celtic.

[/QUOTE] +33

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

+33

[/QUOTE]

+1 As always the voice of reason

Sections
Shortcuts