Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Bulls

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to passfirst's comment:

irrelevant argument. Different players, different league. 

look, is frustrates me as well that Rondo doesnt go out on fire every single night. But Rondo's best CANT be done every night. He throws his body around, runs full speed, jumping In the paint with 7 footers for rebounds. He literally CANT do that every night. He doesnt have the body for it. Despite that, he is having a very good season! You guys act like he sucks every single night. He doesnt, hes usually always good, just not always GREAT. But one thing you can bet on, and always have been able to bet on, is he will be great when it matters..THE POSTSEASON.

Jamez, +1

Just why can't he do that every nite?  I don't remember him taking that many hits last nite. He was just being agressive.  

He throws his body around, runs full speed, jumping In the paint with 7 footers for rebounds. He literally CANT do that every night.

I thought running full speed and jumping was a big part of basketball.  I am not saying he has to battle 7 footers all the time either. 

[/QUOTE]

so your saying Rondo should average 30 and 7? you are asking way too much of a player, simple as that. Im sure everyone would be happy with Cp3's 17 and 10 a night, i know they are happy in LA.. but noone can deal with Rondo's 14 and 11. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Why does Rondo need "a fire under him" to be the best player on the floor? Ya think Bird had to have his fire fanned? Rondo stepped up his game tonite cuz he tasted blood. Is that what it takes? lThat's why haters' hate. You don't give 100% 100% of the time- then the disrespect you earn is well deserved.

I agree with this 100%,  100% of the time.  Superstars bring it every nite win or lose.  They have off nites shooting, but not the rest of the game.  If RR wants to be a superstar he has to play just like he did tonight every game.  You don't pick and choose your games. Like the 7 pts against NO.  Rondo is our best player and he has to play like it every nite. I can live with his matador defense when he is putting the energy on the offense like against the Bulls.  I can't live with it when he is dancing around looking for a assist.  

Plain and simple he has to put his imprint on the game and team mates will follow.  Thats a superstar.  When he starts doing that I will be happy to call him one and a true Celtic.

[/QUOTE]

Cp3 scored 8 points against us AND the Bulls this season. Is he an unacceptable player too? Or does that 8th point seperate him from Rondo. You are quick to point out that Rondo had 7 pts in that game, but fail to mention his 11 assists, 3 rebounds and 3 steals. irrelevant right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

noone can deal with Rondo's 14 and 11. 

Mainly because of the occasional stinkers he throws in; against NO 7 points, 11 assists and 5 TO's. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

Mainly because of the occasional stinkers he throws in; against NO 7 points, 11 assists and 5 TO's. 

every point guard has them srinivasa...check all the elite point guards game logs and ull find 2 o3 3 "stinkers". I personally dont think 7,11 and 3 is a stinker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

the problem is alot of posters ONLY look at scoring stat. literally, when they go to a game log, they only look at the points section. thats why, when looking at it, a game line of 7pts,11 assists and 3rbs is a "stinker" to them, but when you flip it to 11 pts, 7 assists and 3, its not so bad.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Don't get me wrong, I don't blame Rondo, he hasn't the same support cast CP3 or Parker has. KG, Pierce and our bench (I'm looking at u Jeff!) are inconsistent and he tries to adjust from game to game. If they're hot he feeds them if not he attacks himself. It's adjusting on the fly and it's hard to get a rythm going like that. When Rondo scores more points it doesn't always translate into more wins. So what's the solution? This team needs a valid big to be a contender but I'm afraid we'll have to give up Bradley and/or Sully to get one. Tough call for Danny to make. Bass, Green won't be enough to get value in return. I'd hate to part ways with Bradley but I'd prefer to keep Sully. He can become the next Z-BO.

Sections
Shortcuts