Game Thread: Celtics vs Cavs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Cavs

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Pierce and Garnett look old.

You think??  Really.  Wow, I didn't know that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I think everyone is to blame for tonights loss except Rondo, he had good stats

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

LOL +3 !

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

In response to breaktime's comment:

I'll be keeping my eye on the roster.  It will be different soon.  No question abou that  now, IMO.

Not if other teams know we have nothing to really trade.  You think we, the fans, are the only ones seeing how worthless and old these guys are?

A trade just for the sake of shaking up the team would be good at this point.

And I'm sure there are plenty of players on other teams underperforming, for whatever reason, now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Despite Rondo's 17 points, 13 assists and 8 rebounds...he had the worst +/- differential on the Celtics tonight.  Thats what I'm tawkin about!!  He may compile impressive individual stats but he is just bad for the team.

His horrible D and 5 turnovers, including the two critical steals by Irving with the game tied in the final two minutes alone cost us this game.  

I really want this enigma moved.  In addition to his incomplete talent and inconsistency, his personality, lack of leadership, arrogance and stupidity is just not Celtic tradition.

Actually he had 6 turnovers, in the first quarter instead of doing something with the ball, he passed the ball to Pierce with 2 seconds left and Pierce couldn't get a shot off and they credited Pierce with the TO.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Despite Rondo's 17 points, 13 assists and 8 rebounds...he had the worst +/- differential on the Celtics tonight.  Thats what I'm tawkin about!!  He may compile impressive individual stats but he is just bad for the team.

His horrible D and 5 turnovers, including the two critical steals by Irving with the game tied in the final two minutes alone cost us this game.  

I really want this enigma moved.  In addition to his incomplete talent and inconsistency, his personality, lack of leadership, arrogance and stupidity is just not Celtic tradition.

Actually he had 6 turnovers, in the first quarter instead of doing something with the ball, he passed the ball to Pierce with 2 seconds left and Pierce couldn't get a shot off and they credited Pierce with the TO.

Thats Pierces fault...he should have gotten open sooner.. Hes messing up Rondos assist totals playing like that

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Guess Docs intimidation speech didnt go over too well..

I saw no difference in the game,  the same substitutions, starters, etc.  Continue to do the same thing and you are going to get the same results.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Did someone blame Rondo for the loss?? Some of you getting very defensive over RR

Some people think Rondo should take none of the blame. He's part of the team and therefore part of the problem.   He is massively talented and does a lot of great things (unlike Pierce who is essentially giving us nothing).  BUT, Mr. Rondo is also hurting the team with his defense and in this game, his two plays at the end REALLY hurt any chances we had.  When you are in grade school, they teach you "don't save the ball back to the other team under their basket".  So, what does our high basketball IQ player do in a game where its under a minute and we are still in it?

But, some people think he should take none of the blame while PP and KG take ALL the blame.  I say they all stink and that includes Rondo.  

first time I have arrived at the "blow it up" conclusion, but I'm finally there.  I said wait until they reach late Jan or Feb and see whether they've turned it around.  The time has come and the verdict is in!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Doc should give them games off periodically like Pops does.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I saw no difference in the game,  the same substitutions, starters, etc.  Continue to do the same thing and you are going to get the same results.

That is a VERY GOOD POINT.

Trade Rondo...and Fire Doc. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And what would you do differently? Serious question - not trying to be a wise guy.  

I saw less of Terry and less of Bass in the second half - no difference.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Wait!!

for the second time with less than 2:30 left:

Irving steals the ball from Rondo AGAIN.

Irving for a layup AGAIN!!!

PLEASE TRADE THIS OVER-RATED RONDO 

Give me a break ....this is Rondo's fault?? Have you been watching the same game? If you want to blame anyone  look at Pierce or KG for that matter... neither one can hit a shot if their life depended on it...

Why defend Rondo?  He's playing HORRIBLE D and making stupid plays while Pierce is playing like he's my grandmother's age and KG is having a "ok" game but not playing to where we need him and Terry is AWOL AGAIN and Green is goin through the motions, only, etc, etc, etc.

Its not Rondo's fault, but I ain't praising him, either!   They ALL stink.  Sully and Bradley are the only keepers in the whole lot.  

Triple Pond Water.

The whole team defense wasnt good when they needed it... Bradley who we all know is a great defender got schooled by Irving just as much as Rondo did... Irving had one of those nights... but the bottom line is that our too vets didnt make shots when we needed them... as for Pierce he didnt make shots all night ... for that matter he has been awful for the last month...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Did someone blame Rondo for the loss?? Some of you getting very defensive over RR

Some people think Rondo should take noneof the blame. He's part of the team and therefore part of the problem.   He is massively talented and does a lot of great things (unlike Pierce who is essentially giving us nothing).  BUT, Mr. Rondo is also hurting the team with his defense and in this game, his two plays at the end REALLY hurt any chances we had.  When you are in grade school, they teach you "don't save the ball back to the other team under their basket".  So, what does our high basketball IQ player do in a game where its under a minute and we are still in it?

But, some people think he should take none of the blame while PP and KG take ALL the blame.  I say they all stink and that includes Rondo.  

first time I have arrived at the "blow it up" conclusion, but I'm finally there.  I said wait until they reach late Jan or Feb and see whether they've turned it around.  The time has come and the verdict is in!

See now you want to say Pierce gives us nothing.  Tonight he has 7 assists and 7 rebounds.  His shooting is another story,  looks like tired shots to me.  He also never gets a whistle.  He should have shot at least 6 free throws on drive tonight.  Not defending his shooting just stating a fact.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

I think that everyone is to blame for tonights loss except Pierce... isnt that funny how different our opinions are?? hmmmm?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Some people think Rondo should take noneof the blame. He's part of the team and therefore part of the problem.   He is massively talented and does a lot of great things (unlike Pierce who is essentially giving us nothing).  BUT, Mr. Rondo is also hurting the team with his defense and in this game, his two plays at the end REALLY hurt any chances we had.  When you are in grade school, they teach you "don't save the ball back to the other team under their basket".  So, what does our high basketball IQ player do in a game where its under a minute and we are still in it?

I thought Rondo was the team..THE LEADER...    only when they win?

I dont know if they should blow it up.... its gonna blow up all by itself as our 2 HOF's get older and older..  They could be a contender with a little help on the boards and Doc getting Rondo to play ball the right way... Unfortunately, we know Doc is incapable of doing that...

Id like to see DOc retire tonight or get fired. Can we trade him for a pick?  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

they responded well!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Subtle, but you just punched Kirk in the grill with that sarcasm.

HAHAHA

Garnett and even Pierce could produce well if the team had some other components. What makes them look so bad is a long season and the fact that they are relied upon all the time. The team needed a good big man and another scorer, nothing was done. It is stunning the Green, Terry, and Bass are so bad.  Green can have a good night but can't sustain anything, Terry is just not being used in a way that complements his talents, and Bass is so bad I just have never seen a player fall of the map like him.  He had limitations before but he is useless.  Keep him on the bench from now on Doc.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

"he has good stats"- what does that mean though?  is that what we're reduced to now is fawning over HIS stats as irving goes for 40 on him?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Well Barbosa would play for one thing.  I know Sully fouled out and does so frequently,  I would still put him in the starting lineup and just maybe he would start getting a little respect  from the refs.  Terry and Bass would not play unless injury or foul trouble.

And what would you do differently? Serious question - not trying to be a wise guy.  

I saw less of Terry and less of Bass in the second half - no difference.  

Well Barbosa would play for one thing.  I know Sully fouled out and does so frequently,  I would still put him in the starting lineup and just maybe he would start getting a little respect  from the refs.  Terry and Bass would not play unless injury or foul trouble.  

Terry and  Bass have both been getting less minutes i think,  but I am ready for none.  Shorten the rotation and play guys that are producing or hustling more.

I know I have supported Terry this year.  I don't think he dropped this bad in one year.  He is not the first player to struggle when they get on our team. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

I was thinking the same thing as I watched this game. No adjustments from Doc. Same player substitution pattern, and everybody got basically the same minutes they had been getting

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

No one is saying that Rondo is perfect and isnt partly to blame but people like you want to blame him entirely... the fact that you bring up those two plays for leading to the loss is testament to this....its funny how you havent brought up that PP missed almost every shot he took... loss the ball on dumb drives to the hoop and couldnt guard my mom... but thats ok cause its not Rondo right?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Rondo is the head of the snake and he needs Hall of Famers in their prime to bail him out. So when we rebuild he's pretty useless. Or is he going to mentor the youngsters? And where will we get our points with a Rondo-Bradley backcourt? Try to get some value for him but don't ask for the moon. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

Rondo is the head of the snake and he needs Hall of Famers in their prime to bail him out. So when we rebuild he's pretty useless. Or is he going to mentor the youngsters? And where will we get our points with a Rondo-Bradley backcourt? Try to get some value for him but don't ask for the moon. 

Rondo saw tonight he is not as good as Irving.  Where does that put him on the list now?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

"he has good stats"- what does that mean though?  is that what we're reduced to now is fawning over HIS stats as irving goes for 40 on him?

He was being sarcastic....

Sections
Shortcuts