Game Thread: Celtics vs Cavs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Cavs

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Pierce and Garnett look old.

You think??  Really.  Wow, I didn't know that.

Subtle, but you just punched Kirk in the grill with that sarcasm.

HAHAHA

Garnett and even Pierce could produce well if the team had some other components. What makes them look so bad is a long season and the fact that they are relied upon all the time. The team needed a good big man and another scorer, nothing was done. It is stunning the Green, Terry, and Bass are so bad.  Green can have a good night but can't sustain anything, Terry is just not being used in a way that complements his talents, and Bass is so bad I just have never seen a player fall of the map like him.  He had limitations before but he is useless.  Keep him on the bench from now on Doc.

Very good post Concord.  If Green could play better we would see less of Pierce.  If we had someone to take KG's place he would play less.  I still think they should get nites off periodically.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Rondo had 5 turnovers, but I don't really fault him for the last one where he threw it directly to Irving. It was dumb, but he was trying to make something happen by hustling. U can't fault a guy for that

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

Yeah it's probably time to pony up for Cousins.

It still perplexes me that Melo can't get any run on THIS team. He can't be that bad.

I agree with BirdLewsBias , how bad could Fab Melo do ? On THIS team ?

At some point , I think ownership or Ainge needs to INSIST Doc play Fab Melo.

.500 team with no rebounding.....put Fab in there and let him take his lumps , let him get in there and hit somebody !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

Did someone blame Rondo for the loss?? Some of you getting very defensive over RR

Some people think Rondo should take noneof the blame. He's part of the team and therefore part of the problem.   He is massively talented and does a lot of great things (unlike Pierce who is essentially giving us nothing).  BUT, Mr. Rondo is also hurting the team with his defense and in this game, his two plays at the end REALLY hurt any chances we had.  When you are in grade school, they teach you "don't save the ball back to the other team under their basket".  So, what does our high basketball IQ player do in a game where its under a minute and we are still in it?

But, some people think he should take none of the blame while PP and KG take ALL the blame.  I say they all stink and that includes Rondo.  

first time I have arrived at the "blow it up" conclusion, but I'm finally there.  I said wait until they reach late Jan or Feb and see whether they've turned it around.  The time has come and the verdict is in!

No one is saying that Rondo is perfect and isnt partly to blame but people like you want to blame him entirely... the fact that you bring up those two plays for leading to the loss is testament to this....its funny how you havent brought up that PP missed almost every shot he took... loss the ball on dumb drives to the hoop and couldnt guard my mom... but thats ok cause its not Rondo right?

That is funny talking about someone can't guard your mother when defending Rondo.  That is not Rondo's strong suit by the way.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Did someone blame Rondo for the loss?? Some of you getting very defensive over RR

Some people think Rondo should take noneof the blame. He's part of the team and therefore part of the problem.   He is massively talented and does a lot of great things (unlike Pierce who is essentially giving us nothing).  BUT, Mr. Rondo is also hurting the team with his defense and in this game, his two plays at the end REALLY hurt any chances we had.  When you are in grade school, they teach you "don't save the ball back to the other team under their basket".  So, what does our high basketball IQ player do in a game where its under a minute and we are still in it?

But, some people think he should take none of the blame while PP and KG take ALL the blame.  I say they all stink and that includes Rondo.  

first time I have arrived at the "blow it up" conclusion, but I'm finally there.  I said wait until they reach late Jan or Feb and see whether they've turned it around.  The time has come and the verdict is in!

No one is saying that Rondo is perfect and isnt partly to blame but people like you want to blame him entirely... the fact that you bring up those two plays for leading to the loss is testament to this....its funny how you havent brought up that PP missed almost every shot he took... loss the ball on dumb drives to the hoop and couldnt guard my mom... but thats ok cause its not Rondo right?

Don't be silly.  Try to reread my post.  I don't want to blame him entirely.  But I definitely blame him partially. 

Make your argument about someone else but try to read my post before putting me in some dumb category like you did.

In case you are having trouble reading - I highlighted some sections for you.  Get back to me after you've read them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

I think everyone is to blame for tonights loss except Rondo, he had good stats

"he has good stats"- what does that mean though?  is that what we're reduced to now is fawning over HIS stats as irving goes for 40 on him?

We are wanting to say those pts were mainly against Bradley, which they were.  Imagine if Rondo had been guarding him.  There was a reason Bradley was guarding him.  Not sure if Lee tried, but I sure would have given him a shot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

"he has good stats"- what does that mean though?  is that what we're reduced to now is fawning over HIS stats as irving goes for 40 on him?

He was being sarcastic....

Rondo is still a very good player.  It is just now we are going to find deals that could help very hard to impossible to find.  If we play well agains the Knicks, Hawks and Heat we may get a chance to rebuild some reps for trades.  Right now I think we are done though.  

By the way is Bradley injured or is he not as good a defender as we saw in the first six games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Pierce and Garnett look old.

You think??  Really.  Wow, I didn't know that.

Subtle, but you just punched Kirk in the grill with that sarcasm.

HAHAHA

Garnett and even Pierce could produce well if the team had some other components. What makes them look so bad is a long season and the fact that they are relied upon all the time. The team needed a good big man and another scorer, nothing was done. It is stunning the Green, Terry, and Bass are so bad.  Green can have a good night but can't sustain anything, Terry is just not being used in a way that complements his talents, and Bass is so bad I just have never seen a player fall of the map like him.  He had limitations before but he is useless.  Keep him on the bench from now on Doc.

Very good post Concord.  If Green could play better we would see less of Pierce.  If we had someone to take KG's place he would play less.  I still think they should get nites off periodically.  

I agree with this... I think Ainge and Doc were counting on Green to be much better than he is and that being the case leaves a big hole... they also counted on Bass and Terry being better and we know they have struggled... so on paper it looked pretty good but the reality is what counts... and so far it aint pretty...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

He was being sarcastic....

Rondo is still a very good player.  It is just now we are going to find deals that could help very hard to impossible to find.  If we play well agains the Knicks, Hawks and Heat we may get a chance to rebuild some reps for trades.  Right now I think we are done though.  

By the way is Bradley injured or is he not as good a defender as we saw in the first six games.

Irving is just that good.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

The series against Miami fooled us, believing we were 1 game away from the finals but we should have known the way they played Atlanta and Philly, this is more of the same. KG played like an All Star gave it his all but now the tank is almost empty. A rebuild is overdue. And we have no use for Rondo anymore.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Don't be silly.  Try to reread my post.  I don't want to blame him entirely.  But I definitely blame him partially. 

Make your argument about someone else but try to read my post before putting me in some dumb category like you did.

In case you are having trouble reading - I highlighted some sections for you.  Get back to me after you've read them.

Please dont condescend to me...Ive read your comments immediately after the game or close to the end and see below... your comments were about Rondo only as if those two plays were why the Cs lost....so maybe you should read your own posts...

• Wow, Rondo...TWO stupid moves in a row.

more »

• Forum Post: Game Thread: Celtics vs Cavs

Posted 01/22/2013 09:13:58 EST

So was that Rondo being stupid and careless with the ball or Pierce's faul for his man being able to double team.  I think that was Rondo careless at an important moment.

more »

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

The series against Miami fooled us, believing we were 1 game away from the finals but we should have known the way they played Atlanta and Philly, this is more of the same. KG played like an All Star gave it his all but now the tank is almost empty. A rebuild is overdue. And we have no use for Rondo anymore.

Don't forget that the team we beat in the 2nd round, in 7 games, the Sixers, are not even a playoff team this season.

They have Bynum coming back.  If he stays healthy, they'll get better fast.

They also have a coach whose only in his 2nd year with them, so the players are still listening and buying into the system.

I don't think our players listen to Doc all that much at this point.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Pierce plays 37 minutes..really? I know jeff green hasnt shown much but play him 37 minutes ill bet hell do better than 3-15

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Fab Melo will play for the Celtics next month or in March. Just be patient, people!

just shut up and wait until our winning percentage is .415 and the fans' barf covers the floor of the new gahhhhden

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to celtic213's comment:

Pierce plays 37 minutes..really? I know jeff green hasnt shown much but play him 37 minutes ill bet hell do better than 3-15

this system we live under, this doc-ocracy is built around over-using the hell out of the veterans whilst deftly keeping the younger players so mixed up with 12 minutes one game 34 minutes the next that they don't know whether to crap or wind their watches

:-)

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:

Rondo is the head of the snake and he needs Hall of Famers in their prime to bail him out. So when we rebuild he's pretty useless. Or is he going to mentor the youngsters? And where will we get our points with a Rondo-Bradley backcourt? Try to get some value for him but don't ask for the moon. 

Rondo saw tonight he is not as good as Irving.  Where does that put him on the list now?

He was already behind Irving on my list!!  Somewhere right in front, or right behind, Ty Lawson!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

We are wanting to say those pts were mainly against Bradley, which they were.  Imagine if Rondo had been guarding him.  There was a reason Bradley was guarding him.  Not sure if Lee tried, but I sure would have given him a shot.

irving is 6-1.  rondo is 6-1.  why is avery doing rajon's dirty work?  i was on business calls while this debacle went down. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Irving is just that good.

he's not just THAT good!!!  c'mon, give me a break.  irving averages 23.5 a game, NOT FORTY

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

What?

Whether the Celtics' winning percentage is .415 or .615, you will still complain. 

We're just lucky that you can't shoot an AR-15 because of your abnormal hands. If you had normal hands, acie, I'm 100% sure you would've been on CNN channeling that inner Lanza. 

damn fierce what a great comeback

a career in comedy awaits you.  you can be the trembling paranoid obsessive compulsive guy huddled in a corner with your pile of cocaine who accuses all dissenters of treason, murder, hate crimes, thought crimes.

oh dang!!!  we already have oh bomma plying that trade.  looks like he beat you to it.  you might have to re-invent yourself into some sort of actual victim of an imaginary crime spree that you thought up in your own mind- and then claim di$ability?

just trying to give you ideas kid.  the cheese is obviously sliding off the cracker over there for ya

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Anyone who blames Rondo for this loss is just a hater... is rondo perfect..nah but he does a lot of good things....this game is on Pierce mostly with KG not too far behind...

I don't know how many forced shots he had in the 2nd half.  Driving recklessly in the lane, shoting contested jumpers with other teammates open, fumbling and bumbling out there....it's time for PP and KG to come off the bench.

Sections
Shortcuts