Game Thread: Celtics vs Clippers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Clippers

It's painful to watch this Celtics team.  All the experts that assured me this team was a vast improvement from last years team needs to man up and own up to it.   The offense is terrible with pound the ball Rondo leading, and the lack of a consistent third scorer is definitely hurting the offense.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Sure not going to be hard to not like the Clippers.  I guess it would be better them than the Fakers or the Heat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to darkman20's comment:

It's painful to watch this Celtics team.  All the experts that assured me this team was a vast improvement from last years team needs to man up and own up to it.   The offense is terrible with pound the ball Rondo leading, and the lack of a consistent third scorer is definitely hurting the offense.  

wait- shouldn't rondo be a 3rd scorer by this stage of his career?  aww shucks, i know, crazy talk!  you'd swear he had cement blocks for feet.  no more up-tempo, just stand around and rotate the ball around the 3 point line and who takes the desperate heave is our offense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to yersole's comment:

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Celts just don't have enough horse power. 

That is why a trade compromising the future does not make sense.

What future?

The only future is AB and his offense is still suspect.

Sully is solid but not going to dominate.

Fab - please...

If you think AB is THE future the Cs are in big trouble... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[/QUOTE]

trade away some of our dead horses......

[/QUOTE]

Like?  And for what?

[/QUOTE]

trade anything but the young kids.  i would trade green and rondo- they are worthless.  or you can get rid of doc rivers and try to re-boot.  but anywhere in the middle and you're just simply kidding yourself. 

another game where you can honestly say "the clippers are not this good, and we should NOT be this bad".  so what'll it be?  i say boot rivers and start over with a coach and some pieces at the 4/5 that are rebounders and if you can control the glass some more then RUN the ball MORE.  if rondo won't run then trade his asse.

it's outrageous to even be talking about this- just simple basic principles.  i know rondo is hamstrung by the limited rebounding control we have but i see little to zero effort on his part to UP the tempo, so we stand around and die for 22 seconds and then heave it.  boring. predictable

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yersole. Show yersole's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to yersole's comment:

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Celts just don't have enough horse power. 

That is why a trade compromising the future does not make sense.

What future?

The only future is AB and his offense is still suspect.

Sully is solid but not going to dominate.

Fab - please...

If you think AB is THE future the Cs are in big trouble... 

It was assumed when you said trading the future that you were referring to AB, Sully, Fab, or anyone not KG,PP,RR for DMC.

So if that group is our future, then AB is probably the most valuable. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to 34wheelchair's comment:

MAYBE IT'S TIME TO JOIN THIS FORUM??????????

BOSTON'S SEASON IS TOAST!!!

YOU COULD HEAR BOSTON YELLING "NO MAS, NO MAS" TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/BostonCelticsfansvBDC

as soon a EMO boy nash breaks like a rotten twig, there go your fakers too. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

is he in traction yet on the sidelines during time outs and bench time or can he sit down in a chair again like normal folk?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

kenny sez: jeff green a bust

shaq sez: its' the same problem, LIKE DOC RIVER SAYS- "which team is going to show up tonight?"

is doc made of teflon????  i mean when does this CRAPPY PLAY start to come back to him as the motivator, leader of AMPLE TALENT to perform MUCH BETTER THAN THIS?  just for the sake of pride.

it's getting worse, not better folks.  and doc rivers remains un-scathed.  why that?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:

love how this is going for the celts so far.. clips arent in lob city tonite, those jumpers will stop going for they arent a great jump shooting team and even those gus cool off at some point.. see a late third quarter run by the green giving them a lead going into the 4th!

You are such a fool.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

If you knew your history birdbrain, you would know that two titles and redemption followed that infamous phrase. A lil bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

kenny sez: jeff green a bust

shaq sez: its' the same problem, LIKE DOC RIVER SAYS- "which team is going to show up tonight?"

is doc made of teflon????  i mean when does this CRAPPY PLAY start to come back to him as the motivator, leader of AMPLE TALENT to perform MUCH BETTER THAN THIS?  just for the sake of pride.

it's getting worse, not better folks.  and doc rivers remains un-scathed.  why that?

IF THIBS WAS THE COACH THE LAST 5 YEARS, BOSTON WOULD BE A MUCH BETTER AND SUCCESSFUL TEAM!!!

ANYBODY COULD HAVE WON COACHING THE 2008 CELTICS!!!!!!

If it was up to you and other knee jerk reaction folks, we would have fired him last year before he turned it around and got to within 1qtr of the Finals or in 2010 when he had great success despite the injuries.   He's earned a grace period and will not be fired for a .500 start with a team of older players mixed with newer ones.

if you and Acie want to ask about why someone is unscathed, ask about the GM who gave us a team with no big man this year after relying on old broken down big men the last 2 years!  We've gone from being a big, strong, defensive club always in games to a team that cannot stop anyone.  After Thibs, we remained the top defensive team for 3 years.  In that period, Danny has let Perk, Tony Allen, BBD, Posey, Pietrus, and other defensive minded players walk out the door while relying on Shaq, JON, Krstic, 3 D League centers, Wilcox, and Jason Collins be our centers!   Think about that, Doc has to start JASON COLLINS!!!!   That's what we've come to and you blame the coach?   Let's see Thibs deal with Collins rather than Noah or Shaq and JON sitting on the bench and still succeed.

And.....I'm not even talking about his draft decisions over the boast 5 years!

why are there no threads about the job Danny has done?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

How does it feel to be second best team in your own city right now?  How does it feel to know the Clippers will be better than the Fakers for the next 10 years?

I feel the Fakers pulling another NO MAS NO MAS again this year in the second round..  (if they get that far.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

How does it feel to be second best team in your own city right now?  How does it feel to know the Clippers will be better than the Fakers for the next 10 years?

I feel the Fakers pulling another NO MAS NO MAS again this year in the second round..  (if they get that far.

I thought the same thing, so are these trolls more Celtics haters or Laker lovers? They should have watched last night with a sense of doom.  They have no chance of beating this Clipper team.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

trade away some of our dead horses......

Like?  And for what?

trade anything but the young kids.  i would trade green and rondo- they are worthless.  or you can get rid of doc rivers and try to re-boot.  but anywhere in the middle and you're just simply kidding yourself. 

another game where you can honestly say "the clippers are not this good, and we should NOT be this bad".  so what'll it be?  i say boot rivers and start over with a coach and some pieces at the 4/5 that are rebounders and if you can control the glass some more then RUN the ball MORE.  if rondo won't run then trade his asse.

it's outrageous to even be talking about this- just simple basic principles.  i know rondo is hamstrung by the limited rebounding control we have but i see little to zero effort on his part to UP the tempo, so we stand around and die for 22 seconds and then heave it.  boring. predictable

For your information, we cannot beat the clippers with up tempo..playing to their strengths..

You have to slow it down and make them play half court game...against the spurs, you will see more running... Great teams can do both...well..we are not there yet...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

They also played lots of zone defense,,,which made us shoot jumpers and walla, we lost...

We need more shooters, or at least a big that will make them pay...no lobs for KG...

• Sections
    Shortcuts