Game Thread: Celtics vs Grizzlies

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Grizzlies

No way. No how.

Keep Green and Lee.  Trade Terry and Bass...or Rondo straight up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Garnett's shooting beter than he did last year and better than his career percentage.

What he can't do is make players out of Bass and Green. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

It just makes me sick.  Save KG who shows up every minute of every game, these guys have no pride.Paul Pierce is not an NBA starter anymore.  Not when you have guys waiting on the bench.  How does Jason Collins start over Fab Melo at this stage?  Wilcox sure; Collins is a stiff.  Give Melo the minutes.  Get a wheelchair for Terry.  This is PUH-thetic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

They are showing signs of life....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to shines01's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It just makes me sick.  Save KG who shows up every minute of every game, these guys have no pride.Paul Pierce is not an NBA starter anymore.  Not when you have guys waiting on the bench.  How does Jason Collins start over Fab Melo at this stage?  Wilcox sure; Collins is a stiff.  Give Melo the minutes.  Get a wheelchair for Terry.  This is PUH-thetic.

[/QUOTE]

Don't get started on Collins.  What a ridiculous signing.  Hollins or anybody would have been better than Collins. He could not score ten in the D-league.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Actually, I don't want Gasol.  1. He stinks of Laker.  2. He's soft.  3. He stinks of Laker.  

He would be number 6 on my list and way behind Cousins, Gortat, Love and Bargnani

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Woe unto thee oh Celtics

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Ill timed boneheaded shot by Rondo.  This is EXACTLY the poor decision making that haunts him 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Love Sullinger's rebounding.  Everything else stinks.  Stupid fouls because he's slow and can't jump.  Offensive moves with no jump so he's like BBD without a jumper.   If he stays in a role, the kid could be very good.  When he gets out of his role, he stinks.   Sound familiar?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Pound that ball Rondo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

and Tommy correctly calls Rondo out for letting their defense get set while he pounds it on the floor out front.  RONDO DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!...er more crazy.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But who on the bench plays better than Pierce?  I would love for Paul to sit but we don't have a player to start.

Our problem is that we no longer have any stars.   No Lebron, Wade, Rose, Durant, Duncan, Parker, Griffith, Westbrook, Chris Paul, Carmelo, etc.   ONce Ray, Paul, and KG got old, we don't have a star (and Rondo is NOT it).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Stop hoisting 3's Rondo!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

How many times do we turn our heads, watch the ball, and have our man go behind us?  Its like watching high school kids.   Who was guarding Gay and how can he just get behinds us when we are tring to come back?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But who on the bench plays better than Pierce?  I would love for Paul to sit but we don't have a player to start.

Our problem is that we no longer have any stars.   No Lebron, Wade, Rose, Durant, Duncan, Parker, Griffith, Westbrook, Chris Paul, Carmelo, etc.   ONce Ray, Paul, and KG got old, we don't have a star (and Rondo is NOT it).

[/QUOTE]

Rondo is our star, but the pieces around him stink.  

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Rondo can't carry a team.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

=============================

Oh, Jeff Green clearly starts over Paul Pierce.  I don't think Green is an All Star, but he is better than Pierce at this stage.  Also, a legitimate center would be lovely.  Not Jason Collins or even Chris Wilcox, but someone like Gortat who has some idea how to move his feet on both ends.  That way KG can slide back to 4.  But yeah, Pierce should be playing about 23 mins a game in a backup capacity.

Also, I am all done singing Rondo's praises.  He has a once-in-a-generation combination of skills but he is squandering them for some reason.  Is he trying to prove something?  I don't get it.  In the same season he has gone from a special player in the league to a defensive liability and a 17 second dribble out point guard.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo can't carry a team.

[/QUOTE]

+ 1.   Its obvious that when the shooters can't shoot, Rondo is useless.   He got lots of assists because Pierce, Ray, and KG were high percentage shooters.   Once our shooters stopped shooting this year, notice his assists go way down (averaging something like 8 assists lately).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Rondo is our star, but the pieces around him stink.  

[/QUOTE]

Despite his assists, I maintain that Rondo makes the pieces around him worse not better. and if he is our star, he's a second rate one.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Fans should be booing this team.

At least we found out how good we'd be with Bradley back.......no change!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

=============================

Oh, Jeff Green clearly starts over Paul Pierce.  I don't think Green is an All Star, but he is better than Pierce at this stage.  Also, a legitimate center would be lovely.  Not Jason Collins or even Chris Wilcox, but someone like Gortat who has some idea how to move his feet on both ends.  That way KG can slide back to 4.  But yeah, Pierce should be playing about 23 mins a game in a backup capacity.

Also, I am all done singing Rondo's praises.  He has a once-in-a-generation combination of skills but he is squandering them for some reason.  Is he trying to prove something?  I don't get it.  In the same season he has gone from a special player in the league to a defensive liability and a 17 second dribble out point guard.

[/QUOTE]

A center would absolutely be great.  But, we don't have one!   So, Green stands around and plays passive ball and that's better than Pierce?   Pierce stinks but Green is not better.  We don't have a center.  Our power forward (Bass) is at best a spot minute player.  

Danny's talent judgement is clearly WAY off.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seriously, KG turned into Biedrins at the FT line in the clutch. 

[/QUOTE]

Not to make excuses, but you could tell he was tired

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

Fans should be booing this team.

At least we found out how good we'd be with Bradley back.......no change!

[/QUOTE]

Got to give AB some time to adjust to being back