Game Thread: Celtics vs Grizzlies

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Grizzlies

Four big ones in a row now. Life is good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

Good news!  Boston's Swiss Cheese defense only gave up 93 points, but they only scored 83!  LMAO!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Pa-Pow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good news!  Boston's Swiss Cheese defense only gave up 93 points, but they only scored 83!  LMAO!!!

[/QUOTE]

HA HA HA - where were you last night when Jrue Holiday made old man Nash look like Swiss Cheese??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

The offence by Doc looks like a jr high mess.  Players stand stand stand stand stand, no movement few screens no second options, pitiful  pitiful, no wonder we can't score, we can not get a good shot.  MORE BALL AND PLAYER MOVEMENT, PITIFUL OFFENSE. PITIFUL DOC

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shines01's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But who on the bench plays better than Pierce?  I would love for Paul to sit but we don't have a player to start.

Our problem is that we no longer have any stars.   No Lebron, Wade, Rose, Durant, Duncan, Parker, Griffith, Westbrook, Chris Paul, Carmelo, etc.   ONce Ray, Paul, and KG got old, we don't have a star (and Rondo is NOT it).

=============================

Oh, Jeff Green clearly starts over Paul Pierce.  I don't think Green is an All Star, but he is better than Pierce at this stage.  Also, a legitimate center would be lovely.  Not Jason Collins or even Chris Wilcox, but someone like Gortat who has some idea how to move his feet on both ends.  That way KG can slide back to 4.  But yeah, Pierce should be playing about 23 mins a game in a backup capacity.

Also, I am all done singing Rondo's praises.  He has a once-in-a-generation combination of skills but he is squandering them for some reason.  Is he trying to prove something?  I don't get it.  In the same season he has gone from a special player in the league to a defensive liability and a 17 second dribble out point guard.

[/QUOTE]

A center would absolutely be great.  But, we don't have one!   So, Green stands around and plays passive ball and that's better than Pierce?   Pierce stinks but Green is not better.  We don't have a center.  Our power forward (Bass) is at best a spot minute player.  

Danny's talent judgement is clearly WAY off.

[/QUOTE]

At least Green has some atheleticism and potential.  All Pierce does is dribble into traffic and launch threes.  Anything that goes through Pierce is a catastrophe.

Yep....Green over Pierce any day of the week at this stage of their respective careers!

And Brandon Bass is not a power forward here.  KG is the 4.  The experiement of him at the 5 at the end of his career is a failure.  KG can still play.  Scalabrine diagrammed a posession a couple of weeks ago where KG made 4 different defensive rotations in 20 seconds.  There are still only a handful of guys in the league who play like that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I didn't see Lee and Bradley play together tonight.  I think thats our best combo.  How can a backcourt of Rondo and Terry stop anybody?   Rondo and Brandley or Lee and Terry still has one big weak link on D.

But in any case, we need WAY more than Bradley to make the C's competitive.  Wake me up when Danny makes a trade hopefully to include Rondo and Doc. 

GO PATS!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to maryngary's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The offence by Doc looks like a jr high mess.  Players stand stand stand stand stand, no movement few screens no second options, pitiful  pitiful, no wonder we can't score, we can not get a good shot.  MORE BALL AND PLAYER MOVEMENT, PITIFUL OFFENSE. PITIFUL DOC

[/QUOTE]

Which is why we have to entertain the idea of trading Rondo!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why does Doc continue to run setup plays for Wheelchair when he cold as ice?  Pierce is killing this team and the Celtics are now 3 game under .500  and sinking fast!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

Lost team

RR is iinjured not good 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why does Doc continue to run setup plays for Wheelchair when he cold as ice?  Pierce is killing this team and the Celtics are now 3 game under .500  and sinking fast!

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, leave the analysis to us, please.  Your next thoughtful post will be your first!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Here come the wolves. Embrace the hate 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

The Celtics were dominated on the boards again tonight.  Why has Danny been asleep at the wheel for the last two years when dealing with the 5 spot?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

I'm sure bloogety will show up

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[/QUOTE]

A center would absolutely be great.  But, we don't have one!   So, Green stands around and plays passive ball and that's better than Pierce?   Pierce stinks but Green is not better.  We don't have a center.  Our power forward (Bass) is at best a spot minute player.  

Danny's talent judgement is clearly WAY off.

[/QUOTE]

At least Green has some atheleticism and potential.  All Pierce does is dribble into traffic and launch threes.  Anything that goes through Pierce is a catastrophe.

Yep....Green over Pierce any day of the week at this stage of their respective careers!

And Brandon Bass is not a power forward here.  KG is the 4.  The experiement of him at the 5 at the end of his career is a failure.  KG can still play.  Scalabrine diagrammed a posession a couple of weeks ago where KG made 4 different defensive rotations in 20 seconds.  There are still only a handful of guys in the league who play like that.

[/QUOTE]

You'd be right if we had a center.  Problem is that our center is JASON COLLINS!!  so, KG has to play center cause Collins is only going to give you 5 or 10 minutes of terrible play.   I don't agree on Green, but you know what.....give ANYTHING a try at this point!   Just try SOMETHING different because this machine is so broken that its pitiful.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its the same old runs they always do year after year...one of the big differences is the Cs have no sniper like Ray .... yeah he was a liability in other areas but his movement and range made other things happen.... now Rondo just pounds the ball til about 6 seconds left on the clock and then scrambles to make something happen... they need a big yes but they also need someone like Ray and Terry is not it... 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You'd be right if we had a center.  Problem is that our center is JASON COLLINS!!  so, KG has to play center cause Collins is only going to give you 5 or 10 minutes of terrible play.   I don't agree on Green, but you know what.....give ANYTHING a try at this point!   Just try SOMETHING different because this machine is so broken that its pitiful.

[/QUOTE]

Come on, when free-agency started last summer, all of us agreed that KG would play Center this season. 

When KG signed that 11m per year for 3 years, it was as a Center and not a PF. So don't flip-flop.

[/QUOTE]

You are right but what gets me is that most of us thought this team was going to be better than last year and yet they do not appear to be at this time.... its not like the Cs were much better last year (record wise) and I do recall Magic commenting about them during a game that they look really bad... but they turned it around.... do they have that in them this year? I really dont see it unless something changes in personnel....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I think Danny clearly understands that this team needs a major overhaul that must include a young very good center to build a future team around.  We also need a very good shooting consistent SG that can play D.  We will not be able to trade our elderly and junk (which is all we have other than Rondo and Bradley) for quality players that will make a difference.  So if Danny has to trade either of the them, I think he would rather trade Rondo than Bradley to make that happen.  I think we need to keep Green given PP's age. I am a believer in Green's (and Lee) ability and potential.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It just makes me sick.  Save KG who shows up every minute of every game, these guys have no pride.Paul Pierce is not an NBA starter anymore.  Not when you have guys waiting on the bench.  How does Jason Collins start over Fab Melo at this stage?  Wilcox sure; Collins is a stiff.  Give Melo the minutes.  Get a wheelchair for Terry.  This is PUH-thetic.

[/QUOTE]

But who on the bench plays better than Pierce?  I would love for Paul to sit but we don't have a player to start.

Our problem is that we no longer have any stars.   No Lebron, Wade, Rose, Durant, Duncan, Parker, Griffith, Westbrook, Chris Paul, Carmelo, etc.   ONce Ray, Paul, and KG got old, we don't have a star (and Rondo is NOT it).

[/QUOTE]

Rondo is our star, but the pieces around him stink.  

[/QUOTE]

I think he's more like a planet, Pluto comes to mind...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It just makes me sick.  Save KG who shows up every minute of every game, these guys have no pride.Paul Pierce is not an NBA starter anymore.  Not when you have guys waiting on the bench.  How does Jason Collins start over Fab Melo at this stage?  Wilcox sure; Collins is a stiff.  Give Melo the minutes.  Get a wheelchair for Terry.  This is PUH-thetic.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] +33

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to srinivasa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo can't carry a team.

[/QUOTE]

Rondo is more John Stockton than Tim Hardaway. Of course he's not going to carry a team, he's a pass first PG!

[/QUOTE]
                     In his dreams!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to srinivasa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo can't carry a team.

[/QUOTE]

+ 1.   Its obvious that when the shooters can't shoot, Rondo is useless.   He got lots of assists because Pierce, Ray, and KG were high percentage shooters.   Once our shooters stopped shooting this year, notice his assists go way down (averaging something like 8 assists lately).

[/QUOTE] +20

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

well, doc rivers has always been a pitiful coach.  he just had a team for a few years here that could cover with him while he tinkered with black magic and came up with UBUMTU and was called a genius. 

it's over doc.  it's over danny.  please fire doc.  you coul dig up milton berle and strap him to a chair and he'd be a better coach for this team

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

+ 1.   Its obvious that when the shooters can't shoot, Rondo is useless.   He got lots of assists because Pierce, Ray, and KG were high percentage shooters.   Once our shooters stopped shooting this year, notice his assists go way down (averaging something like 8 assists lately).

[/QUOTE] +20

whoa!!! wait a minute!!  does this mean that RONDO HIMSELF should have no shooting functionality / capability?  if you check his game log, you see he does amazingly little with his physical gifts at the offensive end.

let's just pose a silly nutty hypothetical situation- let's assume that rondo started blowing by his man and getting to the bucket for some dish downs and dish outs for OPEN shots instead of the steady diet of 100% CONTESTED shots that we always get????

Oh wait a second!!! CANNOT DO THAT, because rondo has no basic competency with a jumper, so his man sags off of him 5 feet in every scenario so rondo's blazing quickness is as good as teats on a boar. 

and that boys and girls is why every point guard has to have an all around game- not super duper shooting or passing or scoring, but just some competency at each. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts