Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks, Game 3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks, Game 3

RA 37 minutes??
    If he plays in game 4, he may be back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks, Game 3:
    [QUOTE]I don't want to hear any excuse about rust for Rondo. He has a triple double but has has played terrible.  Rondo has stunk up the place.  Oh as has Pierce.  Just plain terrible.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]
    That's too harsh. He's done plenty of good things too tonite.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Sweet

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

wow ill take it, but that was the definition of an escape of a win...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Ugly.  At least we won.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Phew again! Move on to sunday and hopefully a better game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Hope AB will be OK for sunday.
    Ray looked good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

quite the stat line for rondo, but he didnt play nearly as well as those stats would suggest

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

well KG and ray played real well tonight and rondo had a good stat line....pierce was off, but still got his points at the line and real scorers get their's even when they arent having the best of shooting nights.....hopefully they come out sunday and put this ugly game behind them and play better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]ray 1-3 from the line tonight....now thats rare
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Yes.  Rusty.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]I don't want to hear any excuse about rust for Rondo. He has a triple double but has has played terrible.  Rondo has stunk up the place.  Oh as has Pierce.  Just plain terrible.

Second game in last two and a half/three weeks for him.  He was off tonight, at times way off, and still made something out of it.  Who's the last guy to play more or less horrible and bang out a triple double.  I might be more enamored with Rondo now than I was before.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

They won a letdown game after the huge game 2 victory in Atlanta. That's professionalism. Sunday could be a blow out. Go Celtics!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

[QUOTE]well KG and ray played real well tonight and rondo had a good stat line....pierce was off, but still got his points at the line and real scorers get their's even when they arent having the best of shooting nights.....hopefully they come out sunday and put this ugly game behind them and play better.
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

Pierce found a way to contribute tonight.  I hate the fact that I've basically accepted the Pierce turnover factor but it's never going to end.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Not sure why we go small when the Atl had no choice but going small.  Why subsititute to match what they do, we should dictate.  I would try playing a lot bigger and making Dampier and Collins play a lot of minutes.  Just make sure we have someone to guard JJ at all points in the game.

No Josh Smith, Horford, or Pachulia, we should be winning easily.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Like Nuke LaLoosh said, winning's better than losing. But the C's have got to play better than that to advance.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Doc in the post game presser said he is giving the guys the day off tomorrow because they are tired.  Didnt they just have two days off?  Gassed after an extra five minutes after two days off?  Give me a break!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks, Game 3 :   Second game in last two and a half/three weeks for him.  He was off tonight, at times way off, and still made something out of it.  Who's the last guy to play more or less horrible and bang out a triple double.  I might be more enamored with Rondo now than I was before.  
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]
    That is why I acknowledged the triple double but probably the most "seemingly undeserved" triple double of all time.  But still a triple double.

He just plain played terribly.  It's not considered being off when you dribble the ball until the shot clock winds down only to toss up a totally ill-advised "no chance of going in" brick.  It's not considered being off when you are plain all alone on numerous opportunities at the rim and you just miss.  Some of his layup attempts had no chance of going in.  I said "layup attempts" and "no chance of going in"!

Let's not suggest this is rust.  Now rust is Ray missing 2 of 3 FTs.

It just goes to show you that just because you record a triple double, it doesn't automatically equate to having a great game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks, Game 3 :   Second game in last two and a half/three weeks for him.  He was off tonight, at times way off, and still made something out of it.  Who's the last guy to play more or less horrible and bang out a triple double.  I might be more enamored with Rondo now than I was before.  
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]
    In game 1, Rondo shot 10-18 for 20 points and 11 assists with only 1 turnover but TONIGHT, he was off tonight because this was his second game in the last two and a half / three weeks?  I don't buy it.

Not a valid arguement when you look at his performance in game 1.  Doesn't add up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks, Game 3 : In game 1, Rondo shot 10-18 for 20 points and 11 assists with only 1 turnover but TONIGHT, he was off tonight because this was his second game in the last two and a half / three weeks?  I don't buy it. Not a valid arguement when you look at his performance in game 1.  Doesn't add up.

Doesn't add up? We aren't doing rocket science here...

Rondo is human. Humans aren't perfect. Therefore Rondo won't always be perfect.

All things considered, he got a triple-double, and we won the game. I'm happy.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks, Game 3 : Doesn't add up? We aren't doing rocket science here... Rondo is human. Humans aren't perfect. Therefore Rondo won't always be perfect. All things considered, he got a triple-double, and we won the game. I'm happy.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]
    If I point out some of the inconsistent play of some players, it doesn't suggest they are not human.  If someone excuses Rondo's performance tonight, in spite of his recording a triple double, on not playing for a week and a half, I'm going to challenge that especially when he had as close to a perfect game just on Sunday in game 1.

So vertigho, I don't really know what you mean by "We aren't doing rocket science here" so I won't respond to that.  But in my opinion, Rondo struggled mightily (as I said earlier, as did Pierce and Bass) so excuse me if I post that EVEN IN A WIN.

I'm glad we won but not happy at all with the way we played.  That is what I'm posting about.  I won't question you if you're happy simply because we won.  Good for you!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Petey, Inconsistent can sometimes trump consistent. Case in point, Brandon Bass; he's consistently disappeared this series. Paul had a shid game but won game 2. KG was huge this game, and is playing like something I never expected to see out of him again. Cheers,, Futbal

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyCelt2. Show KyCelt2's posts

How bad are the Hawks, if we can win playing the way we did tonight. Rondo is the worst finisher in the league, bar none!!  Pierce looked like Howdy Doody the Clown, trying to play ball, after an all night drinking binge!! Pietrus is and has been a terrible player all year long. Please Danny don't bring him back!! On the bright side if there was one, KG played a very good game and had some big plays for the C's!!

If the Heat watched this game James and DWade, may have laughed so hard they hurt themselves!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

CELTICS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Always,

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" 'm glad we won but not happy at all with the way we played. "

Style points don't matter in the playoffs, only Ws. 

No harm in enjoying yourself. 

Clutch matters. Rondo and others came up big late. That's how you advance. 

Hawks took us to seven games the year we won the title. This team is never going to roll out a ton of great games. In fact it's rare for an NBA team to coast through the playoffs