Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One:
    [QUOTE] I don't blame Rondo at all, that was a call that is never made in that situation, ever.  The reffs basically decided that the Celtics wouldn't get a chance to win tonight.
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]

And he had just gotten screwed on the ball out of bounds.........not off him

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : Bingo! This game was decided before it started. Follow the money baby. And now we probably lose our PG due to a cheating call by  the refs
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]

Yeah, follow the money.
    The league wants the micro-market team, Atlanta to win...

Boston stunk tonight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

how does pp miss that?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Ray Allen better be ready for Game 2, because I'm sure Rondo will be suspended for slightly bumping the official. No matter how you want to spin it.. he "touched" the official while arguing a call..
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

I would be surprised if Ray can play in the next game.  Not sure that we will see Ray for many games during the playoffs.  If he can play at all, I would expect that he will only be available for limited minutes. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : Yeah, follow the money. The league wants the micro-market team, Atlanta to win... Boston stunk tonight.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

I'd enjoy meeting you in person sometime

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : Doesn't matter if he barely did. You can not bump a ref doesn't matter how soft he bumped him.
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty[/QUOTE]

but its fine what the ref did to bradley after bradley was jus trying to calm him down? if rajon is suspended and the ref isnt, this league will lose even more credibility....the little it has left

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE] I don't blame Rondo at all, that was a call that is never made in that situation, ever.  The reffs basically decided that the Celtics wouldn't get a chance to win tonight.
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]
    I disagree passfirst.  You are right that the call usually is not made in that situation.  However, Bass did rake his head and it was a foul.  It should not have been called though.

But it was called and I do blame Rondo because you just cannot lose your cool like that in that situation.

Our best hope is that David Stern places some of Rondo's momentum on the trip over the ref's foot.  But in no way can you say you don't blame Rondo.  I totally blame Rondo.  Who else can you blame?

This loss was horrible.  We looked terrible.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from McHale2Bird. Show McHale2Bird's posts

[QUOTE]I am not mad at Rondo for getting the first T, but that ref bump was just plain stupid.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Agreed. This is a classic move that a non-classy player would do and it will most likely cost him a game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Darn.  Rondo will definitely be gone next game.  Boston just stunk today.  The game was winnable if they had played with a little more poise.  This series just got really tough.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : I'd enjoy meeting you in person sometime
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]lol, with a knife or a shotgun?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : but its fine what the ref did to bradley after bradley was jus trying to calm him down? if rajon is suspended and the ref isnt, this league will lose even more credibility....the little it has left
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]
    Bradly and no player can put a hand or a finger on the ref and much less in a situation like that. I thought Bradley was getting a tech to for touching the ref.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : no excuses comrade, we lost fair and square, was on us.. our stars did not show up together.. pp was just atrocious
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

im no arguing on the result of the game....the celtics were outplayed all game....but the refs were horrid on that call and same on that out of bounds call when smith clearly touched it lost.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : Bradly and no player can put a hand or a finger on the ref and much less in a situation like that. I thought Bradley was getting a tech to for touching the ref.
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty[/QUOTE]

WHAT A FREAKIN JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Oh not blaming the loss on Rondo.  Blaming Rondo losing his cool and getting ejected on Rondo.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from McHale2Bird. Show McHale2Bird's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : I disagree passfirst.  You are right that the call usually is not made in that situation.  However, Bass did rake his head and it was a foul.  It should not have been called though. But it was called and I do blame Rondo because you just cannot lose your cool like that in that situation. Our best hope is that David Stern places some of Rondo's momentum on the trip over the ref's foot.  But in no way can you say you don't blame Rondo.  I totally blame Rondo.  Who else can you blame? This loss was horrible.  We looked terrible.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

You are exactly right. It is always easy to blame the refs, but anyone that watched this game saw a Celtics team that came with no intensity tonight. They lost the game and blaming the refs is just a Tommy Heinson homerness that is ridiculous.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : but its fine what the ref did to bradley after bradley was jus trying to calm him down? if rajon is suspended and the ref isnt, this league will lose even more credibility....the little it has left

The referee wasn't looking at Bradley.
    Bradley should not have touched the ref when he wasn't looking.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : I'd enjoy meeting you in person sometime
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]

I live in Wethersfield.
    Let's have lunch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Good and bad calls happen. Ref likely made a mistake on that out of bounds play but sh-- happens. Veteran good teams win, anyway. We came out flat and that's when we lost the game. Some uninformed fans say just watch the last qtr and that's the only important part. Tonight is the best evidence of how to give the game away in the first qtr. Remember when we did this every game earlier this year ( started slowly)? At least KG came back and played A great second half. Paul stunk all game as did our bench. And Mr. Bradley found out that scoring in the playoffs is a little tougher.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : The referee wasn't looking at Bradley. Bradley should not have touched the ref when he wasn't looking.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

he was obviously trying to get his attention

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : WHAT A FREAKIN JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's not a joke, it's a rule.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from McHale2Bird. Show McHale2Bird's posts

Well this series just became very interesting and I am not nearly as confident as before tip-off, but I think the Celtics can beat the Hawks with or without Rondo if they just come ready to play, and play hard for the full 48.. This is the playoffs and they have to bring their A-games if they plan on advancing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Celtics lost their mojo by sitting out too much and coming out flat. I blame Doc and the vets for just not being intense in the first 10 minutes of the game. Darned disgusting performance. But, we can get the split by coming out focused in game 2. Unfortunately it will likely be without Rondo and Ray and with a stinky bench!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One": [QUOTE]Well this series just became very interesting and I am not nearly as confident as before tip-off, but I think the Celtics can beat the Hawks with or without Rondo if they just come ready to play, and play hard for the full 48.. This is the playoffs and they have to bring their A-games if they plan on advancing. Posted by McHale2Bird[/QUOTE] Without Rondo, without Ray, and with the bench we have.....I'm not sure. I sure hope you are right.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Barkley and Shaq called that call horrible and completely ridiculous in that situation.  And Kenny said the out of bounds call before it was a bad call made by the same official.  If they are going to call games like that then they might as well toss the entire Celtics team from every game.

The good news is that it will fire this team up.

Sections
Shortcuts