Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One

I think the rest was still the right thing to do. Everybody was beat up. Garnett reportedly even asked to sit a game, can you imagine.
    A commentator summed it up pretty well last night, that the celts have little room for error. Stars have to be stars, and the bench has to produce at least something.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

When your bench  doesnt get minutes all season long, hard to look for them to step up and be counted in the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One:
    Rondo made a serious bonehead mistake. Cant get a Tech with a 4 point game and little time remaining. Thats just a plain GAG!! Then to bump the ref means Rondo is a major head case that cant control his emotions. Please stop with the lame excuses that he tripped.. Clearly Rondo added a little body check into that bump. If he didnt do that, he prob doesnt get suspended. BUT, Rondo did add the slight body check and its clear as can be.  Very simply, Rondo cost us a chance of winning a playoff game with his latest tantrum and will be lost to us next game. Someone remarked about how AB now realizes its tougher to score in the playoffs. However, AB struggled not because of tough Hawk playoff defense.... His struggle was missing so many wide open shots! PP just had an awful shooting night. A couple times he launched what would have been huge 3 pointers that would have really given us momentum and added big time pressure to the Hawks... he just wasnt on his game. Was it the rest that contributed to the C's bad game? Seems to be the case alot of times in other sports....but wo really knows.  Doc makes the decisions and its his responsibility to make sure his team is mentally  ready to compete.  Didnt work out last night.
    Posted by Karllost

Karl, that was me who said Bradley found it harder to score in the playoffs.  And you're right - he missed open jump shots.  I contend that its harder to hit even open jumpers because everything in the game has more pressure and you're tighter.  YOu're tired from the running and pressure and it takes a while to feel comfortable in that atmosphere.  Most players in their first playoff game are not ready for it.  Commentators in the Clippers game interviewed Blake Griffith - he said how nervous he was and that he had never experienced an atmosphere like that.

Also - did you see how many of Bradley's layups were contested rather than wide open?   2 of his 3 back door cuts and one of his drives were MUCH more contested than they are in the regular season and he missed.  That's the playoffs.   He'll get used to it and he'll understand that he has to step it up because the defence is tougher and the pressure is tougher.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : Karl, that was me who said Bradley found it harder to score in the playoffs.  And you're right - he missed open jump shots.  I contend that its harder to hit even open jumpers because everything in the game has more pressure and you're tighter.  YOu're tired from the running and pressure and it takes a while to feel comfortable in that atmosphere.  Most players in their first playoff game are not ready for it.  Commentators in the Clippers game interviewed Blake Griffith - he said how nervous he was and that he had never experienced an atmosphere like that. Also - did you see how many of Bradley's layups were contested rather than wide open?   2 of his 3 back door cuts and one of his drives were MUCH more contested than they are in the regular season and he missed.  That's the playoffs.   He'll get used to it and he'll understand that he has to step it up because the defence is tougher and the pressure is tougher.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I tried to tell this to everybody about the month of April. Teams resting players and teams not in the playoffs are playing younger players makes teams look good. Playoffs are a different animal pure and simple. Game slows down and bigs/rebounding play a huge role. I believe that someone debated me on this saying assists are more important than rebounding?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Rondo didn't cost us the game, he was by far our best player. The bench didn't cost us the game, no one on the bench knows , when or how long they will play, thanks to Doc. The Refs didn't cost us the game, they made bad calls both ways, if you want to know what cost us the game, look no further then KG's first half, and Pierce for the whole game. If that's the best they can do the C's are in trouble!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : Karl, that was me who said Bradley found it harder to score in the playoffs.  And you're right - he missed open jump shots.  I contend that its harder to hit even open jumpers because everything in the game has more pressure and you're tighter.  YOu're tired from the running and pressure and it takes a while to feel comfortable in that atmosphere.  Most players in their first playoff game are not ready for it.  Commentators in the Clippers game interviewed Blake Griffith - he said how nervous he was and that he had never experienced an atmosphere like that. Also - did you see how many of Bradley's layups were contested rather than wide open?   2 of his 3 back door cuts and one of his drives were MUCH more contested than they are in the regular season and he missed.  That's the playoffs.   He'll get used to it and he'll understand that he has to step it up because the defence is tougher and the pressure is tougher.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Agree, as he gets more playoff experience his game will improve.  It really is a matter of jumping into the fire with playoff levels.  Look at Seguin on the Bruins, took him some time to adjust.  AB is a 20 year old kid, going to run the point in game 2.  By the end of this series he'll have made big strides.

I'm glad they are facing some adversity this early, it's a wake up call.  Didn't want them cruising into the second round feeling too comfortable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One":
    In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One :  Agree, as he gets more playoff experience his game will improve.  It really is a matter of jumping into the fire with playoff levels.  Look at Seguin on the Bruins, took him some time to adjust.  AB is a 20 year old kid, going to run the point in game 2.  By the end of this series he'll have made big strides.  I'm glad they are facing some adversity this early, it's a wake up call.  Didn't want them cruising into the second round feeling too comfortable. Posted by passfirst
    Agreed. I think Bradley will figure it out, KG will not shoot that bad in the first half of a game very often, and Pierce won't struggle all series. It was a bad game nd we shouldn't over react to one loss just like we shouldn't overreact when we win one. It's going to be a long hard fought series......and we'll win it!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : I guess you're not very good at statistics.  Did you go to college? Home teams that win the first game of the series go on to WIN the series 80% of the time! Of course the series is not over with yet, but those are pretty steep odds. Have a good day!
    Posted by kobedaman

Hey sucka, How are those stats working out for ya?

Sections
Shortcuts