Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : this is possible, but only when they consider suspending him for one game or not suspending him at all.....a two game suspension is out of question because there is reasonable doubt that he tripped over bass and his momentum carried him into the ref...obviously he didnt do anything to avoid bumping into the ref, and that may be why he is suspended one game
    Posted by redsoxfan94[/QUOTE]

if he is suspended, the league will say that the rip is irrelevant, he shouldnt have been close enough to make that contact in the first place...and he will get the game. 2 games? i will be shocked.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]The Hawks came to play like they always do in the playoffs. Rondo was wrong for bumping the refs and now the Celtics will suffer because of his actions. Atlanta is a tough team for us, always has been and always will be. I know yall didnt think my Hawks would be cake walk. Atlanta in the Playoffs is a hard team to beat!
    Posted by Bwilson29[/QUOTE]

they are always a pain in the neck, but they end up losing in the end usually

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

I feel bad for the Celtic fans.  This was a tough loss.  There is still time to win the series if the C's play there patented defense.  I am no longer a big Rajon Rondo fan.  I'm sorry.  He is a great player, but he needs to grow up and think more about what is good for the team. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : if he is suspended, the league will say that the rip is irrelevant, he shouldnt have been close enough to make that contact in the first place...and he will get the game. 2 games? i will be shocked.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]
    I'm with you, I'm guessing one game. But unfortunately, this isn't Rondo's first brush. I'm hoping that won't come into play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]I feel bad for the Celtic fans.  This was a tough loss.  There is still time to win the series if the C's play there patented defense.  I am no longer a big Rajon Rondo fan.  I'm sorry.  He is a great player, but he needs to grow up and think more about what is good for the team. 
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

what needed to be done was to wake the team up, the celtics need to realize they are he better team and need to play like it. rondo did something to try to wake them up...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One": [QUOTE]It's funny that nobody has brought up Boston's 4 points from the bench. Or getting out-rebounded again. Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE] It was brought up much earlier in the thread.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : I live in Wethersfield. Let's have lunch.
    Posted by Mark from Ct[/QUOTE]

That's really funny ........ Connecticut Valley Hospital isn't in Wethersfield

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

League rule says one game for "intentional" contact with game official. Question will be intent. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : That's really funny ........ Connecticut Valley Hospital isn't in Wethersfield
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]

yes, the man definitely belongs in an insane asylum

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : yes, the man definitely belongs in an insane asylum

You think he's a man? LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : what needed to be done was to wake the team up, the celtics need to realize they are he better team and need to play like it. rondo did something to try to wake them up...
    If you're going to do something to wake your team up, don't wait until the final minute of the game. And don't do something that will jeopardize your availability for Game Two.

redsoxfan94, all you have to do is look at your avatar. Pedey will do just about anything to win and light a fire under his teammates. But he's far too mature and under control to bump an umpire in a playoff series.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One": [QUOTE]Can't blame Rondo for getting pizzed and the bump does look like he tripped over a shoe and not intensionally. Bass clearly had the ball along with Smith and the ref keeps watching not signaling a jump ball as Rondo does so in the background. Then Smith rolls over to escape Basses grip and as Bass reaches to get his hands back on the ball, Smith throws it up to his teammate and just as the ball leaves Smith's hand the ref goes into motion to signal a foul. Kinda like that delayed foul call on KG's missed FG when there was no intention to blow the whistle if it went it and give him a +1. The C's stunk but this ref was no better. Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE] Is that the same ref that rondo had a problem with at the end of the season where he got a tech on his way to the locker room at halftime? I thought only the best referees get to work the playoffs? Mark Davis is horrible.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

So much for rest for nothing. These guys should have played a few minutes in the last few games. They had rythm going and now it seemed like they lost it...Nothing special about the Hawks. C's just did not show up starting with KG and Bass

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

We should have won but there is no way we cannot beat this team.

The question I have is what happened to the coverage on threes.  At crucial times Hinrich and Teague got wide open shots and Rondo was on the other side of the court. Roaming is one thing but leaving guys wide open is another.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One": [QUOTE]Can't blame Rondo for getting pizzed and the bump does look like he tripped over a shoe and not intensionally. Bass clearly had the ball along with Smith and the ref keeps watching not signaling a jump ball as Rondo does so in the background. Then Smith rolls over to escape Basses grip and as Bass reaches to get his hands back on the ball, Smith throws it up to his teammate and just as the ball leaves Smith's hand the ref goes into motion to signal a foul. Kinda like that delayed foul call on KG's missed FG when there was no intention to blow the whistle if it went it and give him a +1. The C's stunk but this ref was no better. Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE] Is that the same ref that rondo had a problem with at the end of the season where he got a tech on his way to the locker room at halftime? I thought only the best referees get to work the playoffs? Mark Davis is horrible.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : only 4 players came off the bench. Pav and Dooling each got 6 minutes and Pav was 0-0 while Dooling went 1-3. Steamer and Peaches each got 20 minutes and Steamer was 1-2 while Peaches went 0-2. Not many shots taken by the bench (7 total). Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE] Good observation. They were giving us nothing but dumb shots and not hustling. Sasha fumbling the ball, Dooling lost......and the Atlanta lead was growing. At one point Dooling didn't even run down court on a fast breat....then when he finally caught up, Rondo gave him the ball and he did a whirling fall away jumper with someone's hand inhis face. Pathetic. Doc did the right thing by going back to the starters back and that's how we came back. If he hadn't done that, we get blown out. There's a reason why Sasha, Williams, and Hollis were released by other teams this year or last yr and why Dooling an Daniels were available for vet minimums - nobody else wants them! Steamer is a real find but even he is a NBDL player. Our bench is just "rag tag" guys.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One : No you  drooling idiot. he never gained control.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for your comment.  After watching the C's play like crap and the referees were almost as bad, I needed a good laugh.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I have not watched the game. It is on DVR.  By looking at the box score the benched sucked along with Bass and Pierce.  Did they even show up?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks - Game One": Good observation. They were giving us nothing but dumb shots and not hustling. Sasha fumbling the ball, Dooling lost......and the Atlanta lead was growing. At one point Dooling didn't even run down court on a fast breat....then when he finally caught up, Rondo gave him the ball and he did a whirling fall away jumper with someone's hand inhis face. Pathetic. Doc did the right thing by going back to the starters back and that's how we came back. If he hadn't done that, we get blown out. There's a reason why Sasha, Williams, and Hollis were released by other teams this year or last yr and why Dooling an Daniels were available for vet minimums - nobody else wants them! Steamer is a real find but even he is a NBDL player. Our bench is just "rag tag" guys.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

i dont think you are being fair there AT ALL. yes the bench had a bad game, but to go as far as saying they basically dont belong in the league? Stiemsma is far more than a NBDL player, and i think he has proved that to most C's fans this season.

just bc they didnt play well (quite frankly, noone did) doesnt mean they cant play. it means they had a bad game.

reserve judgement for game's 2 and 3. i am 97% sure you will see closer to the full potential of these players and this team in those games. what you saw tonite MIGHT have been a blessing in disguise..we are awake now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Jamez, I hope they are awake now.  

Im not a fan of taking multiple games off to end a season.  look at Green Bay this year and Indianapolis a season or two ago.  Or we can have a DRose situation.  A fine line between rest and rust.

Sections
Shortcuts