Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks

I sure hope we get some guys some work.

I hope this doesn't get ugly and if it does, so what.

Let's go Celtics.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks

Four of 5 starters are out...  we could use the win for homecourt if we meet the Hwks in the playoffs..but outside of that, its a no stress game.

Dont know why KG & PP had to make the trip..travel is tiring too.  Oh well, didnt want to let the day go by without some Doc cristicism.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks:
    [QUOTE]Four of 5 starters are out...  we could use the win for homecourt if we meet the Hwks in the playoffs..but outside of that, its a no stress game. Dont know why KG & PP had to make the trip..travel is tiring too.  Oh well, didnt want to let the day go by without some Doc cristicism.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Agree with you about homecourt.  Doc must not care about getting homecourt.  This could be a very ugly game with the different rotation options that Doc will have tonight. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

This one is going to get ugly quickly.

Even though it's a no stress game, I STILL don't like to see basketball players wearing green uniforms that say "CELTICS" on the front lose!

Did PP and KG travel to Atlanta because I don't see them on the bench?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The only thing good that's going to happen in this game is learning by the bench.  Along those lines, when will Steimsma and Bass learn to stop getting fouls by going for every fake?   While I love Steamer's blocks, he has to learn he can't block EVERY shot and avoiding fouls is also important because it keeps you on the court.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks : Agree with you about homecourt.  Doc must not care about getting homecourt.  This could be a very ugly game with the different rotation options that Doc will have tonight. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

He cares more about everyone's health.   He was trying to get home court advantage in those games where folks complained that he played the starters too much but now that he can't get it.....he's resting them.   That's the right move imo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Gotta love what's going on with Bradley.  His confidence grows by the game and we see more and more and more what Danny saw when he drafted this kid.   Wow - this kid has talent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

The difference between having HCA and not are those ugly games like the losses at Toronto and listless performances like the 5 game losing streak.

That is where we lost HCA, not now.

Celtsfan, you're right.  Guys need to work on things.  I agree that Bass and Stiemsma need to work on playing aggressive but under control.  You can be tough while playing smart.  They simply jump at every pump fake and it makes them, especially Stiemsma, susceptible to unecessary fouls.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]The difference between having HCA and not are those ugly games like the losses at Toronto and listless performances like the 5 game losing streak. That is where we lost HCA, not now. Celtsfan, you're right.  Guys need to work on things.  I agree that Bass and Stiemsma need to work on playing aggressive but under control.  You can be tough while playing smart.  They simply jump at every pump fake and it makes them, especially Stiemsma, susceptible to unecessary fouls.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

What's up with Bass?  I think he feels that he should be back at the hotel chillin' too as a starter who's worn down.

He's totally not into the game.  You can see AB being aggressive offensively but Bass looks like he's not into the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Fouls hard to come by tonight. Doc most likely unhapp with the offense to start the half. These kids need to just run the same offense as the starters do or how else can Doc integrate them into games when it counts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Bass and Steisma, never had to play this level of D, they are learning on the go..staying out of foul trouble is very hard on  the big guys. For some it takes a few years. Obviously we don't have that luxury..Steimer i understand, because he has to cover for a break down on defense..but Bass, just goes for every loopy up and under move...good to see you back at the helm, Petey...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Hollins doing some nice work taking up space..setting screens..he could get some emergency minutes in playoffs....some additional fouls...when needed
    i want to see the new guy...throw him in and let him get feet wet...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

We may get HCA anyway. Hawks could lose out the rest of their schedule the way they look tonight

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Hey Ortiz, good to be back.  Busy work week.

We are really playing this game okay.  We're not doing too bad.

Is Stiemsma okay because he hasn't played in the 2nd half.  Let's hope it's just to rest his foot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Fouls hard to come by tonight. Doc most likely unhapp with the offense to start the half. These kids need to just run the same offense as the starters do or how else can Doc integrate them into games when it counts
    Posted by upperco1[/QUOTE]

Well said.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

The one guy really hustling in my mind is Hollins.  I like what he's doing.  No offense other than when he gets a dunk, but he sets picks and does well on the pick and roll defense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

AB will singlehandedly finish this game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I see the reason that Hollins does'nt get a lot of rebounds, he blocks his man out of the way and lets other teamates get it...nice dunkHollins!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

You know folks, with home court on the line.....in an away game.....with the "Big Four" all sitting....the Celts are hanging in there (I admit I'm not watching, just checking in...)  ...that said.....if this it the best the Hawks can muster in this situation....I like our chances in a playoff matchup...Boston has been the best team in the league (or close to it) since the all star break.....I was glad to get to see the game vs Orlando the other night...it was my first trip to Boston since they closed the "Gahden".....the ambiance and enthusiasm was tremendous....and the explosion of 18,000 fans bursting into cheers for each Celtic basket was reminiscent of the Bird days.....I shared court side seats for a few games each year during the original "Big Three" era....that was something to behold...!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I'm not sure I hate a player on this team more than Daniels.  Truly a bonehead player.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

He can't shoot, he takes dumb shots, he demands the ball in post ups rather than moving without the ball (clogging up the offense).......Daniels is the worst player on this team.  Please please tell me he will NOT be on the playoff roster!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not sure I hate a player on this team more than Daniels.  Truly a bonehead player.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

You're right on the money about Hollins. As for Daniels.........He just looks so lost out there

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I thin Doc was telling his coaches, if that was Rondo making the pass to Hollins, thats an easy dunk!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Bass needs Rondo for the easy shots.  

Game is close almost midway through the fourth....

Sections
Shortcuts