Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks

+1, like it or not Green has to be the 4th best player on this team for us to have any chance to compete in the east.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

btw, Jason Terry has been playing very well the last handful of games. Idk how this continued hate is warranted.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to srinivasa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

+1, like it or not Green has to be the 4th best player on this team for us to have any chance to compete in the east.

[/QUOTE]

If we get a big man they will be the fourth best player on the team.  Green needs to show us now or the season will be over.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I have been pulling for Green every game.  I think he is a beautiful player but Doc does not even have on the first two people off the bench.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I am talking to myself the Celtics need to win a game like  this to move forward..  I am hoping.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Getting rid of Bass, Lee, and Green is a tweak.

[/QUOTE]

nope, thats an overhaul. Jeff Green is a big part of our plans, and we need him to produce for us to have a chance.

[/QUOTE]

KG is headed to an early exit this season if he does not get help.  The guy will leave with an injury or flat out fatigue.  Green needs to step up and win a game or he is not in our plans the next two or three years because we will be irrelevant.  Step up GReen and play!

[/QUOTE]

oh i completely agree.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

nope, thats an overhaul. Jeff Green is a big part of our plans, and we need him to produce for us to have a chance.

[/QUOTE]

It's not an overhaul.

Jeff Green will only be part of the plan if he's producing. It's game 33 for Jeff Green and he still hasn't showed us that he can be a good player.

[/QUOTE]

how many games did it take Avery Bradley? Matter of fact, who outside of ME was calling for us to keep and give Avery Bradley a chance last year??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

Hope Danny had some performance stipulations in Green's contract.  You would think he would learn something after the JON fleecing!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

If the Hawks keep hitting shots at this pace, the Celtic's won't have a chance to get any transition offense going. That is what sparked them last night.  Lets see how this second half pans out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Getting rid of Bass, Lee, and Green is a tweak.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

KG is headed to an early exit this season if he does not get help.  The guy will leave with an injury or flat out fatigue.  Green needs to step up and win a game or he is not in our plans the next two or three years because we will be irrelevant.  Step up GReen and play!

[/QUOTE]

oh i completely agree.

[/QUOTE]

I hope the turnaround game is tonight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

[QUOTE]

btw, Jason Terry has been playing very well the last handful of games. Idk how this continued hate is warranted.

[/QUOTE]

Williams and Teague are killing us but that isn't just on Terry. Ray was blasted for his suspect D but it was better than Terry has showed so far. I think Terry got his moment of glory in the 2011 play-offs. Lee is already more valuable than Terry and has more upside as he gets more  comfortable. Same for Green, these guys need trust, consistent minutes and a defined role. Bass and Terry are the odd men out, hampering Green, Sully and Lee's development.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

beginning of last year, 99.9% of this board included Avery Bradley in virtually EVERY SINGLE trade package proposed on here. Of course, today thats not the case. Point being, we know what JG is CAPABLE of, and i want to give him a real REAL chance to succeed. Not 33 games and its "oop, not good enough, trade."

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Williams and Teague are killing us but that isn't just on Terry. Ray was blasted for his suspect D but it was better than Terry has showed so far. I think Terry got his moment of glory in the 2011 play-offs. Lee is already more valuable than Terry and has more upside as he gets more  comfortable. Same for Green, these guys need trust, consistent minutes and a defined role. Bass and Terry are the odd men out, hampering Green, Sully and Lee's development.

[/QUOTE]

"moment of glory?" have you even followed Jason Terry thru his career? Do you know what he has accomplished in his career?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

how many games did it take Avery Bradley? Matter of fact, who outside of ME was calling for us to keep and give Avery Bradley a chance last year??

[/QUOTE]

Only took Bradley 1 season.

Jeff Green is a 6-year vet who has regressed when he came to the Celtics.

It's not that Jeff Green is a bad player, it's just not a good fit.

[/QUOTE]

Avery- 1 season.

JG - 59 games with the C's. That wasnt even a full season LAST year. Im not sold that he cant be  big for us.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

So u want to keep him because of who he once was? Terry and the Celtics aren't a good match. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"moment of glory?" have you even followed Jason Terry thru his career? Do you know what he has accomplished in his career?

[/QUOTE]

I am with you here Terry has been a giant killer his whole career.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

I have been a firm believer from day one on Bradley and Jason Terry is not an above average defender.  The only thing above average about Jason Terry's D is the opponents shooting percentage that he is guarding.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Only took Bradley 1 season.

Jeff Green is a 6-year vet who has regressed when he came to the Celtics.

It's not that Jeff Green is a bad player, it's just not a good fit.

[/QUOTE]

Avery- 1 season.

JG - 59 games with the C's. That wasnt even a full season LAST year. Im not sold that he cant be  big for us.

[/QUOTE]

Nobody is saying Green can't click but if  we do not get someone good to play upfront with and for KG the season is over. Think about it.  It is down to that. YOuwant to wait a month we can but this team is going nowhere even if Green catches fire.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

you guys DO know this game isnt over right?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have been a firm believer from day one on Bradley and Jason Terry is not an above average defender.  The only thing above average about Jason Terry's D is the opponents shooting percentage that he is guarding.

[/QUOTE]

sarcasm.