Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks
posted at 1/6/2013 9:59 AM EST
Here is our first quarter defense, play by play. I watched this again this morning. The was as ugly defense as we can play. While Rondo was instrumental in us getting the win, triple double etc, he was also the main reason we were so far behind to begin with. Our best player has to show more effort than I saw during this quarter. This is not what a leader does. Rondo was assigned to Williams. Williams scored a career high for a quarter and nearly outscored our entire team. RR also had at least two turnovers to go with it.
Rondo can be as good as he wants to be. The second half his "stats" were good. His defense was better but still could improve more. You may think I am picking on RR here. The point being is he is our "best" player. Our best player cannot be the main reason we are looking at being 20 pts down in the second quarter.
Bradley and Rondo are the guys that can kickstart us. We have to have the 2nd half Rondo for 4 quarters, not 2. Bradley is still coming around.
Here you go.
1-Teague drive by Bradley for layup
2.Williams shoots 3pter Rondo - does not even raise hand to contest.
3. Williams is going in for layup on semi fast break-Rondo doesn't even try to stop it, stays with Teague on the outside.
4. Williams 3pter- Rondo very slow to react but does raise his hand during this shot.
5. Horfords gets layup on half court set.
6. Williams 3 pter. Rondo gets hung up on screen. (11 pts)
7. Williams layup off inbounds play- Rondo turned head (13 pts)
8. Korver 3 pter- Pierce sags off to cover Josh Smith under basket-Bass was slow rotating.
9. Williams gets fouled on drive off Rondo TO (2nd) Williams career high pts quarter(14)
10. Williams jumper at free throw line- Green covering (16 pts)
11. Smith jumper for 2 pts..Sully covering.
12. Smith 2 free throws- foul Collins
13. Teague- layup on Lee- Terry stays on his man on the perimeter instead of contesting layup.
14. Teauge- layup at end of quarter of made basket by KG. No one stopped him
First Quarter Williams 16 pts - Celtics 18 pts. (6 layups)