Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks

Can we please trade Rondo now?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Pa-Pow's comment:

Danny and Doc should be fired on the SPOT!  This is a disgrace giving up a 20 pt. lead at the half way mark!

Worse... they were outscored by 39 points since holding the 27 point lead

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

Its Getting Harder To Watch The C,s,

This game was torture.  I do think the effort of some was impressive.  Pierce has not shown up and by relying on him so much you are going to lose.  He needs to not be the focus of the offense unless he is shooting well.  His looks will improve he is not constant focus of every play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I just don't get why Doc didnt stick with the unit that built the 27 point lead.  Obviously KG and PP was going to have tired legs on a back to back.  If the young guns came out blazing then he should have stuck with them.  I stepped out before the start of the 3rd, but Doc needed to probably call TO before it got out of hand and made some changes....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

KG was 11 for 18 with 24 points and 11 rebounds.   Why folks blame these losses on KG is beyong me.   The single biggest problem on the Celtis on BOTH ends of the floor is BY FAR Mr. Pierce.

Couldnt agree more!! His ship has sailed but he and Doc will never admit it....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Would like to see the pain of the last  2 defeats will make the C's play that much better against Miami, but I don't see it.

Does anyone?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

In response to red2004sox's comment:

Pierce has looked terrible for about two weeks

True... 

Try 4 weeks

Most of the season.  He was spotty early in the season, as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:

Its Getting Harder To Watch The C,s,

Yup, and this crapfest is going to keep limping along until Ainge, Doc and the team are blown up.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

IF Danny doesnt cut DOc loose...then he should go too

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

The team is bad, Danny or Doc can't do much about it now, at least not in the short run.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

Would like to see the pain of the last  2 defeats will make the C's play that much better against Miami, but I don't see it.

Does anyone?

I think Miami blows them out.  The issue will be that Doc is too stubborn to abandon Pierce and Pierce is incapable of not trying his iso.  Lebron will kill him.  Green has the ONLY chance of at least making Lebron take tough shots.  Against Pierce, Lebron will have at least 10 dunks and get fouled all night.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

KG was 11 for 18 with 24 points and 11 rebounds.   Why folks blame these losses on KG is beyong me.   The single biggest problem on the Celtis on BOTH ends of the floor is BY FAR Mr. Pierce.

You do realize that if KG only made that point blank shot with under a minute to go this game would not have gone to OT, right?

If Rondo hadn't thrown 2 passes away.  If KG hadn't made the clutch tip in, we would have lost.  If KG hadn't made that short jumper we would have lost in the first OT.  If Pierce had done ANYTHING right on just one possession, we would have won in regulaion.  If, if, if, if.

the only CONSISTENT problem tonight was Paul Pierce.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

There will not be a big trade.  They will maybe make a minor move to make it look like they haven't scrapped it but they have.  I think they may be banking on a Sully, Melo, Bradley and Rondo future. They will hopefully get another big man in the draft.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

7 in a row coming up. All of a sudden the Lakers don't look so bad.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Pierce has slid off the proverbial cliff and KG is just about right there.  That is just reality.  There is a good chance they both will retire after this year especially Pierce who has incentive to retire in Green.  Why would they want to come for more of this or worse next year?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

You do realize that if KG only made that point blank shot with under a minute to go this game would not have gone to OT, right?

If Rondo hadn't thrown 2 passes away.  If KG hadn't made the clutch tip in, we would have lost.  If KG hadn't made that short jumper we would have lost in the first OT.  If Pierce had done ANYTHING right on just one possession, we would have won in regulaion.  If, if, if, if.

the only CONSISTENT problem tonight was Paul Pierce.

If Rondo didnt brick a 5 footer at end of regulation, we wouldnt have lost...  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to lakersavenger's comment:

I usually don't reply to FAKER trolls....but we are still in the playoffs, if it ended today!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Pierce has slid off the proverbial cliff and KG is just about right there.  That is just reality.  There is a good chance they both will retire after this year especially Pierce who has incentive to retire in Green.  Why would they want to come for more of this or worse next year?

The big difference in PP and KG is that Pierce is supposed to be the go to scorer and if he isnt that then he provides nothing to this team.... KG at least can rebound and play D

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to lakersavenger's comment:

Sure they do-  Go Clips!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

On the bright side, the Cs put up a fight the last 2-games! Yes they came up short, but at least they played with some passion.

Defensively, AB appears to be getting healthier, and JG appears to be playing better D as of late.

On offense, the Cs appear to have a decision to make (PP versus JG)? They also need to find a closer (shoudl be JT)!

Looking at the coaching staff, I wish Doc would go out and find a legitimate assistant coach. Remember when Thibbs was in Boston? He was up on the side line during game action, and in players faces during TOs! That is not the case now! Find a passionate, knowledgeable, assistance coach!

On the topic of trades, DA needs to find a replacement for Bass and possibly another shooter (JJ Redick would be nice)!

Go Celtics!!