In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to celtic213's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

I really do blame this loss on Doc for many reasons the most blatant of which is not keeping in the guys who were playing well in Green, Lee and Terry... Terry finally looks like he had a good stroke and what happens? Doc finally puts him back in the 2nd overtime when all was lost... Green the same thing... I really think Doc has no clue what to do and the players know it which is why they have no confidence...

Green was in the game in the 4th qtr. He replaced Sully. But Green tried to SMASH the board with the ball when he faked a 3 and took 2 dribbles to SMASH the board with the ball. Doc yanked him after that.

Yeah but how many minutes? As to that issue, if I were Doc Id be pulling PP for being useless before Id do that to Green for a stupid little thing

How many times in the past have we seen Ray stink the whole game and suddenly he hits the game winning shot in the end. 

Come on, man, in the clutch, Pierce is light years ahead of Green.

Waslight years ahead of Green in the clutch. Clearly not this year, and youll never know how good Jeff Green is in the clutch if hes on the bench, but what we do know is Pierce is not getting it done anymore.

I'm referring to when Jeff Green was with OKC when it comes to Jeff Green in the clutch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcGVTg3oJw8

Come on, man, that's a 20-foot bank shot. That was a lucky shot. 

How many more videos of Jeff Green hitting a game winning shot do you have?

None. Hes got one in college but all im trying to say is Pierce is clearly the better clutch peformer if you look at his legacy but if you look at recent history hes not I love Pierce and everything hes done but its time for him to step aside and lets see if someone else can do it. Im not saying Jeff can im just saying he cant do any worse.

After tonight's game, I think Doc will consider what you're saying. 

Doc is loyal to a fault. 

But that's not a really a big issue. Doc could do no wrong in 2008 and 2009 when KG, Pierce, and Ray were still playing at a very high level. The solution is to give Doc new stars to coach.

I agree. Doc isnt going anywhere. I know you want that OKC deal, but do you see any big names "new stars" the celtics could get in a trade involving Pierce?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Hawks

I really do blame this loss on Doc for many reasons the most blatant of which is not keeping in the guys who were playing well in Green, Lee and Terry... Terry finally looks like he had a good stroke and what happens? Doc finally puts him back in the 2nd overtime when all was lost... Green the same thing... I really think Doc has no clue what to do and the players know it which is why they have no confidence...

Green was in the game in the 4th qtr. He replaced Sully. But Green tried to SMASH the board with the ball when he faked a 3 and took 2 dribbles to SMASH the board with the ball. Doc yanked him after that.

Yeah but how many minutes? As to that issue, if I were Doc Id be pulling PP for being useless before Id do that to Green for a stupid little thing

How many times in the past have we seen Ray stink the whole game and suddenly he hits the game winning shot in the end. 

Waslight years ahead of Green in the clutch. Clearly not this year, and youll never know how good Jeff Green is in the clutch if hes on the bench, but what we do know is Pierce is not getting it done anymore.

I'm referring to when Jeff Green was with OKC when it comes to Jeff Green in the clutch.

None. Hes got one in college but all im trying to say is Pierce is clearly the better clutch peformer if you look at his legacy but if you look at recent history hes not I love Pierce and everything hes done but its time for him to step aside and lets see if someone else can do it. Im not saying Jeff can im just saying he cant do any worse.

Doc is loyal to a fault. 

But that's not a really a big issue. Doc could do no wrong in 2008 and 2009 when KG, Pierce, and Ray were still playing at a very high level. The solution is to give Doc new stars to coach.

I agree. Doc isnt going anywhere. I know you want that OKC deal, but do you see any big names "new stars" the celtics could get in a trade involving Pierce?

Maybe Rudy Gay but the Celtics would have to add more pieces other than Pierce.

someone like Gay would be perfect somebody that doesnt demand the ball so much that the offense becomes slow and stagnant and we would also become a very fast team because every really on this team can run other than Pierce, but for some reason we decide to play slow to cattier to Pierce's needs.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

No Celtics on TV in PHX tonight , what did I miss ?

98 -98 OT and they lose by 11 in double OT ?

they had how big of a lead ?

If Ainge traded everyone except Avery, Sullinger and Fab Melo , would anyone complain ?

If this team even makes the playoffs it will be as #7 or #8 seed and they will probably get swept , they should trade the whole roster except the rookies and Avery Bradley

Now can someone tell me how to ad a pic ? I used to post the best photos on this board , this has been since the forum change in format

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Doc is loyal to a fault. 

Maybe Rudy Gay but the Celtics would have to add more pieces other than Pierce.

someone like Gay would be perfect somebody that doesnt demand the ball so much that the offense becomes slow and stagnant and we would also become a very fast team because every really on this team can run other than Pierce, but for some reason we decide to play slow to cattier to Pierce's needs.

You can't blame the Celtics for that. They won a championship with Pierce carrying the team on offense. 

It's just a case of the Celtic stars got old.

Yes, the did get old, and a new star is born. Rajon Rondo. Play around him and his strengths, dont slow the game down, dont give it to Pierce 1 on 5. This should be Rondos team and its not its whatever Pierce wants to do whenever he wants to do it and it will always will be as long as he is on the team

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I thought the Celtics were viable Championship contenders the last two seasons

I liked that they almost went to the finals 2 years straight (remember Rondo's blown point blank layup that would have swung the series against Miami in 2011 ? , then last season lasting 6 and 3/4 games against Miami

Would not have done the rebuild after 2010 , liked that they kept KG and PP

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

The Celtics are the WORST team in the eastern conference and maybe in the entire LEAGUE!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I really don't think Pa-Pow is a Celtics fan................

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

The truth has become the lie. -30 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pa-Pow. Show Pa-Pow's posts

True fans want this team to get better, but west coast loser fans want to create trouble!

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Pa-Pow's comment:

True fans want this team to get better, but west coast loser fans want to create trouble!

That is not a denial..............so take your 45 posts of crap and kiss off!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to docomospur's comment:

He can choose to retire, Fierce.  If nothing is done about this team, I wouldn't blame him for calling it a day.

He could do that, but like I said, that's being selfish.

and signing for 11 mil per guaranteed is not selfish?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

BINGO!!!  time and again, year in and year out- if you are a player struggling and start to find your mark, doc will ICE YOU OUT on the bench.  these players have to stay WARM both physically and mentally.  with green and terry FINALLY having good shooting nights, just LEAVE 'EM IN- instead we have pierce running for FORTY HORRID MINUTES of play and green at around half that.

this is stupid coaching

this is doc rivers.

i hate this game (the one the celtics are playing right now, which is being subverted by rivers at every positive uptick in the peripheral players' play.)

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

The perfect time to rebuild was after the Celtics lost in the Finals in 2010.

At that time, Ray's contract expired and Pierce opted out.

But the Celtic owners were still getting a lot of money from that Big 3. So as long as the fans would come to see the Big 3 play, the owners had no choice but to keep them together as long as possible.

and then enter the STUPID personnel moves- like NOT coaching rondo into being a complete player, ditching glen davis like he was a disease for bozo bass, tossing out nate robinson like he was a used kleenex, we get semi then we lose him, same thing with kristic, same thing with darko, same thing with steamer.............

you get the idea.  it's POSSIBLE to win with "old" as your core but you have to do everything just right.  doc ain't the coach for it and ainge has not been the GM bringing in the OLD pieces at the right prices and much of anything else that was the right piece or the right price.

you'd never have thought that bass would end up a white elephant on the roster at 6M per year- he's virtually untradeable right now and don't say he's mark blount / calvin booth sandbagging.  bass was a servicable player through multiple contract raises and several years in the league.  it's the way doc has neutered his game. 

the list goes on and on.  maybe if ainge did not have doc short circuiting the surrounding talent that's been brought in we'd be doing a lot better, but go ahead nad trade for someone else.  i'd love to get mozgov, but would doc even play him?!  you'd think you wouldn't HAVE to ask that question, but with doc, you do

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

acie

What happens if Doc is still coach until 2015, will you complain everyday until 2015?

He has a point though, regarding Doc.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I read that Parish needs a job....

Sections
Shortcuts