Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011

All right, here we go!

If we win this we virtually lock up the #2 seed and hold open the possibility of resting our starters for that game against the Knicks...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011

Yes.  Must.  Win.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

In Response to Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011:
    [QUOTE]All right, here we go! If we win this we virtually lock up the #2 seed and hold open the possibility of resting our starters for that game against the Knicks...
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

Ms Lith, I enjoy your posts. Rest may not be in the cards for the Celtics if they beat Miami. If they win them all they will have home court against the Lakers. A Shaq v Kobe showdown is still very much a reality these days. Game 7 in Boston can make the difference between #18 and a frustrating season!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Key to tomorrows game is working the pick and roll with rondo and pierce, to force mike bibby to guard one of the two players. Something we've run alot against atlanta when bibby was there. He's maybe the worst defensive point guard in the league. Also, will wade continue to flounder against us?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011 : Ms Lith, I enjoy your posts. Rest may not be in the cards for the Celtics if they beat Miami. If they win them all they will have home court against the Lakers. A Shaq v Kobe showdown is still very much a reality these days. Game 7 in Boston can make the difference between #18 and a frustrating season!!!!
    Posted by CeltsSox[/QUOTE]

That's RIGHT!  I was so focused on the Eastern Conference situation that I forgot all about that!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsSox. Show CeltsSox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011 : That's RIGHT!  I was so focused on the Eastern Conference situation that I forgot all about that!!
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

I think most fans have been focused on the seed in the East where they forgot that they can still win home court over the Lakers. We know that Cetics match up well with San Antonio even if SA has home court advantage. However, home court against the Lakers is probably far more important.  Hopefully, Doc can manage the minutes properly without burning out the starters.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Easily it's Bostons most important game of the regular season. Said it yesterday but they really shouldn't give Miami a sniff when it comes to playing against them. It's 3-0. If the Heat win this game it'll give them some confidence if they meet Boston again if the play offs.

And that's the last thing Boston would want to do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

At this point, I am honestly expecting the Celtics to lose at Miami and at Washington on Monday.  We have just not played that well and I think Doc is going to do a "not too obvious" resting of the starters.

There is so much at stake for Miami that I think they are going to come out fast and we are not going to be able to match their intensity.  And I don't see JON playing in the Monday game at Washington.  Did you see what the Wizards did to Atlanta tonight?  With only one true center, Krstic, playing against Washington, I just don't see us having the legs after what will be an intense game tomorrow at Miami.

I've noticed that lately when we get punched, we oftentimes just throw in the towel and don't fight as much through it.  We just don't seem interested in sustaining our fight throughout a full 48 minutes and that's what it's going to take for the remainder of the season.

Don't get me wrong, I hope the Celtics close out Miami, Washington and NY by an average of 20 points but I am being realistic.  I want Celtics wins but I'm beginning to believe this season is over and our seed is irrelevant.  Let's get into the playoffs and let the chips fall where they may.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

We have the advantage of being in miami's heads, and they've admitted as much. The games in which we have struggled featured either legit big men or elite point guards. Miami lacks both of those. If the good celts show up, this one is ours.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

If the Celtics come in third would that mean they play Chicago in the 2nd round?
    Really the motivation they need should be to get 2nd and avoid that scenario.

Better to play them in the conference finals than round two.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I expect a tough game. Both teams have alot at stake. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]At this point, I am honestly expecting the Celtics to lose at Miami and at Washington on Monday.  We have just not played that well and I think Doc is going to do a "not too obvious" resting of the starters. There is so much at stake for Miami that I think they are going to come out fast and we are not going to be able to match their intensity.  And I don't see JON playing in the Monday game at Washington.  Did you see what the Wizards did to Atlanta tonight?  With only one true center, Krstic, playing against Washington, I just don't see us having the legs after what will be an intense game tomorrow at Miami. I've noticed that lately when we get punched, we oftentimes just throw in the towel and don't fight as much through it.  We just don't seem interested in sustaining our fight throughout a full 48 minutes and that's what it's going to take for the remainder of the season. Don't get me wrong, I hope the Celtics close out Miami, Washington and NY by an average of 20 points but I am being realistic.  I want Celtics wins but I'm beginning to believe this season is over and our seed is irrelevant.  Let's get into the playoffs and let the chips fall where they may.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

I'm afraid you're going to be right!!  I've seen nothing lately that would make me think any different than what you just said!!  Lets hope we're both wrong!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

The Chicago game demonstrated the team rest is the priority from here to the play-offs.

Lets hope that the Celtics have enough pride to show up and make it a game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueprint555. Show blueprint555's posts

A MUST WIN

Lets go C's

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Paul and Rondo payed 40 minutes in the last win against the Wizards. If that's resting over getting the win, my name is Ernie Boch!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]Paul and Rondo payed 40 minutes in the last win against the Wizards. If that's resting over getting the win, my name is Ernie Boch!
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

I saw that in the box score. Big minutes to log against a team like the Wizards.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

The Hawks are a very weird team. The Wizards have some good players but there's no way the Hawks should have lost that heavily to them. Although the Hawks seem to have lost their confidence at the moment.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011 :  I'm afraid you're going to be right!!  I've seen nothing lately that would make me think any different than what you just said!!  Lets hope we're both wrong!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

I agree with both of you.  It would be great to see the Celtics win all of their remaining games for the season, but is also highly unlikely.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

We all want the Celtics to play well and win the rest of their games and secure the best seed possible.

Most of all, though, we all want banner 18.

To get banner 18, the Celtics need to be rested and healthy. Last year, they finished the regular season by losing 7 of their last 10 games and were widely regarded as playoff fodder. By the way, the Lakers lost 6 of their last 10 regular season games last year.

So, finishing the regular season strong is important for seeding, but not imperative to get to the finals.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

What will constitute sufficient rest for the Celtics?  And for who?  Are 2 games, Washington and NY, sufficient rest for PP, Ray, KG, Rondo, and Baby?

I anticipate JON getting the Washington game off since it's a back-to-back but should he get the NY game off too?

If Doc truly is going with rest, I think it's going to be a challenge to win ONE of our remaining THREE games.  Our best chance is the finale against NY since I have to believe they will rest Amare, Melo and Chauncey too.

It pains me to say it but this is why I got so annoyed with posters in March who claimed that the "games in March and April don't mean anything" to minimize losing to the likes of the Clips, Nets, Sixers, Grizzlies and Bobcats.  Those games mean so much -- that's why we're staring 3rd seed in the face because we failed to take care of business like we should have then.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Well, which Celtics will show up today?

Sections
Shortcuts