Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011

Defense wins championships, plain and simple. Defense and effort wins championships.

When we shipped out Tony Allen and Kendrick Perkins we should have seen this coming. This is no longer a tough team that can grind out games and give the extra effort needed. This is the type of team us as Boston fans have learned to hate. A superficial team that has no soul or passion.

Barring an unbelievable miracle, this team will not be winning a championship - I don't care if Shaq comes back or not. Fact of the matter is that when T.A. and Perk left, so did our championship hopes and this teams soul and passion.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

I hate to say it but this team does not look like they are going far in the playoffs. How many of those lazy stupid passes are they going to make. Rebounds, 9 for the half. Rondo is playing like crap. Offense is a struggle to get a basket. That scuffle under the basket with James and Oneal has convinced me that trading Perkins was a big mistake. I was all for the trade but I now am not.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011 : We need some height.  KG can contain Bosh and Krstic can guard their forward.  This should be a nobrainer. BBD is not doing anything out there but jacking up shots!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

And someone with more height could have drawn Bosh deeper into foul trouble after those two quick ones...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011 : You think so?  I trust your judgment.  I'm just watching the scores now.  Too painful to have the TV on with Van Gundy.  As long as they have the fight, I can live with it.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]
    Effort is not the problem. Careless plays are. And Rondo is MIA.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

A note about this +/- nonsense.

So Rondo can leave the game say at +3... West comes in and in a 45 second period Lebron pumps in 2 straight 3 pointers... Now West has a -6..

So youre trying to tell me that Rondo was playing better than West cause hes a +3 and West is -6??? Gimmie a break

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Is D Rose playing for the Heat??? Thought it may have been a last minute trade and thats why Rondo is fumbling around out there

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

So everyone agrees that we play our @sses off to win this game... and if we lose this game do we just rest everyone vs Wiz/Knicks? Go into the playoffs on a possible 4 game losing streak but hopefully healthy? We'd likely have to play NY.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Yeah, I'm hearing a lot about those careless plays.  Hope Doc's giving one of his classic halftime speeches - like the one last month in NY - right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]So everyone agrees that we play our @sses off to win this game... and if we lose this game do we just rest everyone vs Wiz/Knicks? Go into the playoffs on a possible 4 game losing streak but hopefully healthy? We'd likely have to play NY.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

No, we still can win #2 with any Miami loss... if we lose today

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from paesan59. Show paesan59's posts

Correction on my previous post. Rebounds 24-10. That is pathetic and embarassing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

Being sloppy with the ball will kill us.  Miami has come up with steals in transition but cannot stop our half court offense.  If we can manage to get across half-court and run a play, we'll be successful. 

We are also held back by the inconsistent play of Davis.  He makes some good moves in the low-post and takes terrible shots from outside.  I can live with a Paul Pierce shot clock violation because it happens rarely but Davis makes a habit of taking an off-balance outside shot. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, I'm hearing a lot about those careless plays.  Hope Doc's giving one of his classic halftime speeches - like the one last month in NY - right now.
    The rebounding is not helping either. 24-10 heat advantage, ouch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011 : We need some height.  KG can contain Bosh and Krstic can guard their forward.  This should be a nobrainer. BBD is not doing anything out there but jacking up shots!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

i get ur point man but i watch krstic on the defensive end...he's slow and he just looks lost, he's not tough, baby at least is tough...I don't think there is a good solution, you know who i'd like to see out there?  Perk

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xamo18. Show xamo18's posts

Ray allen never gets involved lately...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

[QUOTE]Ray allen never gets involved lately...
    Posted by xamo18[/QUOTE]

This is funny - and i'm not picking on you - but earlier someone was calling for Ray to be less involved...

Sometimes they forget that Ray still plays for us.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]A note about this +/- nonsense. So Rondo can leave the game say at +3... West comes in and in a 45 second period Lebron pumps in 2 straight 3 pointers... Now West has a -6.. So youre trying to tell me that Rondo was playing better than West cause hes a +3 and West is -6??? Gimmie a break
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Except it wasn't lebron James it was MARIO CHALMBERS! That who is owend delonte west. You act like west is lighting it up. He's not. He didn't score. And he played 10 minutes straight. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

story of the game 9 rebounds for Celtics, Rondo, JO, Kristic playing like crap.  NO OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS I HEARD.  Celtics look lost and i think Doc is giving up,  He even saiid in an interview lately he doesn' t know what he expects from this team anymore,  I think he lost confidence in the Celtics.  DA looks bad right now with Murph , sasha and arroyo pick ups

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from xamo18. Show xamo18's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011 : This is funny - and i'm not picking on you - but earlier someone was calling for Ray to be less involved... Sometimes they forget that Ray still plays for us.
    Posted by dino1980[/QUOTE]
    He isn't averaging 17ppg anymore lately.We need  him badly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

On a day when you expect us to have an enormous advantage at point guard we get nothing from Rondo.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Hey Guys the Heat bench scored 19 points. Our bench scored 8 points. Don't worry though we are not losing. +- doesn't matter. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

[QUOTE]Being sloppy with the ball will kill us.  Miami has come up with steals in transition but cannot stop our half court offense.  If we can manage to get across half-court and run a play, we'll be successful.  We are also held back by the inconsistent play of Davis.  He makes some good moves in the low-post and takes terrible shots from outside.  I can live with a Paul Pierce shot clock violation because it happens rarely but Davis makes a habit of taking an off-balance outside shot. 
    Posted by dino1980[/QUOTE]

I agree with you dude.  That is because BBD thinks he is KG or a shooting guard now.  I wont mind trading him for Tolliver if possible

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]On a day when you expect us to have an enormous advantage at point guard we get nothing from Rondo.  
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Exactly - I don't understand that!  Someone should tell him he just got pummeled by Derrick Rose so he makes his "statement" like on Friday.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011 : You think so?  I trust your judgment.  I'm just watching the scores now.  Too painful to have the TV on with Van Gundy.  As long as they have the fight, I can live with it.
    They look more alive than they did against Chicago. Boston just needs to play smart like they did when the game started. I remember reading from Bill Russell's book Russell Rules how you should know not only what you are doing wrong but what you are doing right. So what did Boston do right? When they moved the ball and attacked Miami's interior the C's had a lot of success except when an undersized BB is in there. JON looked pretty good out there. In fact, he was Boston's best 5 out there. Krstic can't play defense but at least he blocks out for rebounds. So what has Boston done wrong? poor passing by PP and Rondo, no rebounding, taking ill-advised jump shots. All these things that they are doing wrong can be corrected pretty easily.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

our offense looks predictable and boringgg zzzzzzzzzzzz

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Guys the Heat bench scored 19 points. Our bench scored 8 points. Don't worry though we are not losing. +- doesn't matter. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

yeah im sure glad we got jeff green to bolster that bench...

Sections
Shortcuts