Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011:
    In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011 : They look more alive than they did against Chicago. Boston just needs to play smart like they did when the game started. I remember reading from Bill Russell's book Russell Rules how you should know not only what you are doing wrong but what you are doing right. So what did Boston do right? When they moved the ball and attacked Miami's interior the C's had a lot of success except when an undersized BB is in there. JON looked pretty good out there. In fact, he was Boston's best 5 out there. Krstic can't play defense but at least he blocks out for rebounds. So what has Boston done wrong? poor passing by PP and Rondo, no rebounding, taking ill-advised jump shots. All these things that they are doing wrong can be corrected pretty easily.
    Posted by guyfromtex

That's an excellent assessment Tex.  Hopefully we correct them quickly as we just lost more ground.  Frown

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xamo18. Show xamo18's posts

Rondo isn't even penetrating.ONLY 1 assist!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rayallen1. Show rayallen1's posts

Miami is manhandling the Celts right now. Celts completely being bullied...this is sad. I remember when the Celts were the bullies.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

i dont know what to think anymore...i thought we would finally come to play...but i just dont know whats going on...we totally forgot the definition of defense

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I do too Ray.  Only KG is having something even close to a normal game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

That's the game. I've said before, I'll say it again. This team has lost its soul. No passion, no inner-drive. Because of this, the defense suffers, and when put in situations of adversity they can't overcome.

Kiss those championship hopes goodbye. It'll be another decade of futility.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

and yes teams are now punking us out, its sad

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

we may need to trade rondo and BBD i think.  They are very inconsistent and Big Zis lloking like an allstar

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xamo18. Show xamo18's posts

Danny ainge ruined this team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

big bad zydrunas ilgauskas a monster on the offensive board...this is sickening

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

RickFox - trading Rondo is dumb and Baby is probably going to walk after this season

xam018 - TRUE!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

One thing that I'd like to see (but won't happen) is to see KG at the 5 with Green at the 4 to give Boston better scoring.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

thank God big Z is out now  maybe we can catch up now

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

Danny ainge ruined this team.
    Posted by xamo18

goddamn right

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blair33. Show Blair33's posts

This is pathetic.  The team has no heart and it has nothing to do with Perkins being gone.  They forget about Ray Allen on offense and play ridiculous defense. They shouldn't even be in the situation today of needing to lock up the 2 seed.  If they hadn't tanked it in games that they should have won earlier this one wouldn't matter and the "tired" starters could be resting.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

We've turned into a team that us Boston fans have been taught to hate. A flaky, superficial team that has no passion or inner-drive.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Guys, I'd say all that for all our players except Garnett.  He is playing like the Kevin Garnett we know and love.  I don't understand why his teammates are so "off."  I wouldn't so quickly attribute it to lack of effort and passion - they're just OFF.  But usually when you have one player who's the emotional and spiritual leader playing his heart out like KG, everything else falls into place at some point.  It hasn't happened yet, and what's worse - everytime we show signs of life the Heat build on their lead.  The HEAT.  Superficial, glamour-glitzy HEAT.  The team we were UP for every time this year.  The team we all want to sweep the entire season series, playoffs included.  This just makes NO SENSE.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

This team is TOAST, and most of it is because we have a point guard who is comatose. Defending Rondo is easy: just stand back and let him shoot, but not penetrate, and if he beats you, foul him.
    He is the most over-rated PG in the league.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

I guess if we want to see someone actually competing we have to tune into the final round of the Masters!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xamo18. Show xamo18's posts

Allen only has 7 points.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Blair33. Show Blair33's posts

50 points scored with 5:50 to go in the 3rd.  That says it all.  Miami is not a great defensive team. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

This is pathetic.  The team has no heart and it has nothing to do with Perkins being gone.  They forget about Ray Allen on offense and play ridiculous defense. They shouldn't even be in the situation today of needing to lock up the 2 seed.  If they hadn't tanked it in games that they should have won earlier this one wouldn't matter and the "tired" starters could be resting.
    Posted by Blair33

it's got everything to do w perkins being gone...you cut the heart out of a team it effects everybody

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

take big baby out the fu*kin game, this is getting annoying...he does not need to shoot the damn ball all the time...put kristic in or any1 else that doesnt shoot right when they touch it.!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

who told davis he could shoot?...anything outside of eight feet?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

RickFox - trading Rondo is dumb and Baby is probably going to walk after this season xam018 - TRUE!!!
    Posted by dino1980

ok you maybe right but right now with 3/4 of the game played Rondo does not look like an elite guard,  oh man i just saw BBD give up a rebound for a potential 3 point play to bosh  that is not Celtic basketball at allllll. We need a taller and better rebounder than him who will play in the paint on offense

Sections
Shortcuts