Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xamo18. Show xamo18's posts

Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011

I wonder if we'll ever see the celtics play the way they did earlier in the season...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I will be the Verizon Center tomorrow in the Lexus Executive Suite #313 watching Boston vs Washington.  I will be surprised if ANY of the starters play.

I think Doc should put them all on the shelf for the rest of the season and let them think about this, their final performance of the season.

Nice run but too little too late.  These guys need to shut it down for the remainder of the year.

But I will be there tomorrow.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

The play of the game came on Wade's block of Allen's layup. I thought that Boston had a great chance of winning this game. That was the game changer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from toine83. Show toine83's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011 : If Danny Ainge actually traded away Perkins and doesn't retain Green, he better be looking at a new line of work. I hate the trade, but to give Perkins away and have nothing to show for it 1 year later would blow my mind!!!
    Posted by dino1980[/QUOTE]

maybe he is looking for somebody else...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

geee wasnt someone here calling for garnet at 5, green at 4?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011 : maybe he is looking for somebody else...
    Posted by toine83[/QUOTE]

Then maybe Danny should have traded for that someone else in the first place!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

At this point everyone not named Pierce or Garnett is looking like cr*p.  Something is deeply wrong with this team and I have to think they just no longer have the confidence.  They come out with this great lead and immediately start their turnover-fest.  Something's wrong.  This team feels defeated right now.  Not that it can't be fixed.  But there's no excuse to be losing to the HEAT by this much.  I don't care if it's in Miami and those guys have "more to prove."  Hey, the Heat was hyped up all year.  We were ignored by the same media until about 2 weeks before the Perk trade, and now WE are the ones that have more to prove.  I can't believe that a team with Pierce and Garnett as its nucleus is not up for this game.  I have to think they just don't think they can do it.  And to state the obvious, that has to change.  But the more they lose games like this, the more vicious the cycle becomes.  We just gave Miami a huge shot in the arm and most likely the #2 seed.  This hurts!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

they are showing signs of life, but it may be too little too late....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

See I was right Rondo goes for a sheety lay up try and misses , he should have stopped and all those guys would have run into him for a foul

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

i cant beleive how bad rondo can be...not even trying...its unbeleivable...how can anyone past junior high be that bad?...lol, he threw it up like he didnt even care, and then ran into the post...wow

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

look i've tried to make the perk point a million times, i can understand if you don't agree and respect that...i think the loss of chemistry, the loss of defense leading to offense, the loss of rebounding leading to offense, the loss of team character, the loss of swagger, the sudden uncertainty of having new players that need to learn the system on the fly rather than going with a core group that won a title, got to game 7 last year, etc etc

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I stand corrected. Boston would have lost anyway. There was a different discussion on this board about the personality of the team. The makeup of the team is different but Boston's style of play hasn't changed, neither have the minutes. Boston has a gaping hole in the middle on defense. If Shaq doesn't come back this season is over. Counting on an injury plagued 40 year old scares the heck out of me. This new Celtic team with all the new guys is one that plays out in the perimeter only the new guys are not getting time....ah forget it, this team has too many problems for me to type!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]geee wasnt someone here calling for garnet at 5, green at 4?
    Posted by elvis-surfs[/QUOTE]

Yes I was. I felt that Doc should have gone small on them. You can't go big because you don't have any. I felt that getting more shooters on the floor would give Boston a better chance. The way Miami played tonight, I don't think any one could have stopped them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

What is Paul Pierce doing?

Good pass KG.

This is embarrassing.

Doc should do a substitution "in mass" of everyone on the court -- sort of "throw the towel in".  He should send that message to HIS players.

We are done for the season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

28-12 bench difference. I got that wrong.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Meh. Soon we will hopefully see the return of playoff LeBron James and the Celtics or Bulls will advance to the finals.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]28-12 bench difference. I got that wrong.
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

Wow, to one of the WORST benches in basketball.  This $UCKS!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from elvis-surfs. Show elvis-surfs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Heat - April 11, 2011 : Yes I was. I felt that Doc should have gone small on them. You can't go big because you don't have any. I felt that getting more shooters on the floor would give Boston a better chance. The way Miami played tonight, I don't think any one could have stopped them.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

well, they were rolling for a bit with that lineup, then ray clanged another one...and and and...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]I wonder if we'll ever see the celtics play the way they did earlier in the season...
    Posted by xamo18[/QUOTE]

That is a really good question.  I miss it.  Cry

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Better hope Shaq will have a big impact... or this team is toast.

Sad, really

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

I'm sad and embarassed!  I'm giving up on this team and let me be clear...it doesn't mean I'm any less of a fan!   It just means that I see what's really there and what isn't there right now.  This team doesn't have what it takes to be a real contender. 

They got throttled by the Bulls and Miami!  They were better before the trade.  The bench is made up of buy-out signings.  Picking up someone else's trash is not a way to build a team. 

Its over this year and if I'm Doc, I'm leaving after this season because I no longer trust Danny Ainge. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

I can't believe how good Rondo n Ray were at the beginning of the season... thats crazy to me Rondo at one point was in talks with the top PGs in the game ... and Ray was a 3 point machine..... what the h ell happened

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

We played worse last year, got blown out by 30 near end of season...

I know many will point towards that and say...dont worry, we'll turn it on again...

Well, we have seen flashes of great play but thats about it... Every team has flashes of it. 

Even though we got blown out... our starters still put in big minutes once again.

General carelessness and sloppiness with the ball but I have to give the Heat some credit... they hustled and tried deflecting every pass..

Rondo was a disaster... trying some hot dog passes early, ridiculous attempts at layups and just about nothing else. Add Pierce to the list of careless with the ball...

Doc said it btw the 1st & 2nd quarter... we were doing well keeping it simple then a couple guys got it in their heads to make some homerun passes and fancy lane passes that didnt connect... and the snowball built momentum.

I can get all over BBD today... sorry... how many times was the shot clock winding down when they tossed him the ball in the post... He looked to pass but nobody was there, he was forced to go 1on1 ... at least the guy busted his tail hustling...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

No, Dino, you're definitely no less of a fan.  It's just too painful to watch.  I had to turn the TV off and just follow the scores myself.  I may even pull back for the rest of the season.  There's only so much we can say to keep hope going for this year.

And it's a dammm shame becase these guys really came into this season the best in basketball and as men with a mission.  The fact that it's wound up here is thoroughly heartbreaking.  I've been a Celtics fan since I was 10, and last year when they made that gutsy, miraculous playoff run I was right back to that place, watching every minute of every game as if I were still that young.  They stole my heat last year, proving everyone wrong about them.  And then they picked up right where they left off this year.  Proving all those know-it-all pundits wrong about them, all those people who were hyping up the Heat and the Lakers.  Proving they weren't done YET.  They weren't too old YET.  Giving hope to people in terms beyond basketball that life doens't end at 30, that you are more than what people say you are.  That heart, work ethic and determination can be EVERYTHING.  I guess that's why I've been more emotionally invested this past year than even the previous 2 decades.  Even '08. There is something about not wanting the world to write you off that kept these guys going last year and for much of this year.

I'm not going to get on Ainge's case about the trades because even he was under duress with the injuries.  As I've said, it's not any one person's fault.  The only people on that team who I feel good about right now are Pierce and Garnett.  And it's a shame to see their season unravel like this.

Sections
Shortcuts