1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Kings

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He has no mid range or  inside game...

[/QUOTE]

Green he has no in-between game. It's either he goes up for a dunk or lay-up or he shoots from the outside. He has no pull up jumper like Pierce or Terry.

You're not going to score a lot in the NBA without that pull up jumper.

[/QUOTE]

At least if he would pump fake a few shots, he would go to the line...but guess thinks can just jump over people..not in this league..

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

We can take care of the rebounding with a good big, and AB will take care of some of those easy penetrations by the guards...

[/QUOTE]

True. I still believe this Celts team is just one big man away from being elite.

Everything changes when you can secure the defensive rebound and when get easy shots inside the paint.

Right now Bass, Lee, and Green are not getting it done.

[/QUOTE]

and a guard that will stop those easy penetrations..that little Sacto guard went straight to the hoop on several situations..that is inexcusible ..man...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have to say I'm somewhat engrossed in the Cowboys vs Redskins game but I really hope we can rally and come out of this west coast trip with one win.

I doubt it but Let's Go Celtics...

[/QUOTE]

I stuck with the 'Skins-Cowboys game. Changed over at 1/2 time and  saw what was happening at Sacto... and then never looked back. Didn't miss a thing.

Major changes ahead for the Cs. Long overdue. Sadness.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I have to disagree for monetary reasons.  Cousins only makes 3.8 mill.  Their highest paid player is Salmons, at 8.....I just don't see, given that parameter, what "better" deals can be out there.

[/QUOTE]

Right now the Wiz have the biggest chance of landing the #1 pick in the 2013 Draft. But the Kings won't even talk trade with them.

Can't get a better deal than a potential #1 overall pick. 

[/QUOTE]

Do we know that's what they offered?  Because I heard the Kings would be looking for "vet" players, and the Wiz don't have any of those, except Okafor and Ariza, who make too much money.  Also, we can take a contract like Evans or Salmons - they won't since they have Wall and Beal ( and Crawford).

[/QUOTE]

The Wiz are not going to offer a Lotto pick for a possible troubled big, when they could get a good one in the draft..and the kings are one or two players away from making the playoffs..

They are trying to sell the franchise for 500 million...so they need to make it look good for the new buyers...that's why the owners may try to hold on to Cousins or get top $$ for him in return..and trade bad contracts to give new owners flexibility...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Do we know that's what they offered?  Because I heard the Kings would be looking for "vet" players, and the Wiz don't have any of those, except Okafor and Ariza, who make too much money.  Also, we can take a contract like Evans or Salmons - they won't since they have Wall and Beal ( and Crawford).

[/QUOTE]

Specifically, two people close to the situation who requested anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation said a trade to the Washington Wizards would be considered ideal for Cousins and Fegan because Cousins could rejoin former Kentucky teammate and fellow Fegan client, point guard John Wall. The Wizards, who are known to have expressed recent interest in Cousins, have been told by the Kings that they have no intention of trading him

http://fansided.com/2012/12/30/nba-trade-rumors-could-washington-wizards-land-demarcus-cousins/

[/QUOTE]

Could be a smoke screen,,would not be the first time...to drive up interest..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Specifically, two people close to the situation who requested anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation said a trade to the Washington Wizards would be considered ideal for Cousins and Fegan because Cousins could rejoin former Kentucky teammate and fellow Fegan client, point guard John Wall. The Wizards, who are known to have expressed recent interest in Cousins, have been told by the Kings that they have no intention of trading him

http://fansided.com/2012/12/30/nba-trade-rumors-could-washington-wizards-land-demarcus-cousins/

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Fierce, no mention of the #1 overall pick.  No mention of any players at all.  I think they will trade him, and I hope it's to us!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I live in Fresno...close to Sacto,and the local sports talk says there is lots going on behind the scenes...stay tuned..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Kirk

Jeff Green was -16 against the Kings. He played 31 minutes, got 4 rebounds, and I don't know how many times he got his shot blocked.

Still think he's worth keeping at 9m per year?

[/QUOTE]

and some want him to start...lets get real...

[/QUOTE]

Starting Jeff Green might make him better. But after what we saw in the 30 games Jeff has played in, Jeff Green is not going to become a scorer like Paul Pierce.

[/QUOTE]

Here is the problem with the Jeff Green situation.

He should have started his career at 3.  Buy Kevin Durant had that locked up.  So he played 4.  Plus, I don't believe that he was ever asked to develop his game at 3.  When he cam to Boston for half a season, he had no defined role.  Then he got hurt.  Now, this is the first time that he is being challenged to grow his game.

I saw some things today.  He attempted a spin to the baseline and attempted a shot with his left hand.  He drove into the lane and leaned to get some fouls.  He tried to hit some pull up jumpers.  I can see that he is trying and experimenting.  But he is like a rookie in some ways.  He has not put it together.

On top of it, some time he plays 3, defending a 3.  Then, when Paul comes into the game, he has to shift to defending the 4 or the 2.  There is just too much inconsistency in what he has to do.

He needs to play consistent minutes at 3 but how do you justify that with Paul in the lineup.  Not unless you give up on the year.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I saw some things today.  He attempted a spin to the baseline and attempted a shot with his left hand.  He drove into the lane and leaned to get some fouls.  He tried to hit some pull up jumpers.  I can see that he is trying and experimenting.  But he is like a rookie in some ways.  He has not put it together.

On top of it, some time he plays 3, defending a 3.  Then, when Paul comes into the game, he has to shift to defending the 4 or the 2.  There is just too much inconsistency in what he has to do.

He needs to play consistent minutes at 3 but how do you justify that with Paul in the lineup.  Not unless you give up on the year.

[/QUOTE]

if you ever watched green play with OKC he used to do a lot of things with his left hand all the time- including authoritative dunks.

there is no reason this guy should be like a rookie!!  the regression of his game from aggressive slasher with decent but not phenomenal accuracy to lazy ineffective and generally not aggressive is not explained by anything but things swirling about inside his head. 

he plays much of the time like he does not want to be here.  as does the rest of the celtics team.  if you want to realize any TRUE improvement out of green it's got to be the voices guiding him that change.  he was never trick or treat here one game gone the next three in OKC.  but now he is.  so what's changed- team is different but rondo is a better distribution guard than westbrook and that should work to green's favor. 

his rebounding is worse than ever and that is just effort and fundamentals.

usually when effort and fundamentals go flying out the window, on SEVERAL if not MANY players on a team, all at the same time, they are disgusted by the 'coaching'......   you know, what happens when players stop listening to a coach.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]

prakash

The question is can Jeff Green become a 20-point scorer like Paul Pierce. If the answer is "yes" then he's worth keeping. But if not, then it's time to move him.

To further elaborate, can we count on Jeff Green to carry the team in a Game 7 of a playoff game?

[/QUOTE]

the answer is "not under doc rivers" and it's so obvious it's stabbing everyone's eyes out

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]

prakash

The question is can Jeff Green become a 20-point scorer like Paul Pierce. If the answer is "yes" then he's worth keeping. But if not, then it's time to move him.

To further elaborate, can we count on Jeff Green to carry the team in a Game 7 of a playoff game?

[/QUOTE]

One could ask the same of rondo, who not only makes more money than JG but has also had the leadship mantle handled to him. So far he has brought it in a 1st rounder but hasn't in a conference or final. The key words in this question is a 7th game. It appears he's been content to think , hey fellas, I brought you here, the rest is on you. If one is satisfied w/ that than there is a short bus warming up for you in the parking lot. Better hurry , its filling up fast...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

we're talking about a game 7 of a playoff game? Hm, OK...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sorry, Fierce, no mention of the #1 overall pick.  No mention of any players at all.  I think they will trade him, and I hope it's to us!

[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with the Celtics ending up with Cousins. But I'll have to see it to believe it.

[/QUOTE]

I have no problems with a lot of players. 99% of the players discussed on this site,  there is the same "i have to see it to believe it" thought process in my mind.  As fun as it is to discuss getting players,  the reality of it is 99% of the time it doesn't happen.  How many trades have happens so far this year in the NBA?  One guy I would like us to go for is Dalembert. 6-7 million in salary.  Does the things we need.  Great player-no  but he tends to bounce around every year.  Bottom line is he does put up the type stats we need whether he is a head case or not.  The Bucks pretty much don't even play him any more.  Maybe one of our guards  could be used to attain him.  That would still leave us other players to make another deal later.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

After watching Cousins last night.  We don't have enough to entice the Kings in a trade. He is better than Dwight Howard.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

After watching Cousins last night.  We don't have enough to entice the Kings in a trade. He is better than Dwight Howard.

[/QUOTE]

BINGO!!!

[/QUOTE]

So if we move Green, and some bigger pieces who can we get?  Amazing that ten games ago the weakness on this team was  not as evident.  Rondo has not been consistent but how could he be? You have players like Pierce going for forty and thirty-six in consecutive and then doing nothing. 

Danny can't make a deal maybe.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]

prakash

[/QUOTE]

Probably not this year...If he can develop that in between game,,then he will be a monster...

but no sure you can do that during the season...

25. This post has been removed.