Game Thread: Celtics vs Kings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Kings

i dont understand how you can be 5 for 5 with 10 pts and only play 9 minutes in the 1st half. COME ON DOC.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The only thing that has me a bit upset is the fact that JG has only played 8-mins in this game!

Is Pierce being show cased?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

This is Docs way of coaching... have stated it many times...

Guy comes off the bench and lights it up.... then Doc sits him and forgets about him...

Translation: Doc is poor coach imo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

i dont understand how you can be 5 for 5 with 10 pts and only play 9 minutes in the 1st half. COME ON DOC.

+ 1 you beat me to it!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Its comical and expected the response from some to how well the C's have played since ROndo's been out..

I mean, its only 2 games which doesnt mean much... only some more time will tell... but they already out apologizing and ratioanlizing away all of this..

Instead, they should take off their blinders and at least acquiesce that the Celtics have looked a heck of alot better these last two games than they have in a long time...

What!  Who are these idiots?  Point them out to me and I will put them in their place.  I will come after them with determination that will put Fierce to shame.  Just name them and point them out to me.  I am all in with your cause.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Jet fuel!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

I will say this about JG, his basketball IQ is lacking....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

This is Docs way of coaching... have stated it many times...

Guy comes off the bench and lights it up.... then Doc sits him and forgets about him...

Translation: Doc is poor coach imo

Really? Who knew?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

what happened to Boston.com's "ignore user" button?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

hahaha..our announcer guy LOOOOVES saying Leandro Barbosa's name.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Green is way too in love with the 3.... he needs to develop his mid range and low post game some instead of hoisting up 3s...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Can the C's blow this lead too??? No chance..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

We have to give credit where credit is due, the team has been playing well for 2 games now without Rondo.

what did you expect? we DO have guys on this team that can play. I know i didnt expect Rondo to go out and everyone on the team just gives up. They are doing what they are supposed to do, beating a bad team at home.

Yeah, only we were losing to bad teams with Rondo and we are playing better without him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I really like the 4-5 passes in a matter of seconds.  Just beautiful.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

I can see why Green doesnt play a lot... yeah he has skills but he looks shakey quite a bit....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Pierce' +/- : +26

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

RONDO was one pass and you had better shoot or the clock was done! Nice change!!!!!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

one thing i WILL say, is the Celtics need to see that Rondos teammates are pretty handy passing the ball as well. He is by far the best passer in the game, and i think can still be that, but can share the ball a bit more. Its on Doc to make sure this happens when he returns next season.

If he returns next year!!  I think he has played his last game for the C's.

Rondo will be most effective when he plays with players that move wothout the ball and love to catch and shoot.  For all their issues, Ray Allen was the perfect teammate for Rondo.  Then he got old.

The problem with the Celts is that all of Lee, Terry and Green need to feel the ball for a short while to be able to shoot effectively.  Terry has not been a good catch and shoot guy.  But watch him when he takes a dribble or two and then shoots.  He is much more effective.

Lest wait a couple of games and see how the teams figure out the defensive scheme against the new Celtics.  Then we will know what Rondo brings / does not bring to the table.

excellent post. i agree.

To even think Rondo is anything but an asset on this team is insane.  Are you kidding?  He is often inconsistent but he is a game changer.  The team looks great tonight and as I said they are benefiting because they are used to Rondo getting the ball everytime from the defensive end. But be real.  

lol, im the LAST guy you have to tell that to. 

I was supporting you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

one thing i WILL say, is the Celtics need to see that Rondos teammates are pretty handy passing the ball as well. He is by far the best passer in the game, and i think can still be that, but can share the ball a bit more. Its on Doc to make sure this happens when he returns next season.

If he returns next year!!  I think he has played his last game for the C's.

Rondo will be most effective when he plays with players that move wothout the ball and love to catch and shoot.  For all their issues, Ray Allen was the perfect teammate for Rondo.  Then he got old.

The problem with the Celts is that all of Lee, Terry and Green need to feel the ball for a short while to be able to shoot effectively.  Terry has not been a good catch and shoot guy.  But watch him when he takes a dribble or two and then shoots.  He is much more effective.

Lest wait a couple of games and see how the teams figure out the defensive scheme against the new Celtics.  Then we will know what Rondo brings / does not bring to the table.

excellent post. i agree.

To even think Rondo is anything but an asset on this team is insane.  Are you kidding?  He is often inconsistent but he is a game changer.  The team looks great tonight and as I said they are benefiting because they are used to Rondo getting the ball everytime from the defensive end. But be real.  

lol, im the LAST guy you have to tell that to. 

I was supporting you.

oh oh okay, sorry haha. i was gunna say, me and you had had conversations in the past and i was pretty sure you knew my stance on the matter.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to scubber's comment:

RONDO was one pass and you had better shoot or the clock was done! Nice change!!!!!

Really?  I think that's a little exaggerated!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

wat the heck was that Pierce? LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

after watching DMC, i want nothing to do with him on our team..his demeanor is HOOOOOOORRIBLE.