Game Thread: Celtics vs Kings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Kings

In response to Eldunker's comment:

If the last two games are indicative of their play, I like this team better without Rondo controling the ball, dictating player movement and eventually dishing or driving.  Love Lee and Bradley playing together out front on both O and D.   

Nice to see the team coming together finally...

Sometimes its addition by subtraction.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to celtic213's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Celts gave up only 4 offensive rebounds to the Kings in the 1st half. In the 2nd half the Kings got 8 offensive rebounds. Celts really need an upgrade over Bass.

Yup the big reason why the Kings doubled there 2nd half offensive rebound production is because Sully wasnt out there and Bass really got exposed on the glass with big minutes in the 2nd half.

Sully played 4 mins in the first half....come on now!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

JJ Redick had 29 tonight in loss to Knicks...he's getting more and more expensive. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Celts gave up only 4 offensive rebounds to the Kings in the 1st half. In the 2nd half the Kings got 8 offensive rebounds. Celts really need an upgrade over Bass.

Yup the big reason why the Kings doubled there 2nd half offensive rebound production is because Sully wasnt out there and Bass really got exposed on the glass with big minutes in the 2nd half.

4 minutes that we had Sully instead of Bass on the defensive glass, and if you watch Bass try to rebound...4 minutes is alot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

If the last two games are indicative of their play, I like this team better without Rondo controling the ball, dictating player movement and eventually dishing or driving.  Love Lee and Bradley playing together out front on both O and D.   

So what if the Cs lost tonite as well as against Miami, would Rondo haters be saying that its because we didnt have Rondo?? lol  I seriously doubt that...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

4 minutes that we had Sully instead of Bass on the defensive glass, and if you watch Bass try to rebound...4 minutes is alot.

It is not a lot .... Sully had 1 rebound and had little or nothing to do with why the Cs finished the first half with a big rebounding advantage... I love Sully but Im realistic about his contribution tonite in the first half.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

So what if the Cs lost tonite as well as against Miami, would Rondo haters be saying that its because we didnt have Rondo?? lol  I seriously doubt that...

"What ifs" are irrelevant in sports and life.  You don't hear anybody saying "what if Gronk or Chandler played against the Ravens?"  You evaluate performance based on the team playing.  We played two games very well without Rondo...on both ends of the court...and that deserves notice and comment.  Period.  Open you mind and don't be so defensive.  You just might be wrong about your misguided love for Rondo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

"What ifs" are irrelevant in sports and life.  You don't hear anybody saying "what if Gronk or Chandler played against the Ravens?"  You evaluate performance based on the team playing.  We played two games very well without Rondo...on both ends of the court...and that deserves notice and comment.  Period.  Open you mind and don't be so defensive.  You just might be wrong about your misguided love for Rondo.

ummm...yea you do hear that? everyone is understanding that a player like Gronk would have changed the game dramatically...u lose more sports credibility by the sentence.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

It is not a lot .... Sully had 1 rebound and had little or nothing to do with why the Cs finished the first half with a big rebounding advantage... I love Sully but Im realistic about his contribution tonite in the first half.

It's not just Sully's rebounding numbers, it's also Sully's ability to box out. Bass does not do a good job boxing out.

I know his abilities but again, if you are telling me that our huge rebounding advantage was because of 4 mins of play from Sully thats just silly.....Im not a Bass fan by any means but this discussion again is silly...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

The celtics didnt give up an offensive rebound in the 4 minutes he was in the game, and 4 minutes isnt alot? Really you can give up 2,3,4 offensive rebounds in one possession. All I'm trying to say is Bass extended minutes in the second half is the reason the Kinds doubled their offensive rebounding production because Bass is an awful rebounder he played 37 minutes and got 4 rebounds. Enough said.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

I think if we get a Big we will be fine. I think there going to give Melo 2 weeks to see what he can do before giving up anything of value. lee is not a ball handler but he attacked the rim and played well on D

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Let's just wait for the final result. Without Rondo the Celts were 20-23. Let's see how the Celts end up in the W-L column in April.

they are going to the playoffs, they were going with or without Rondo. Too many good players on this team to not go to the playoffs. We are a playoff team w/o Rondo. We are contenders with Rondo. Simple as that. Not crazy serious, "everyone is picking us" contenders, but with a guy like Rondo on your team in the playoffs, ANYTHINGS POSSIBLEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" Seriously tho..look at 2010.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

ummm...yea you do hear that? everyone is understanding that a player like Gronk would have changed the game dramatically...u lose more sports credibility by the sentence.

I may lose credibility to you and other clueless ones that have no credibility to begin with... LOL

By reverse logic - You are saying that the Celtics would have played better against both the Heat and Sacto WITH Rondo?  mmmmkay...

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

The celtics didnt give up an offensive rebound in the 4 minutes he was in the game, and 4 minutes isnt alot? Really you can give up 2,3,4 offensive rebounds in one possession. All I'm trying to say is Bass extended minutes in the second half is the reason the Kinds doubled their offensive rebounding production because Bass is an awful rebounder he played 37 minutes and got 4 rebounds. Enough said.

Not sure how you would know that but 4 minutes is 16 percent of a full half and if you think someone can influence a game immeasureably in that amount of time then I am going to get nowhere with you...... enough said

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Have to agree.

VeniceSox

Having Bass out there for extended minutes really hurts the team in the rebounding department.

Remember, it was 22-14 Celtics, in the 1st half. After the game it was 39-38 Kings.

I saw 2 rebounds taken away from Bass in the 2nd half.

Again, it's not just the 4 minutes, it's having Bass in there for extended minutes. 

Oh geez.... why are you even going there Fierce.... this has nothing to do with the discussion of 4 mins in the first half.... in typical fashion you change the argument to suit your slant on things when it is completely off point.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

HEADLINE: Team issued their Get-Out-Of-Jail-Card... and celebrate at Sacto's expense!

Great ball movement tonight. Up Tempo Fast break effective. Game played with joy and enthusiasm. Solid D.

Everybody involved in the action. 6 guys in double figures.

53% shooting; 80% from the stripe. 22 dimes. A solid win to start the 2nd half.

Oh... and by the way....

We miss you Rajon Pierre Rondo. 

Stay strong buddy.

Pud

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Great ball movement tonight. Up Tempo Fast break effective. Game played with joy and enthusiasm. Solid D.

Everybody involved in the action. 6 guys in double figures.

53% shooting; 80% from the stripe. 22 dimes. A solid win to start the 2nd half.

Oh... and by the way....

We miss you Rajon Pierre Rondo. 

Stay strong buddy.

Pud

In the first half yeah... they didnt look so good in 2nd half though

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Not sure how you would know that but 4 minutes is 16 percent of a full half and if you think someone can influence a game immeasureably in that amount of time then I am going to get nowhere with you...... enough said

It's not about the 4 minutes its the fact that Bass had to play 37 minutes and got 4 rebounds. Although i disagree with you that 4 minutes isnt alot in a game. Most of the games come down to 4 minutes and alot happens in 4 minutes so the next time I watch a game the last 4 minutes ill just stop watching because according to you nothing can happen in 4 minutes its only 16 percent of a full half. You sure no alot about basketball I'm done with this conversation I am going to get nowhere with you....enough said

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Have to agree.

VeniceSox

Having Bass out there for extended minutes really hurts the team in the rebounding department.

Remember, it was 22-14 Celtics, in the 1st half. After the game it was 39-38 Kings.

I saw 2 rebounds taken away from Bass in the 2nd half.

Again, it's not just the 4 minutes, it's having Bass in there for extended minutes. 

Oh geez.... why are you even going there Fierce.... this has nothing to do with the discussion of 4 mins in the first half.... in typical fashion you change the argument to suit your slant on things when it is completely off point.

The 4 minutes issue is not my argument. All I'm saying is Bass getting more minutes means Celts will lose rebounding battle.

Fierce you joined this discussion between me and Celtic213 and it was about those 4 mins... if you want to agree or disagree about those 4 mins of Sullys play fine but to then go off on a tangent about bass and the rest of the game is not on point.... of course bass is bad and sully is a much better rebounder on both ends but again not the point of the argument.... 

Sections
Shortcuts