1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Kings

In response to concord27's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to BCSP's comment:

Pierce 9-rebs!

Trade the Bum?  LOL.

I still say it's the best move, to trade Pierce.

It seems the Celtics because Rondo is out really present a  problem defensively to the opposing team. The ball is coming off the defensive end and no pass to Rondo.  It goes anywhere there is someone open.  Not knocking Rondo at all, just gives the Celtics an advantage because opposing teams will have to change there defensive strategy.

The best way t o attack a defense is by passing, not by dribbling...

By dribbling too much, the D has time to adjust and set up...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to celtic213's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Celts gave up only 4 offensive rebounds to the Kings in the 1st half. In the 2nd half the Kings got 8 offensive rebounds. Celts really need an upgrade over Bass.

Yup the big reason why the Kings doubled there 2nd half offensive rebound production is because Sully wasnt out there and Bass really got exposed on the glass with big minutes in the 2nd half.

Sully played 4 mins in the first half....come on now!

4 minutes that we had Sully instead of Bass on the defensive glass, and if you watch Bass try to rebound...4 minutes is alot.

It is not a lot .... Sully had 1 rebound and had little or nothing to do with why the Cs finished the first half with a big rebounding advantage... I love Sully but Im realistic about his contribution tonite in the first half.

The celtics didnt give up an offensive rebound in the 4 minutes he was in the game, and 4 minutes isnt alot? Really you can give up 2,3,4 offensive rebounds in one possession. All I'm trying to say is Bass extended minutes in the second half is the reason the Kinds doubled their offensive rebounding production because Bass is an awful rebounder he played 37 minutes and got 4 rebounds. Enough said.

Not sure how you would know that but 4 minutes is 16 percent of a full half and if you think someone can influence a game immeasureably in that amount of time then I am going to get nowhere with you...... enough said

It's not about the 4 minutes its the fact that Bass had to play 37 minutes and got 4 rebounds. Although i disagree with you that 4 minutes isnt alot in a game. Most of the games come down to 4 minutes and alot happens in 4 minutes so the next time I watch a game the last 4 minutes ill just stop watching because according to you nothing can happen in 4 minutes its only 16 percent of a full half. You sure no alot about basketball I'm done with this conversation I am going to get nowhere with you....enough said

I know as much and probably more than you... to compare the first 4 mins of a half in terms of rebounding with the last for minutes of a game is just halarious....knock yourself out though man.....

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Celts gave up only 4 offensive rebounds to the Kings in the 1st half. In the 2nd half the Kings got 8 offensive rebounds. Celts really need an upgrade over Bass.

Yup the big reason why the Kings doubled there 2nd half offensive rebound production is because Sully wasnt out there and Bass really got exposed on the glass with big minutes in the 2nd half.

4 minutes that we had Sully instead of Bass on the defensive glass, and if you watch Bass try to rebound...4 minutes is alot.

It is not a lot .... Sully had 1 rebound and had little or nothing to do with why the Cs finished the first half with a big rebounding advantage... I love Sully but Im realistic about his contribution tonite in the first half.

The celtics didnt give up an offensive rebound in the 4 minutes he was in the game, and 4 minutes isnt alot? Really you can give up 2,3,4 offensive rebounds in one possession. All I'm trying to say is Bass extended minutes in the second half is the reason the Kinds doubled their offensive rebounding production because Bass is an awful rebounder he played 37 minutes and got 4 rebounds. Enough said.

Lets not forget that our biggs don't get out of position as much trying to cover Rondo's man down the middle...Lee and Ab stay in front of their men..which helps our bigs stay in position for the missed shots...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

VenicsSox

That was my first post regarding the rebounding of the game. I never said anything about 4 minutes. All I said was the Celts need an upgrade over Bass.

You interjected into a discussion with Celtic213 and I about the first 4 mins....you either agree with me or agree with him.... carrying our discussion to the overall rebounding in the game is NOT what we were talking about it....no matter  this is a stupid discussion  lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Great ball movement tonight. Up Tempo Fast break effective. Game played with joy and enthusiasm. Solid D.

Everybody involved in the action. 6 guys in double figures.

53% shooting; 80% from the stripe. 22 dimes. A solid win to start the 2nd half.

Oh... and by the way....

We miss you Rajon Pierre Rondo. 

Stay strong buddy.

Pud

??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Lets not forget that our biggs don't get out of position as much trying to cover Rondo's man down the middle...Lee and Ab stay in front of their men..which helps our bigs stay in position for the missed shots...

+ 1 that is a valid point!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

The 4 minutes issue is not my argument. All I'm saying is Bass getting more minutes means Celts will lose rebounding battle.

Fierce you joined this discussion between me and Celtic213 and it was about those 4 mins... if you want to agree or disagree about those 4 mins of Sullys play fine but to then go off on a tangent about bass and the rest of the game is not on point.... of course bass is bad and sully is a much better rebounder on both ends but again not the point of the argument.... 

I posted that the Celts needed an upgrade over Bass and celtic213 replied to that post. Then you and he had an argument over that minutes. 

My point is if Bass starts or plays a lot of minutes it's not a good thing. You are correct that 4 minutes didn't make much of a difference. But before Bass came out of the 3rd qtr, the Kings already got 2 offensive rebounds in the first 5 minutes of the 3rd qtr.

Totally agree with that and thanks for commenting on the first 4 mins.... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

Not sure how you would know that but 4 minutes is 16 percent of a full half and if you think someone can influence a game immeasureably in that amount of time then I am going to get nowhere with you...... enough said

It's not about the 4 minutes its the fact that Bass had to play 37 minutes and got 4 rebounds. Although i disagree with you that 4 minutes isnt alot in a game. Most of the games come down to 4 minutes and alot happens in 4 minutes so the next time I watch a game the last 4 minutes ill just stop watching because according to you nothing can happen in 4 minutes its only 16 percent of a full half. You sure no alot about basketball I'm done with this conversation I am going to get nowhere with you....enough said

I know as much and probably more than you... to compare the first 4 mins of a half in terms of rebounding with the last for minutes of a game is just halarious....knock yourself out though man.....

So its ok the first 4 minutes of the game mean nothing? Just the last 4 minutes of the game mean something really? So the celtics starting the game off 8-0 in the first 2 minutes of the game had no impact? Dude listen to yourself first of all this wasnt even the arguement was trying to make. All I was trying to say is Brandon Bass had to play more minutes in the second half leading to the Kings eventually outrebounding and I was trying to point out that the 4 minutes of the game Sully played there were no offensive rebounds so basically all the rebounds came when Bass was on the court. That was the point i was trying to make but you tried to spin my words and make yourself out to be a big man because "you know so much more basketball than me" yeah right you got nothing on me when it comes to basketball, and you arguing with me saying 4 minutes in a game mean nothing proves it. Go coach yourself a team and tell them not to play 4 minutes of a game and see where that gets ya.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

I just re-read your post and I have to say I probably interpeted it wrong... my apologies

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtic213. Show celtic213's posts

I just re-read your post and I have to say I probably interpeted it wrong... my apologies

Don't worry about it its cool.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Great ball movement tonight. Up Tempo Fast break effective. Game played with joy and enthusiasm. Solid D.

Oh... and by the way....

Stay strong buddy.

Pud

??

Double ??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:

Oh... and by the way....

Stay strong buddy.

Pud

??

Double ??

We'll miss him when there's no one on the Celtics to be the best player on the court for a couple games in a seven game series against the Heat.  A teams gotta have that in order to go the distance in this league.

i like the ball movement tonight as well, good team win, but there is no replacement for national TV playoff Rondo on this team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

one thing i WILL say, is the Celtics need to see that Rondos teammates are pretty handy passing the ball as well. He is by far the best passer in the game, and i think can still be that, but can share the ball a bit more. Its on Doc to make sure this happens when he returns next season.

Look, it is a matter of maximizing the system.  If Rondo had better teammates, he should be asked not to dominate the ball.  I don't mind trading Rondo for better chemistry on the roster.  But I am not ready to minimize his talent as many here do.

I think you will have a hard time finding any thread from any poster that has ever minimized his talent. Talent has never been the issue. Effort(on the floor & improving his shooting) and closing out potential conference or championship games when the C's could have clinched are my pet peeves. Otherwise, he's Mister October...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

If the last two games are indicative of their play, I like this team better without Rondo controling the ball, dictating player movement and eventually dishing or driving.  Love Lee and Bradley playing together out front on both O and D.   

Nice to see the team coming together finally...

Sometimes its addition by subtraction.

So what if the Cs lost tonite as well as against Miami, would Rondo haters be saying that its because we didnt have Rondo?? lol  I seriously doubt that...

"What ifs" are irrelevant in sports and life.  You don't hear anybody saying "what if Gronk or Chandler played against the Ravens?"  You evaluate performance based on the team playing.  We played two games very well without Rondo...on both ends of the court...and that deserves notice and comment.  Period.  Open you mind and don't be so defensive.  You just might be wrong about your misguided love for Rondo.

Finally an appropriate usage of the word irrelevant...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

As well as Green played the first half, he pretty much didn't do anything the second half.  Doc had to sub him out to stem the Kings tide.  This is why Green is a role player.  If he could ever string the numbers for a few games it would be great.  His defense has continued to get a better though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

That had to be the most disappointing 17 pt win ever. We play up tempo for 10 more minutes and they were done. Look at the stats by quarter Doc stopped us better than kings did. We're killing them Green has 10 pts 2 rebs KG 4-4 ,Pierce going to the rim,Lee and AB were in flow on both ends Jet was getting open looks in the offense we are are taking these athaletic but uncordinated team to the woodshed like stole from us. So doc up 23 decides to go half court with shorter quicker players and go slow half court set shot offense. I feel we just didn't finish them Doc is agreatXs & Os guy but when we were winning he has a habit of taking his foot off their throats. We can get away with it against lesser teams but we can't start out coaching ourselves. If you happened to have recorded the game watch the first half we got on them and the shat clock never went below 12 seconds but maybe two times . Instead starting the 2nd half like the 1st we give taller guys to glog the lanes and let them get back to what 13 in 4:00 minutes and then have the bench come back  and build it back up. I'm sorry when you're a team that needs a spark and got a lesser team hammer with newer guyslet them gel and teach the vets that they can be depended on.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

1. Wow, some people really complain after a 17 points win without our starting PG and another starting player out after just 4 minutes.

2. Don't get to excited (weird, some are so excited and some are so down after watching the same game) about our wins since Rondo is out. Lets see first what happens when the opponents adjust to our new style.

3. I can't believe we discuss about rebounding and then people want to replace PP with Green (who boards like Muggsy Bouges). With Rondo out and Green as starter we would see a major downgrade in the rebound department.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

With Rondo out and Green as starter we would see a major downgrade in the rebound department.

Is that even possible?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

With Rondo out and Green as starter we would see a major downgrade in the rebound department.

Is that even possible?

Unfortunately Yes! Just look at Green's (Lee's) numbers and compare them to PP's (Rondo's).