Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks, Game Five

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks, Game Five

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

In response to Karllost's comment:

Some Fungus here also was preaching how KG wasnt clutch

Who is the fungus?

Fungus34 ... does that help?

Oh... that fungus.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Good win Celtics. Yes I know many of you hate me but good win. See for me, the only thing more obnoxious than fans who root for teams that have actually won something is Knicks fans

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I know this might jinx it for Twill, but please more TWill and less Bradley.  And I am ok with zero for Crawford.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Petey62's comment:

Do y'all remember when Paul Pierce came out in the post-game press conference after that playoff win in Indiana with a bandage around his head?  Oh, the memories.

If this is it, I will enjoy it knowing I may be seeing the last of "The Truth" in Celtics green.

But tonight, we will see "Celtic Pride".  We'll see that "Heart of a Champion"!

We will survive.

Let's go Celtics!!!

Great call Petey...no offense to Kirk but I prefer when you start the game threads.

You must be gay.

just because I can get the type of chicks you post and all you can do is drool and jerk dont get mad at me.....

Touchy, aren't we?

Um no... just saying the truth.... and even if I was gay, you got a problem with that?

I have very few problems. I don't take things people say on the internet very seriously.

[/QUOT

Good to hear because for a minute there I thought you just might be a bigot....

Chill out, my friend. We are on the same side.

Imagine what we could do with a smart coach?

Im always chill...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

I know this might jinx it for Twill, but please more TWill and less Bradley.  And I am ok with zero for Crawford.

Williams played strong defense and he handles the ball better than any active Celtic.

Our turn overs were down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Jimmy42Jack0's comment:

Good win Celtics. Yes I know many of you hate me but good win. See for me, the only thing more obnoxious than fans who root for teams that have actually won something is Knicks fans

I don't hate you, just your team.  Thanks for the kudos

Actually I think your team wins it all.  I have been saying that a team that doesn't get 40 rebounds a game can win the championship.  Matter of fact I argued with one all year last year.  My money is on it happening this year.  Doesn't matter how many you get as long as you get the right ones.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Crawford will have splinters the rest of this series..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

The Celtics were heroic. Tough as nails.

They may have found the answer to beat the Knicks by using Williams. One game at a time.

Yeah, he gives us another ballhandler and athlete off the bench...this guy could be a keeper..I just wish we had another big to count on...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Thanks VeniceSox, I'll do my best to keep this going.

But we still have alot of basketball to play.  I still am just a little concerned about our turnovers.  When the Knicks apply pressure, we seem to get so flustered.

You might as well get use to it unless we keep JT and Williams playing.  Bradley has been horrible so far.  Hope he can get it together.  Even his defense is bad.   Everyone can't play well so I will take the win.

Could some one tell me why Doc doesn't post Felton down low with Pierce?  The top of the key and Felton guarding him is not the right place to be.  PP is capable of posting him down low.  

Because whenhe posts down low, its easy for their big man like Chandler to help.  When he posts up top, three things happen:  1. Its more difficult for the Knicks to help and 2. Paul is within his game.  His game is not posting down low and 3. we stay within the offense - posting Paul low takes time and while Paul is trying to manuver, we get out of synch and no one else is involved while he's trying to do that.

Rivers is an idiot!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

But we still have alot of basketball to play.  I still am just a little concerned about our turnovers.  When the Knicks apply pressure, we seem to get so flustered.

You might as well get use to it unless we keep JT and Williams playing.  Bradley has been horrible so far.  Hope he can get it together.  Even his defense is bad.   Everyone can't play well so I will take the win.

Could some one tell me why Doc doesn't post Felton down low with Pierce?  The top of the key and Felton guarding him is not the right place to be.  PP is capable of posting him down low.  

Because whenhe posts down low, its easy for their big man like Chandler to help.  When he posts up top, three things happen:  1. Its more difficult for the Knicks to help and 2. Paul is within his game.  His game is not posting down low and 3. we stay within the offense - posting Paul low takes time and while Paul is trying to manuver, we get out of synch and no one else is involved while he's trying to do that.

Rivers is an idiot!

Well, the idiot won the game...

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

In response to prakash's comment:

Rivers is an idiot!

Well, the idiot won the game...

So what?  Are you implying that people here should change their opinions about Doc?  No way!  We will change many other opinions but we will not change our opinion about Doc.  That defines us.  And we will insist on calling him Rivers because it sounds more demeaning.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In response to Jimmy42Jack0's comment:

I don't hate you, just your team.  Thanks for the kudos

Actually I think your team wins it all.  I have been saying that a team that doesn't get 40 rebounds a game can win the championship.  Matter of fact I argued with one all year last year.  My money is on it happening this year.  Doesn't matter how many you get as long as you get the right ones.

Fair enough and thank you. This Heat team is as confident as I've been about a team since the 01' Canes pooped on Nebraska in the National title game

Anyways, best of luck in game 6

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KenDNP. Show KenDNP's posts

Do y'all remember when Paul Pierce came out in the post-game press conference after that playoff win in Indiana with a bandage around his head?  Oh, the memories.

If this is it, I will enjoy it knowing I may be seeing the last of "The Truth" in Celtics green.

But tonight, we will see "Celtic Pride".  We'll see that "Heart of a Champion"!

We will survive.

Let's go Celtics!!!

Great post Petey! Bill Simmons said it best when he quoted Don Corleone, The Godfather III, "just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in." Win or lose come Game 6, I'm already very proud of this Celtics team.