Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks, Game Three

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks, Game Three

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to KingShaq's comment:

Are you suffering from some kind of mental illness?

Here's what you said:

"I will however continue to read yours because I find you humorous."

Clearly you're a Fierce fan.

We continue to read your post to find out which areas you NEED EDUCATION/THERAPY. It's like a doctor monitoring a patient's health. The doctor is no fan of the patient...

Sure!

As long as you keep reading my posts, iron, man!

photo electric_iron_zps07a0eb92.jpg

photo wwwMessenToolscom-Humor-risa-perro.gif

Sure, as long as you keep receiving the therapy and take your meds, everything is fine...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

See that, GK? Your fellow member of the Fierce Fans Club is already asking for my autograph. 

But don't worry, GK, you're the president of the Fierce Fans Club. Nobody has more posts of the Fiercest on GK's hard drive. 

Right, GK?

See, when you can't tell us why KMalone, McHale, DRob, etc. aren't great big-men, better hide under the "you are GK" posts...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

I'd make every player on the team available except Rondo.  Other than Rondo, every single player would be available.  If I could get Josh Smith in place of Jeff Green, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  If I could revisit getting Bledsoe and Jordan from the Clips for KG, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I'd sign Kyle Korver or trade Terry for him.  I'd also try to get one of Milwaukee's guards - preferable Monta Ellis.  I'd also make a play for O.J. Mayo and give up Courtney Lee or Brandon Bass in return.

I'd look to send Pierce to a contender who is one veteran scorer away from a title (Golden State or Denver).  I'd even consider sending Pierce to LA for Pau Gasol.  If not that, I'd try to get a combination of younger players and draft picks for Pierce.

I'd get a quality backup PG and two backup bigs.  If my bigs next year were DeAndre Jordan, Sully, Dalembert, Gasol, Josh Smith and Melo, I'd go to war with that front court.  And in mid-season, I'd go out and not hesitate signing someone like Kenyon Martin or Chris Anderson if they were available.

AB would also be available as he is strictly an on-ball defender.  He can be completely exposed defensively and when he is, he's useless overall.  He is an offensive liability.  Even if Rondo were out there passing the ball, he has no confidence in his shot.

Bottom line, this team is a mess.  It's a mix of players who really don't play well or play well together.

Total change, bring back Lawrence Frank as our defensive coach and coach up guys on the offensive and defensive sets.

interesting. If it was only that easy. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

You must be referring to Kobe because he's the one receiving therapy and taking meds for that torn Achilles tendon.

photo i_zpsdbaa739e.jpg

Nope, I am referring to Fierce receiving psychiatric therapy and meds...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

In response to KingShaq's comment:

Are you suffering from some kind of mental illness?

Here's what you said:

"I will however continue to read yours because I find you humorous."

Clearly you're a Fierce fan.

We continue to read your post to find out which areas you NEED EDUCATION/THERAPY. It's like a doctor monitoring a patient's health. The doctor is no fan of the patient...

Sure!

As long as you keep reading my posts, iron, man!

photo electric_iron_zps07a0eb92.jpg

photo wwwMessenToolscom-Humor-risa-perro.gif

I'm sorry Fierce. I take that back. You're more like a 5 year old. #pastyourbedtimekiddo

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KingShaq. Show KingShaq's posts

Doesn't matter. As long as you keep reading my posts

That's a giant step towards healing. You know, a lot of the patients don't allow examiniation by the doctors. Refusal of treatment is no good. At least you don't have that problem...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

We need to start by landing a quality big man.  The only way to do that is to trade Rondo.  We don't get a big man any other way.  There are 4-5 big men that we have discussed here. Take you pick depending upon the deal.

Trade Pierce to a contender (like Allen) for either a first round pick or young talent, maybe someone like Bledsoe (to replace Rondo).

Package any combo of Bass, Terry, Crawford, Lee, Wilcox, draft pick for a quality shooting guard, someone like a Mayo for consistent offensive firepower.  Trade the remaining detritus for backup PF and draft pick.

Keep Jeff Green, Sully, and Bradley (who better work on his outside shot and improve it!)

I don't know what we do with Garnett, but time to move on and I hope we get some benefit from it. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In response to ktronic's comment:

I'd make every player on the team available except Rondo.  Other than Rondo, every single player would be available.  If I could get Josh Smith in place of Jeff Green, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  If I could revisit getting Bledsoe and Jordan from the Clips for KG, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I'd sign Kyle Korver or trade Terry for him.  I'd also try to get one of Milwaukee's guards - preferable Monta Ellis.  I'd also make a play for O.J. Mayo and give up Courtney Lee or Brandon Bass in return.

I'd look to send Pierce to a contender who is one veteran scorer away from a title (Golden State or Denver).  I'd even consider sending Pierce to LA for Pau Gasol.  If not that, I'd try to get a combination of younger players and draft picks for Pierce.

I'd get a quality backup PG and two backup bigs.  If my bigs next year were DeAndre Jordan, Sully, Dalembert, Gasol, Josh Smith and Melo, I'd go to war with that front court.  And in mid-season, I'd go out and not hesitate signing someone like Kenyon Martin or Chris Anderson if they were available.

AB would also be available as he is strictly an on-ball defender.  He can be completely exposed defensively and when he is, he's useless overall.  He is an offensive liability.  Even if Rondo were out there passing the ball, he has no confidence in his shot.

Bottom line, this team is a mess.  It's a mix of players who really don't play well or play well together.

Total change, bring back Lawrence Frank as our defensive coach and coach up guys on the offensive and defensive sets.

interesting. If it was only that easy. 

It definitely won't be easy but something major has to happen.  Many of the players I name are UFA.  Honestly, I believe the Celtics have good individual players IF THEY WERE ON OTHER TEAMS.  The problem with the players on the Celtics is that they are asked to do jobs FOR THE CELTICS that they are not capable of doing.  Jeff Green is not an aggressive offensive threat although he can be.  However, that is what the Celtics want or expect him to be (need him to be to be successful).  Strangest phenomenom - that a guy in the NBA can score at will but doesn't have the mentality to stay aggressive enough to do it.

AB, Terry, Lee and Crawford are 3rd guards at best for teams that need a 2nd unit guard like AB or Lee to come in and provide defensive energy or Terry or Crawford to come in and provide scoring.  Injuries or not, these guys are playing starting roles.  Without Rondo, AB at PG and with him, shooting guard.  Right now, at best, AB is a 2nd or 3rd shooting guard and solely because of his defense.

This team is forced to depend on a career backup PF in Bass to win games.  Sully was looking good but he had yet to hit the rookie wall that all rookies hit so we really don't know how this season would have eventually turned out for him.  And it's simply time for PP and KG to play out their careers on championship-caliber teams where they can develop players who need that extra mentorship to get them over the hump.  They cannot provide that to anyone in Boston.

We need an infusion of new blood, new talent.  It's time for Doc and staff to coach new guys and develop new trusts.  With the philosophy on the offensive and defensive ends, with the right mix (unlike this mix), it may take a year or two but I think we have to break up the team.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

Some refused to give the Knicks credit. There's a reason why the Knicks won 54 games and the Celtics only won 41 games during the regular season.

Yea and those same fools said we would be better in the playoffs without Rondo.

+1

The flip side to that is that some fools think that anything less than a championship is success. Boston Strong, anyone?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

How was DA to know Doc would decide to retire with 2 weeks left in the season? We had a legit shot to make a push for a 4 seed and Doc decided to rst and tweak a team and rotation that was doing well.. Way to go Dipsh!t.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

1) rondo is a head case- proven by the team's surge when he was removed from the floor as the down-tempo ball smothering hack that he is

2) josh smith- 50% free throws- reminds me of twon.  underwhelming rebounder for his athleticism + horrid shot selection.  smith will want 15 million.  he has not delivered the hawks to any greater place in his time there....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Why break up the team?

We are adding Rondo and Sullinger and a first round pick to next years team.

Now if you want to fire Rivers, I'm all for that.

rondo needs to go away.  he's not worth the 25 million due to him in the next two years and then what?  overpay him again?  who's going to want a 63% free throw shooting point guard who is a ball dominator and the net results of his (new) style of self-preservation offense is we lead the league in last second low percentage shots?

what happened to the speedy rondo, the rondo havoc maker?  it's totally gone because he doesn't want to shoot free throws.  look at his FTA per minute this last season.  WAY DOWN, just to oomph his percentage up a little bit.  in an empty gym the guy can shoot lights out.  when the lights turn on, hes nowhere to be found shooting the rock.

anyone remember when larry bird said of dee brown "he just doesn't have it" (with regard to being of the mindset to "win it all")???  sure it was harsh, but it was also honest.  it's time that BOS fans be honest about rondo.  he's a 7 years-in player with gaping holes in his game who does not try on defense on a consistent basis, nor can he shoot foul shots or shoot basic jumpers and frequently refuses to do either.

so you're starting over on a rebuild and you have rondo the head case on your roster.  other young players see that what rondo does is freelance to the detriment of the team and refuse to do something that EVERY PG IN THE LEAGUE has to do to get "starter's" minutes.  that sends a terrible message to other young players.  that it's okay, if your name is rondo, to have an incomplete game, to refuse to even take jumpers that present themselves, to refuse to move the ball and UP the pace so that the team has the best chance of winning.

why on earth would anyone want to go forth into the future of a rebuild process with that system of hypocrisy intact?  showcase rondo when he gets back and then ship him away to be someone else's riddle with no answer

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

We need to start by landing a quality big man.  The only way to do that is to trade Rondo.  We don't get a big man any other way.  There are 4-5 big men that we have discussed here. Take you pick depending upon the deal.

Trade Pierce to a contender (like Allen) for either a first round pick or young talent, maybe someone like Bledsoe (to replace Rondo).

Package any combo of Bass, Terry, Crawford, Lee, Wilcox, draft pick for a quality shooting guard, someone like a Mayo for consistent offensive firepower.  Trade the remaining detritus for backup PF and draft pick.

Keep Jeff Green, Sully, and Bradley (who better work on his outside shot and improve it!)

I don't know what we do with Garnett, but time to move on and I hope we get some benefit from it. 

After what Pierce and KG did in this year's playoffs, no team would offer a 1st round pick for either one.

How can you trade Rondo when he's recovering for a torn ACL?

Teams would want to see Rondo play before they start thinking of trading for him.

KG should retire period!

Another ignorant statement...  Teams would be willing to trade for Rondo without seeing him play... and even give him a big contract ... its just that nothing would be guaranteed, ala Darelle Revis of the Jets.

and the Celtics could receive some value, all conditional.

Good thing youre unemployed and not running a business

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

1) rondo is a head case- proven by the team's surge when he was removed from the floor as the down-tempo ball smothering hack that he is

2) josh smith- 50% free throws- reminds me of twon.  underwhelming rebounder for his athleticism + horrid shot selection.  smith will want 15 million.  he has not delivered the hawks to any greater place in his time there....

Rondo was a product of this team.  I think Rondo should be given an opportunity to play in an uptempo offense in which his greatest asset (ability to create) can be realized.  Five years ago when PP, KG and Ray were more in their primes, Rondo was the perfect facilitator.  Now that NOBODY on the team can score and Rondo is therefore forced on too many occasions to pound the ball into submission, now HE'S the problem.  It was okay when he had those guys to get the ball to AND they converted.  I think we need to put those types of offensive players around him again.

As for Josh Smith, I will take 51% FT shooting along with 18 points, almost 9 rebounds and 4 assists per game while being a force of a defender.  NOBODY - not one Celtic - gives us that now or in the future.  Certainly not Jeff Green.  Do we really think Jeff Green will develop into a #1 or #2 scorer for the Celtics.  At best, Green is a #3 scorer on a good team.  At best.  I'll take Josh Smith over that any day - shot selection and all.  By the way, Green's shot selection isn't the best either.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

PETEY...we need you in the ...STARTING THREAD ROTATION...

for game#4 and beyond....   don't  leave us ...   PULL THE TRIGGER!!!

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts