Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : Listen to yourself.  Your complaing he made a basket that was uncontested?  Isnt that what all players want?  So what Lin turned his head and got burned!! 
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

I know.  and then he criticized him for getting an offensive rebound and putting it back in.  Like that's a bad thing.  

The guy has lost all perspective.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Boast all you want about Rondo's triple double...but if we lose this game its because of his inability to shoot. A point gaurd needs to be able to make layups, let alone wide open jump shots. Trade him now! Before he blows this game in OT!
    Posted by elDunker2[/QUOTE]

What a tool you are.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : True. All I said was Rondo's 5 points in OT were not clutch baskets. But Rondo had a spectacular game today, no doubt about it! Now, you still think the Celtics are not a big man away from being elite?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Please let us all know what clutch baskets are.  Most people consider that performing well when the game is on the line. 

what do you think it means?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : In case you didn't see it, I said Rondo had a spectacular game. Just don't say that his 5 points in OT were clutch baskets. If Pierce missed that last 3-pointer in regulation, Rondo would have had 0 points in the 4th qtr. and 6 straight missed FGs. Ugh!

if if IF. its not his points. some of us look at Rondos performance as a WHOLE. his PERFORMANCE in OT was clutch. 5 pts, 2 assists, 5 rebounds in 5 minutes. why cant you give the guy respect for bouncing back after a horrible 4th qtr?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Here is a problamatic fact. Our old big 3 have all played 40+ minutes. Nobody on knicks has played into the mid 30s. If we have to wear down Allen, Pierce and Garnett like that to win against a mid level team, good luck keeping these guys productive at playoff time.
    Posted by elDunker2[/QUOTE]

Do you want some cheese with your whine?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

What a game it was. Heavy weights slugging it out toe to toe.

Great to see the Celts-Knicks rivalry ramping back up again to actually mean something.

The Big 3 all played 41-48 minutes.

Expect a tired letdown when they go on the road.

OUCH!!!

Pud 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : Rondo was spectacular today. Just don't say easy baskets are clutch baskets. If you want a clutch basket then it was Pierce's 3-pointer that sent the game into OT.  Seriously, Rondo had a spectacular game, I'm not complaining. Just don't say uncontested shots are clutch shots because it's not accurate.

so normally clutch baskets are 5 minutes or less left in the game, unless its Rondo, then it has to be a highly contested, in your face, no time left buzzer beater right?

whats not clutch about Rondo shedding a box out from lin, grabbing the rebound and putting it back up?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : Rondo was spectacular today. Just don't say easy baskets are clutch baskets. If you want a clutch basket then it was Pierce's 3-pointer that sent the game into OT.  Seriously, Rondo had a spectacular game, I'm not complaining. Just don't say uncontested shots are clutch shots because it's not accurate.

Look it up in the dictionary.  Clutch just means to be successful when the game is on the line.  There is not a degree of difficulty involved in the word clutch.  I was not talking just about his baskets, I was talking about how well he played in the clutch.  I guess you just never really understood what the word meant.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : Oh cool can you now describe all the amazing ways every other Celtics scored in overtime?   Yo know that were really incredibly impressive while Rondo's weren't?  then can you tell me about all the amazing rebounds and assists everyone else had while Rondo's rebounds and assists were just average? You're losing it.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]
    Lin turned his head and Rondo took advantage of it so he gets no credit according to Fierce.Isn`t part of basketball being aggressive and grabbing opportunities when they present themselves.Some of these guys are truly pathetic.Maybe they`ll be so dissappointed when Rondo isn`t traded that they`ll go into mourning and quit dominating the board with their negativity.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : True. All I said was Rondo's 5 points in OT were not clutch baskets. But Rondo had a spectacular game today, no doubt about it! Now, you still think the Celtics are not a big man away from being elite?
    Im sticking to my guns...BLOW IT UP!!!!!!!  If they make a run, so be it!!!  The test will be the next two weeks.  I dont think we are a big man away.  We are a couple of players away.  We are a step below Miami and Chicago and just a tick below Indiana and Philly.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : Oh cool can you now describe all the amazing ways every other Celtics scored in overtime?   Yo know that were really incredibly impressive while Rondo's weren't?  then can you tell me about all the amazing rebounds and assists everyone else had while Rondo's rebounds and assists were just average? You're losing it.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Fierce just can't enjoy the moment.  e's a Rondo hater and when he has to admit Rondo played well, it kills him.  

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : That's not clutch, that's just Rondo being more athletic than Lin. Come on, Jamez, Rondo had a spectacular game. Celts win, I'm happy, you're happy, let's leave it at that. No need to proclaim Rondo as the next Jerry West.

Problem is, Fierce, if we lose and Rondo didn't have a great game, you initiate 6 threads saying the same thing about Rondo doesn't play well int he 4th, Rondo should be traded, we'll never win with him as a point guard, he's not a top 5 point guard, etc, etc, etc.   So, why can't we enjoy it when he's doing well? 

By the way, isn't this his 4th or 5th triple double when the whole league only has 13 or 14 triple doubles this year??????

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : Fierce just can't enjoy the moment.  e's a Rondo hater and when he has to admit Rondo played well, it kills him.  
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

it kills him bc he knows that the more Rondo plays like this, the less likely it is that he will be traded.

if danny pulled the trigger now he would be the worst gm in 30 years. Rondo is showing his worth to the team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : How do you know I didn't enjoy the game? 

bc u hopped on here to make sure people didnt think rondo was clutch. lol

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks : If you say he played well in the clutch then I agree.  The problem is I was not talking to you when Jamez said the 5 pts of Rondo in OT were clutch. Those 5 points were not clutch because both shots were uncontested and the one point came from 1 out of 2 from the FT line.

So if you get a rebound or a steal or make a great pass at the most critical time in the game (last 2 mins or OT) or beat your man because he cheated and you were smart enough to cut - its not clutch?

What are you smoking, man???

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I was on Rondo for his fourth  quarter.  Seven missed lay ups in one period in a close game no matter what precedes it is unforgivable.  Still I am thrilled to see us get a win against a team I hate.

Rondo is a game breaking, one of kind player  and that is all you can say after a win like this.  Next game in the fourth quarter I hope he makes every lay up to shut me up.