Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks

trade rondo for cousins straight up

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Laker trolls forced to delete their BS threads! A true AB smack-down! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:

JG stepped up and that was the difference in this game!!!

He didn't only step up on the offensive side.. the guy looked like a Defensive stud on Melo.. The dude couldn't get ANYTHING going against him. Best he's looked all year on that side of the ball. 

Like someone else said.. The domino effect is in place. Everything will start to fall in place. Damn good game tonight by the Green.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to prakash's comment:

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to red2004sox's comment:

I think your all talkin' stupid about Rondo right now.  He has played some solid games of late.  He is irreplaceable.  No back court matches up with he and Bradley......Period!

i do think rondo and bradley is a heck of a backcourt, but i also believe they arent going anywhere without a good big man....KG is just too old to do it by himself on the boards...

Have you checked out Sullinger?  Perhaps Dalembert will get bought out.

i like sullinger as a player, but he just doesnt compare to a cousins or a varejao, which is what this team needs.

I disagree.  I think that the Celts are sitting fine.  They need to give Melo some time and then bring him up to be a better backup than Collins.  I wouldn't mind a Bass upgrade though.

i hope you're right, i just dont see them going far if they keep getting outrebounded like they had been prior to this 3 game win streak.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

You don't need an All Star in a trade you need a defensive minded big man.  One who thinks crash the boards and block 1st and score 2nd.  That is all the Celtics need.  Could we use more?  Every team could but you don't leverage the future to get it because you already have the future on the team.

Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sully, Melo!  that starting five in 2 years is damn good!  You just need to fill in the pieces around them.

EXACTLY. Like i said, we need a tweak. thats ALLLLLLLL we need. None of this trade Rondo, part with Sully. We dont need to. Our team AS IS needs ONE DEFENSIVE MINDED big man to sit behind Garnett and guard the paint.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

idk why you love to hate on bbass  did you watvh him play tonight? he blocked rebounded hit his shots shut down amare what do you want??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

just reported Melo ran to the Celtics locker room, was screaming at somebody (probably KG) and had to be restrained. hahahahaha

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Whendex. Show Whendex's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

just reported Melo ran to the Celtics locker room, was screaming at somebody (probably KG) and had to be restrained. hahahahaha

Lmao.. That defense got inside his head BAD. He was so frustrated and it showed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

At the rate the Lakers are going Kobe may be available soon! 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

You don't need an All Star in a trade you need a defensive minded big man.  One who thinks crash the boards and block 1st and score 2nd.  That is all the Celtics need.  Could we use more?  Every team could but you don't leverage the future to get it because you already have the future on the team.

Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sully, Melo!  that starting five in 2 years is damn good!  You just need to fill in the pieces around them.

I see this starting five averaging 74 points in 2 years.  Then you need to find a bench that can average 26

Rondo 10pts, Bradley 18pts, Green 16pts, Sully 20pts and Melo 10pts which is conservative. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Kobe to the Nuggets  lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

This is the team that I want to see finish this year and start next year. Multiple championships!

PG:  Bradley      - Lee

SG:  Evans        - Lee, Bradley

SF:  Pierce         - J Green (to share minutes.  Green replaces PP in starting lineup next year)

PF:  Garnett      -  Sully

C:    Cousins      - Melo

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to genaro008's comment:

Kobe to the Nuggets  lol

+ 1 for Mozgov and a 2nd round pick! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Great game.  For one night, who needs Rondo when we have Avery Bradley?  Why does this team play so well when Rondo is out?  I WOULD NEVER TRADE RONDO but I'm just asking.

Other than that 2nd quarter when the Knicks were ON FIRE, the Celtics played pretty decent defense.  We really disrupted their offense out front.  Kidd did not want to bring the ball up and Prigioni was unable to.

Green and Sully made great contributions off the bench.

We really have to put it in gear now.  We have a 5 game homestand that are all winnable games.  We have an opportunity to really make up some ground.  It's a shame that as we are putting things together, we all know there is going to be a trade that will disrupt our flow momentarily.  As long as we get a big, at least.

I think DA is getting alot of calls about some of our players.  That's the result of playing well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

idk why you love to hate on bbass  did you watvh him play tonight? he blocked rebounded hit his shots shut down amare what do you want??

Bass is not a bad player. But if you want to go to the Finals again you're going to need more than Bass. 

Remember, we're not just talking about being good here. The Celts need someone very good. We already know we can't beat the Heat with Bass as the starting PF. Bass is good, just not good enough.

You would put JG on LBJ

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

you serious?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

one thing i WILL say is the ball movement is better with Rondo out. We need to get Rondo to become a scorer. Get his mindset off of passes and make him a scorer. If he does this the ball movement can continue and we are almost unstoppable. I think he can.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

you serious?

yup, i was watching the game on MSG Network and they reported it right after the game.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Wierd,  Pierce plays a absolute great game and  you don't see his name mentioned until someone said he blew a kiss. One turnover and 6 assists.  Everyone still want him on the bench?

BTW  we win 66% of the time Rondo does'nt play.  Just saying.  

We had 26 assists this game. A lot of players with 2-6 assists.  Very good ball movement and getting open shots.  We only got out rebounded by 6 and their were 6 times Chandler slapped the ball back out that they got the rebound.  I hate that,  it should be a foul because nearly every time someone does that they slap someones arms.  

Not sure why everyone is wanting to trade guys right now.  We finally are developing some chemistry and we are ready to screw it up?  I would like to get that one big guy but not at the expense of Sully and Bradley.

Couldn't go without mentioning Sully.  Again he is physical. Just what we need.  One time I could tell Chandler was getting tired of Sully pushing on him.  Sully was flat out taking Chandler out of the game.  I keep saying more minutes and this dude would be a walking double double and in the running for ROY.

Sections
Shortcuts