Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Knicks

The ball flowed well the other night because they were pulling down boards and flowing into transition basket ball.  It starts with the defense and then Rondo is unstoppable.  Just need the big to clog the paint.  It makes those guards think twice about taking it to the hole.

Rondo's game will boarder a triple double night after night.  He goes after boards because he wants the ball in his hands as soon as posible.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

JHC.

You guys go from collectively screaming to trade Green because he stinks and is soft...to he is the new hero that should cover LBJ and we should not trade him...ever...in one game.

Maybe he just can't get into the flow with Rondo pounding the ball out front?  Maybe he needs time to get his A game back from a year off?  Whatever. He is a skilled BBall player and a great athlete and a core for our future.  

Bradley is also a core future player.

Sully would be nice to have, but everyone else is expendable. and we do need some serious rebuilding NOW if we want to be competitive this year and in the near future. Someone good will have to go if we want a quality big man and I just hope it isn't Green or Bradley (or Garnett and Pierce).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:

You don't need an All Star in a trade you need a defensive minded big man.  One who thinks crash the boards and block 1st and score 2nd.  That is all the Celtics need.  Could we use more?  Every team could but you don't leverage the future to get it because you already have the future on the team.

Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sully, Melo!  that starting five in 2 years is damn good!  You just need to fill in the pieces around them.

I agree with this to an extent. Despite the teams company line, the C's best players are still KG and PP. at their advanced ages they can't carry  the team every night anymore. They can put together great games like tonight or excellent stretches here and there, but its too much to ask of them to carry this team every night. Rondo is a great talent, but his offense is still a work in progress. If there is anyway possible to bring in a big man that can consistently take pressure off the core players offensively and provide a defensive presence, you got to go for it.

if you can't get that number one guy (cousins), then you fall back to a plan b (Gortat, dalembert)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

This is the team that I want to see finish this year and start next year. Multiple championships!

PG:  Bradley      - Lee

SG:  Evans        - Lee, Bradley

SF:  Pierce         - J Green (to share minutes.  Green replaces PP in starting lineup next year)

PF:  Garnett      -  Sully

C:    Cousins      - Melo

The Kings would never trade Cousins for Rondo, They think Rondo is to much of a head case!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

JHC.

You guys go from collectively screaming to trade Green because he stinks and is soft...to he is the new hero that should cover LBJ and we should not trade him...ever...in one game.

Maybe he just can't get into the flow with Rondo pounding the ball out front?  Maybe he needs time to get his A game back from a year off?  Whatever. He is a skilled BBall player and a great athlete and a core for our future.  

Bradley is also a core future player.

Sully would be nice to have, but everyone else is expendable. and we do need some serious rebuilding NOW if we want to be competitive this year and in the near future. Someone good will have to go if we want a quality big man and I just hope it isn't Green or Bradley (or Garnett and Pierce).

We are collectively inconsistant about Green because Green's game is collectively so inconsistant.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

This is the team that I want to see finish this year and start next year. Multiple championships!

SF:  Pierce         - J Green (to share minutes.  Green replaces PP in starting lineup next year)

The Kings would never trade Cousins for Rondo, They think Rondo is to much of a head case!!

Still trying to get Paul out of there huh?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Couldn't go without mentioning Sully.  Again he is physical. Just what we need.  One time I could tell Chandler was getting tired of Sully pushing on him.  Sully was flat out taking Chandler out of the game.  I keep saying more minutes and this dude would be a walking double double and in the running for ROY.

You see that, GK, I'm not the only one who thinks Sully is ROY material.

I been preaching this quite a while now.  Seems I am getting some company on this train.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

haha.

Yeah. I do Rondo for Cousins straight up in a second (and they can have Terry for free).  As much as I do not like Rondo, I will admit that Cousins is a bigger head case and a challenge...barely.       

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

KG 19 points and 10 rebounds.

See what happens when KG produces?

That's also KG's playoff averages last season, by the way.

I am glad KG didn't retaliate against Melo.  Melo should have had a tech for that slap down after the foul had already been called.  KG grazed someones head  and got a flagrant.  I love the physical play.  Sully and Bradley brought it,  KG and the rest are following suit.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Guys Bradley is not a true point guard.  He is perfect for the 2guard spot.  Why ruin a good thing?  Yes he is only 6'2" but he has long arms huge hands and tremendous leaping ability that makes up for the 1 or 2 inches he may give away on a given night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Like your thinking about Evans and Cousins... If it requires Bradley or Rondo, you got to do it. You have to keep one of the starting guards though

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

You don't need an All Star in a trade you need a defensive minded big man.  One who thinks crash the boards and block 1st and score 2nd.  That is all the Celtics need.  Could we use more?  Every team could but you don't leverage the future to get it because you already have the future on the team.

Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sully, Melo!  that starting five in 2 years is damn good!  You just need to fill in the pieces around them.

Gortat would be that guy.

That is the only guy that is making sense to me.  You can bring him in and keep your chemistry.   Any other big will be a big risk.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to prakash's comment:

I think your all talkin' stupid about Rondo right now.  He has played some solid games of late.  He is irreplaceable.  No back court matches up with he and Bradley......Period!

i do think rondo and bradley is a heck of a backcourt, but i also believe they arent going anywhere without a good big man....KG is just too old to do it by himself on the boards...

Have you checked out Sullinger?  Perhaps Dalembert will get bought out.

i like sullinger as a player, but he just doesnt compare to a cousins or a varejao, which is what this team needs.

I disagree.  I think that the Celts are sitting fine.  They need to give Melo some time and then bring him up to be a better backup than Collins.  I wouldn't mind a Bass upgrade though.

i hope you're right, i just dont see them going far if they keep getting outrebounded like they had been prior to this 3 game win streak.

I would have completely agreed with you earlier.  But with the perimeter defense that the Celts are capable of putting up at the point of attack (point guard/ 3 position) they will be fine.  I will completely support the addition of Gortat if Danny can pull it off.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Gortat would be that guy.

That is the only guy that is making sense to me.  You can bring him in and keep your chemistry.   Any other big will be a big risk.

I agree. Gortat is not an all-star, but he is solid and exactly what we need right now. He would cost less and would fill in the major hole we have right now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

haha.

Yeah. I do Rondo for Cousins straight up in a second (and they can have Terry for free).  As much as I do not like Rondo, I will admit that Cousins is a bigger head case and a challenge...barely.       

Bigger challenge, bigger reward!!  Add Cousins to a line up of Bradley, Lee, Pierce, and Kg and we're in the running for #18!!  Sully and Green off the bench, and if Terry can find his touch we would be there!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Cousins is more than a head case and a great talent.  But he is also a me first player, not a team player.  Rondo's fault is that he's a team player to much.  He looks for the pass when sometimes he should shoot.  I would rather try to fix that problem than Cousins.  This Cat needs professional help.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

LOL.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Where are the "fire Doc" guys now?   I'm surprised "Angry Acie" isn't posting about how dumb Doc is, even when he's winning.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Rondo's fault is that he's a team player to much.  He looks for the pass when sometimes he should shoot.  

Rondo looks to pass because his jump shot is so horrible.  His shooting percentage is not a joke like his free throws because 70% of Rondo's shots are layups.  We can do better with a player that can both shoot and play adequate defense... and his assists don't mean anything to me.  We moved the ball much better and everyone was involved and productive tonight without Rondo and his 12 assists.

Danny has to see this...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

The reason why I can part with Bradley is because he is still raw offensively and good offense is better than good defense.  I would keep Sulley since he is a big.  Im just not sold on AB developing a consistant jumper.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Where are the "fire Doc" guys now?   I'm surprised "Angry Acie" isn't posting about how dumb Doc is, even when he's winning.

Fire Doc!  Been saying it for years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:

The reason why I can part with Bradley is because he is still raw offensively and good offense is better than good defense.  I would keep Sulley since he is a big.  Im just not sold on AB developing a consistant jumper.

He may or may not have a consistent jumper......but we cannot afford to lose his defense.   Rondo is NOT going to harass or stay in front of another point guard.  He'll go for steals and play the lanes but he does not have the discipline to play straight up d.    Without Bradley (and Less does a good job as his backup), we get broken down WAY too much.

Hold on to Bradley and Sully as they are the future youth of this team.   You can have Terry and Bass - but I admit few people will want them.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts