Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers : Check Pierce's stats against Luol Deng.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

we arent talking about Luol Deng. Pierce wasnt defended by Luol Deng in 07. everyone knows Pierce disappears now.

answer me, what about Lebron James? how was he able to go at one of the best defenders in the league if, by your accusations, he has always struggled against tall SF's?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

An ugly start and an even more ugly end. Pierce was horrible today on both ends of the floor. Évery one knows we miss a big. But we miss shooters with range as well. We basically have Ray and Pierce in the end for 3s. Pietrus is just average and can only shoot when wide open. When we trade Ray we are a bad shooting team. Rondo passed 4-5 open looks at the elbow the entire game. 2-3 in the crunch. We didn't score in all this posessions if I remember correct! If Rondo makes 2-5 of this shoots he will be great.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Rondo is Mr Choke come the 4th quarter, who doesn't know that??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers : The wingnut mployee was talking about clutch and anti-clutch. I'm not ragging on Rondo! Ray missed twice in the last 1:31. Bass missed with 34.9 secs remaining. Pierce got his shot blocked with 2.9 secs remaining. And Rondo missed with 1 second remaining. All of them missed, not just Rondo.

yeah you were... in your devious disengenuous way......

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers : The wingnut mployee was talking about clutch and anti-clutch. I'm not ragging on Rondo! Ray missed twice in the last 1:31. Bass missed with 34.9 secs remaining. Pierce got his shot blocked with 2.9 secs remaining. And Rondo missed with 1 second remaining. All of them missed, not just Rondo.

Mployee was saying you cant call Pierce clutch anymore. 

to be fair, i agree with you when you say they all missed shots, noone was clutch. but this is the same thing we say when you say Rondo disappears in the 4th.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers": Yes, The Captain didn't have his fire today. But, we still had a chance. Just couldn't hit a shot. For all of our discussion about Pierce, what the players did or did not do, Doc play calling at the end ( which wasn't bad...Lakers just defended well), the REAL issue is with our GM. Danny gets the players and let's face it, he has put the team in a position of being all jumpshooters. He has counted on old broken down guys, traded for people with a history on injuries, and put a small team on the floor. Think about it folks - we are now relying on an NBDL player to be key to our center position. Danny, you've really failed your fans, your coach, and your players!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    +1, I could not have said it better.  That is what it boils down to.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from elDunker2. Show elDunker2's posts

What this showed, is that neither the Lakers nor the Celtics are going anywhere in the playoffs this year. Both teams are severely flawed, as has been described in detail before on this board. The Lakers played poorly and still won. The Celtics didn't particularly play well either, but couldn't close because they had to predictably rely on the junp shot. Hopefully Ainge realizes this now. With no inside game and a PG who can't extend the D, we are destined to mediocrity. Either trade for bigs or get rid of Rondo, or preferably, both...BEFORE THURSDAY!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Anyone seen Rondo? He missed his ride to LAX just like he missed the 4th quarter.

Laughing

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]An ugly start and an even more ugly end. Pierce was horrible today on both ends of the floor. Évery one knows we miss a big. But we miss shooters with range as well. We basically have Ray and Pierce in the end for 3s. Pietrus is just average and can only shoot when wide open. When we trade Ray we are a bad shooting team. Rondo passed 4-5 open looks at the elbow the entire game. 2-3 in the crunch. We didn't score in all this posessions if I remember correct! If Rondo makes 2-5 of this shoots he will be great.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

Rondo was hitting jump shots all game!! what are you saying?!!?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]What this showed, is that neither the Lakers nor the Celtics are going anywhere in the playoffs this year. Both teams are severely flawed, as has been described in detail before on this board. The Lakers played poorly and still won. The Celtics didn't particularly play well either, but couldn't close because they had to predictably rely on the junp shot. Hopefully Ainge realizes this now. With no inside game and a PG who can't extend the D, we are destined to mediocrity. Either trade for bigs or get rid of Rondo, or preferably, both...BEFORE THURSDAY!!!!
    Posted by elDunker2[/QUOTE]

its sad, today Rondo showed, to me, the complete game that everyone was looking for. he took the open shots and hit them. he drove and made his layups. and he kept everyone involved. yet people like you still come on here and call for him to be traded. its really sad. 

he absolutey ran the show today, ridiculous game. yet the hate continues.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers : Like I said, Jamez, Pierce is old.  You also want to talk about clutch? Who sent the game into OT in the Knicks game? Pierce disappears now? How about Rondo, this is the first time he showed up in the 4th qtr. Too bad he couldn't send the game into OT with that 3-pointer with 1 second remaining.

actually, i never mentioned anyone being clutch..i have nvr once said Rondo was clutch. i have, however, pointed out that Rondo has had numerous games where he makes clutch plays at the end of games, especially in the playoffs. first time he showed up? oh ok.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers : +1, I could not have said it better.  That is what it boils down to.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]
    Agree with the sentiments.  Steimsma is a terrific role player we need a Varajeo to go with him. Ainge needs to find a big guy of consequence who disrupts and throws his weight around. Not a Perkins who can't score or rebound.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers : Rondo was hitting jump shots all game!! what are you saying?!!?
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]
    Yes, he was. But he still passed on wide open shoots < 15 ft from the rim. And he passed on all of them in the fourth. There is no denial.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers : Like I said, you're obsessing with Fiercest34. Ugh!

Thats halarious mr third person nutjob.....whats obsessive is your 24/7 on this board most of which is spent on two topics... Rondo and get a big man... like we all dont know that?? Ha

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers : Yes, he was. But he still passed on wide open shoots < 15 ft from the rim. And he passed on all of them in the fourth. There is no denial.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

Gasthoerer, im not trying to be rude just real. idk if you have ever played basketball, but if you did you know you have to pick your shots. you dont take every single shot that you have room to take..alot of times youll have an open shot and see someone has a better one (rondo alot of the time). other times your feet arent set to take the shot in rhythmn. so just bc u see him pop open for a sec and he doesnt take the shot, its not ALWAYS a shot u should take. especially with a pg that is focused on alot of different things at once.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Look, the issue is not jump shots.  The issue is showing up to play on the big stage.  This is twice that Bass has missed open must make shots against the Lakers.  He makes his shot and the Celts pull out the game.

Doc has done an excellent job of maximizing what this group can produce.  The maximization makes them a jump shooting team.  Without another big, the Celts will not get better.  I don't know what Danny can add.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers : I'm obsessed with the Celtics, you're obsessed with Fiercest34. Big difference! It's like what I say affects your life that's why there is a need for you to argue with me. Ugh! Seriously, you want to restrict what I post? Then go to Syria!

Trust me I could care less about you... youre just fuel for my amusement and I like calling out blowhards like you who think they know more than everyone else ....you really do amuse us.......So this Syria reference you keep making ad nauseum?  So you took a few seconds away from the board and watched CNN??

Sections
Shortcuts