Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers:
    [QUOTE]You guys see how tough the Celts are?  This Celts team will not quit! We're one big man away from being elite.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Make that "great big man", please.
    Anyway, doesn't look like we'll be getting one so far.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Pierce is having another one of those terrible offensive performances. Let's hope he gets more efficient in the first half.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]You guys see how tough the Celts are?  This Celts team will not quit! We're one big man away from being elite.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

dude. everyone knows..how many times are you gunna say the exact same thing lol.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I don't care if the Lakers get 10 blocked shots, I would attack the rim (see Bass).  We're letting them off the hook if we keep firing up jumpers.

We are in this game and PP and RA have given us nothing.  We have to go inside and take it strong.  Most posters on this board contend that Gasol is soft, so let's take it at him (and Bynum).

If we take it strong, we'll draw fouls and, yes, they'll block some shots but we'll have a better chance that standing outside with PP and RA throwing up bricks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Lets go Rondo!!! National tv

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]Pierce is having another one of those terrible offensive performances. Let's hope he gets more efficient in the first half.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

He has been playing great and this team needs him to score but today not happening so far... Pierce and Allen  2 for 14 yet there still in it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangGator. Show MustangGator's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers : if you know the game, study the game, discuss the game of basketball then you know what it means. i was just trying to let you know, wasnt trying to be a jerk. alot of people get the term "Soft" confused as meaning "a bad player."
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

I apologize, sincerely do.  I have been aroound awhile, many years.  I remember 3-4 years ago allot of people here were calling Gasol soft, and he probably was.  People were saying he was soft because he was getting pushed around the paint.  Especially during the 2008 finals.  I see your point, but also believe there is some connection between soft and rebounding when your a 7 footer.  All I was trying to say in my first post, was that he had 5 rebounds early, and must not be to soft at that point.  Gasol is not as bad as back in 2008, however, he can still on occasion appear to be soft.  Maybe he takes days off.  I don't know.  I used rebounding, or lack of, as an example of being soft.  What other example(s) would you use?  I do understand if you don't respond.  I am belaboring(sp) the point.  Enjoy the game.  Right now looks like C's are making a bit of a comeback.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Lo and behold, a 3 point game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Bynum knee broke again 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Fierce, that THREE was for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Rondo. 2 pt lead.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In your face Pau!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Rondo for 3!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]I don't care if the Lakers get 10 blocked shots, I would attack the rim (see Bass).  We're letting them off the hook if we keep firing up jumpers. We are in this game and PP and RA have given us nothing.  We have to go inside and take it strong.  Most posters on this board contend that Gasol is soft, so let's take it at him (and Bynum). If we take it strong, we'll draw fouls and, yes, they'll block some shots but we'll have a better chance that standing outside with PP and RA throwing up bricks.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]
    Agree. Bass and pierce, inside, inside, inside!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

RONDO!

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

My take is that Rondo can shoot...is just lacki of confidence /psychological 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]Fierce, that THREE was for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]
    LOL

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Rondo......you can't miss 'me all! That 3 could end up being important in a close game!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Lakers : I apologize, sincerely do.  I have been aroound awhile, many years.  I remember 3-4 years ago allot of people here were calling Gasol soft, and he probably was.  People were saying he was soft because he was getting pushed around the paint.  Especially during the 2008 finals.  I see your point, but also believe there is some connection between soft and rebounding when your a 7 footer.  All I was trying to say in my first post, was that he had 5 rebounds early, and must not be to soft at that point.  Gasol is not as bad as back in 2008, however, he can still on occasion appear to be soft.  Maybe he takes days off.  I don't know.  I used rebounding, or lack of, as an example of being soft.  What other example(s) would you use?  I do understand if you don't respond.  I am belaboring(sp) the point.  Enjoy the game.  Right now looks like C's are making a bit of a comeback. Posted by MustangGator[/QUOTE] Gasol is as soft as plastic explosive. I think KG is softer. We are in this game because of laker turnovers !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Good clawback by the green men!