Game Thread: Celtics vs Magic

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Magic

I will take that win.  Good game based on following the box score and listening to the nba adio off and on.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

Bass doesn't have to be traded. He just needs to come off the bench. 

I agree! It will be interesting to see what the Cs look like in March!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

Bass takes too much shlack on this board. He hustles and works his butt off for us, and has success.

He hustles and works, no one is questioning that. The question is, is Bass the starting PF that will propel the Celts into the NBA Finals? 

Answer: No!

Bass is not bad, he's a good player. But the Celts need more.

im not so sure about that. I think we are an Avery Bradley away, tbh. Bass is not the issue, especially when considering we will be going thru Miami (Udonis Haslem w/ an occassional Lebron sighting) to get there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

On a similar topic, F. Melo 14 pts, 4 rebs, and 1 blk in a D-League game this afternoon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

If he was the pf coming off the bench, means we are going deep in the playoffs...

ala leon powe...or maxwell...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Rondo was aggressively going to the basket in OT.  THAT's the way he should play all game long.  This assist record thing has him playing to dribble the entire time and make hero passes rather than being the one man wrecking crew he is capable of being, ala Tony Parker, Westbrook, DWill, etc.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

On the topic of perimeter D-Fence, we know AB took some contact if he went to the Mall on the busiest shopping day of the year!!

Bradley experiences Black Friday for himself November 23, 2012, 11:50 pm  

BOSTON -- Were you shopping early on Black Friday? If so, then you have something in common with Avery Bradley.

The Celtics guard hit the stores of the Natick Collection at 8:45 on Friday morning with his family. After watching YouTube videos of frantic shoppers, he wanted to experience it for himself.

"People do a little bit too much," Bradley told CSNNE.com. "I thought it was a joke. My girlfriend was trying to tell me it was crazy. I honestly feel like people grab stuff just to grab it, like they don't want the stuff but they don't want anyone else to have it. But they don't understand they end up spending more money than they expect anyways."

The always-focused 21-year-old selected which stores he wanted to go to before heading to the mall. The Gap, Burberry, and Thomas Pink were on his list of can't-misses.

Bradley didn't buy anything for himself, though. He wanted to make it a memorable morning for his relatives who had traveled to Boston to visit him for Thanksgiving weekend.

"My family was out here, I wanted to do something special for them," he said. "I got my sister and my niece some stuff. I didn't get anything for myself, even though my birthday's coming up."

Bradley proudly described a fur-like ensemble he purchased for his niece at Baby Gap.

"My mom and my sister let me pick out an outfit for her and they liked it," he said. "Great deals."

Great post.  It would have been nice to see the Celtics shopping.  I have heard stories from friends who work in retail who waited on Posey, (when he played for Boston), Pierce and Garnett shopping at Macy's in the Burlington Mall. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Rondo was aggressively going to the basket in OT.  THAT's the way he should play all game long.  This assist record thing has him playing to dribble the entire time and make hero passes rather than being the one man wrecking crew he is capable of being, ala Tony Parker, Westbrook, DWill, etc.

come on, celtsfan4life. surely you can put up with an extra dose of these pesky annoyances for 10 more games as rondo quests to capture a pretty doggone cool nba record. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Its a win brother..you take them all...telling me slackers would not take a win over Sacto??

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Rondo is looking to just dribble the clockdown and look for the hero pass.  he is looking for the person who has the best oppportunity to score.  Why should he have to be like DWill or Westbrook or Tony Parker? Tony had to take over as the team aged when he didn't have as much help.  If you don't like the offensive sets then blame Doc because he draws up the plays.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

Come on!! It takes OT to barely beat the scrub machine, Orlando Magic???

ROTFLMAO!!!

Have a blessed night!

Scrub machine? You mean like Sacramento?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

C'mon, what was that?  You cannot tell me THAT was the designed play!

Terry was standing there wide open but Pierce needed to be the hero.

Unbelievable!

Here you go so that you understand the hero part a little bit more.

From Doc Rivers:

"I was kicking myself, the last play, we went too early," Rivers said. "Paul, when he came off [the Terry screen], he was actually wide open. But I told him the last shot -- that’s why he puled back out. He had it; that’s a good lesson for me, the timing of that was just too early."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Rondo is looking to just dribble the clockdown and look for the hero pass.  he is looking for the person who has the best oppportunity to score.  Why should he have to be like DWill or Westbrook or Tony Parker? Tony had to take over as the team aged when he didn't have as much help.  If you don't like the offensive sets then blame Doc because he draws up the plays.

Ahhh, my friend, but you are wrong.   Doc calls some plays (all plays after out of bounds) but up and down the court, they've turned over play calling to Rondo.  Doc admits it and that's the whole "this is Rondo's team now" thing.   Clearly, he's calling those plays during the up and down of the game.  Why should he score - because Paul and KG are old (like you said Spurs are old) and  its a lot easier on all of the other players when Rondo drives and creates havoc with the opponent's defense.   Why do you think the Spurs, the Bulls when Rose is available, and teams like that have an easier time scoring?   Their PG can take some of the scoring load....that's why.  ROndo is clearly capable of doing that as he shows in the playoffs and late in the game last night (and late in some other games this season).  Imagine if he had less focus on assists (like that STUPID fast break blunder he did last night) and he just scored on penetrations and fast breaks.  Imagine how much KG and Paul would have to run less and how our offense would struggle less!

Sections
Shortcuts