Game Thread: Celtics vs Nets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Game Thread: Celtics vs Nets

I have this uneasy feeling about tonight's game.  I would have never thought that playing AT HOME against the 11 win NJ Nets would give me cause for concern but this is the "new old" Celtics.

I sure hope the Nets don't play the way they played against Dallas or else, we're in trouble.

I think with Ray out sick (seems that every game "someone" is out) Pietrus has to step up.  If we play a solid 4 quarters and PP plays aggressive throughout, we should come out with a win.

Let's go Celtics!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Nets

I think there is more to it then Ray being sick, we may have seen the last of Ray in a Celtic uniform!!  Word is Atlanta likes Ray more then KG!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Wow, I'd take that trade....

Here we go.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Nets:
     I think there is more to it then Ray being sick, we may have seen the last of Ray in a Celtic uniform!!  Word is Atlanta likes Ray more then KG!!
    Posted by kyceltic

its possible, but theres always speculation when a player is out a game around the deadline

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

rondo with the headband!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

good start for Celts..fast paced, running the floor, hitting open shots.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

Gerald Green in the house. I'm guessing 12-16 points on the night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

In response to "Game Thread: Celtics vs Nets":
    I have this uneasy feeling about tonight's game.  I would have never thought that playing AT HOME against the 11 win NJ Nets would give me cause for concern but this is the "new old" Celtics. I sure hope the Nets don't play the way they played against Dallas or else, we're in trouble. I think with Ray out sick (seems that every game "someone" is out) Pietrus has to step up.  If we play a solid 4 quarters and PP plays aggressive throughout, we should come out with a win. Let's go Celtics!! Posted by Petey62
    Actually the the new Big 3 C's have struggled against teams like this since they have been together

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Brook Lopez is so much better than his brother.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

We won the first quarter.  Just win them one at a time.

I think it's important for Rondo to take the open shot BUT this guy cannot shoot to save his life.  He even LOOKS uncomfortable.  NJ was glad to see him hit that one shot because he was going to take a few more.

His shots are like Pietrus' shots - when they are off, they are way off.  I mean you can see the angle when it leaves his hand.

Let's go AB.  KG has to stay aggressive and continue to hit his shots.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Dooling is another one who just cannot shoot.  We have all of these guys who cannot make a shot to save their lives.  And while we're getting great looks, we're missing the shots.  Dooling just went for the hat trick donut on 3-point attempts.  He's a horrible shooter too.

Instead of talking about trading Rondo, we need to complete some secondary trades to get some guys in here who can shoot.  This is atrocious.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Nets":
     I think there is more to it then Ray being sick, we may have seen the last of Ray in a Celtic uniform!!  Word is Atlanta likes Ray more then KG!! Posted by kyceltic
    The conspiracy theorists are amazing on this. Lard. KG out for personal reasons and he's getting traded. JON out and it's a faked injury (are we that stupid, someone writes!). Rondo suspended for 2 games and he won't be back cause he's traded. Now Ray sick and we're being lied to because Ray's been traded. You guys are amazing.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Dooling for an NBDL. Player

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Dooling had 3 open looks and missed all. Don't know wht Allen's out(being traded ?) but he'd made 2 of those 3. Rondo tossed up 2 bricks with open looks from 15 ft out.

I really like Lopez & D. Wiilams, of course !!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Dooling for Orien Greene

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Celts bench bad as a unit but in the playoffs, the rotation shortens and we see only Bass, Wilcox, Pietrus, and Bradley. The other guys will sit. With decent bench play, we'd be up by 15 now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

lets stop overreacting..our team missed a bunch of shots..it happens. we are winning and playing well for the most part.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Brook Lopez is so much better than his brother.
    Posted by JamezHill24

You are right.  He is much better than his brother. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Dooling in the 35 games has done jack sh.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Dooling had 3 open looks and missed all. Don't know wht Allen's out(being traded ?) but he'd made 2 of those 3. Rondo tossed up 2 bricks with open looks from 15 ft out. I really like Lopez & D. Wiilams, of course !!!
    Posted by mandobello

They said that Ray Allen is out because of an illness, (flu I believe), and he should be back on Sunday.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Jamez, come on man.  Overreacting?  It "shouldn't" happen (missing THAT many open shots).  If you're an NBA player, you should be expected to hit ONE of THREE completely wide open 3-point attempts.

And I don't think we're playing all that well.  After 29 first qtr points, we're halfway through the second qtr and we have all of 9 points.  No, we are not playing well "for the most part".

It's not overreacting to suggest we should be up by 15.  It's this type of game that finds the Celtics struggling to finish late in the 4th qtr.

But you are right, we are winning.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Jamez, come on man.  Overreacting?  It "shouldn't" happen (missing THAT many open shots).  If you're an NBA player, you should be expected to hit ONE of THREE completely wide open 3-point attempts. And I don't think we're playing all that well.  After 29 first qtr points, we're halfway through the second qtr and we have all of 9 points.  No, we are not playing well "for the most part". It's not overreacting to suggest we should be up by 15.  It's this type of game that finds the Celtics struggling to finish late in the 4th qtr. But you are right, we are winning.
    Posted by Petey62

understand they are nba players..but every player and team will go thru droughts so i try not to overreact if someone misses a few shots...i guess the players we are talking about have nvr been known for their shooting though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Garnett is back to his old self these last couple of games. Our fierest competitor, a true Celtic!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Wow, Pietrus.  Ray could never play defense like that.  And Ray would never shoot like Pietrus.  Urghh.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

glad to see gerald green in someone's rotation and being a key reliable guy! dooling was brought here for his shooting TRACK RECORD. could still get hot.  methinks its a trade involving ray for josh smith.. i'll take that! jo's having surgery so he's untradeable and likely done for the regular season.  move kg to fulltime center with smith at pf rotating with bass. pretty good! rondo's going nowhere 'less lakes want totrade BYNUM! would do pierce or a kg for a jefferson. . enough time for us to blow this league in the 3rd per usual

Sections
Shortcuts