Game Thread: Celtics vs Nets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Nets

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Nets:
    Wow, great win.  Maybe the Nets win against Dallas was a fluke.
    Posted by Petey62

Well they recently beat Chicago, NY, and Dallas on the road.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I wonder if not pounding the ball in the ground waiting on Ray to come around the screens had anything to do with the volume of shots we got up?  I know our defense was better than it had been in a while.  Pietrus works on the defensive end.  I think that carried over to everyone.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

I wonder if not pounding the ball in the ground waiting on Ray to come around the screens had anything to do with the volume of shots we got up?  I know our defense was better than it had been in a while.  Pietrus works on the defensive end.  I think that carried over to everyone.
    Posted by OneOnOne

No question for me that having Pietrus or Sasha give us more energy, length and better D... love Ray but his D is awful, he doesnt rebound, and he cant handle the ball... and i agree the Cs obsession of waiting for him to run side to side to get open stalls the whole offense.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Nets : So true. Without Ray our offense flows normally, just looking for the open man and not intentionally forcing Ray to get open. Pietrus and Sasha also made us taller, stronger, and meaner. We can compensate for Ray's scoring, but Ray can never be as strong, as tall, and as mean as Pietrus and Sasha.
    Posted by Fiercest34

I know you know,  what is our record without Ray this year?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Ray doesn't play good defense and the team is more athletic without Ray.  But, I contend that the bigger difference than Ray is JON being out and PP playing well.   The team without JON and with Bass and Wilcox is better.  Add a game where Pierce is playing well and the team is better.  Paul's funk was not caused by Ray.  If we could have Paul playing like this every game and Pietrus and Ray splitting minutes - we'd be winning a lot more games.

KG's play in the last 8 or 10 games has stepped up, as well.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Ray doesn't play good defense and the team is more athletic without Ray.  But, I contend that the bigger difference than Ray is JON being out and PP playing well.   The team without JON and with Bass and Wilcox is better.  Add a game where Pierce is playing well and the team is better.  Paul's funk was not caused by Ray.  If we could have Paul playing like this every game and Pietrus and Ray splitting minutes - we'd be winning a lot more games. KG's play in the last 8 or 10 games has stepped up, as well.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Pierce will  play better without Ray just for the fact he isn't setting in one spot while Ray run all over the court trying to get open.  We go down to 10 seconds on the clock and someone forces a shot.  PP will also get more shots and he needs them.  PP wants to be that team player but scoring still is what he wants to do.  Hard to score much when you get 10 shots a game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Nets : The big difference is without Ray there would only be 2 old men and 3 young guys on the court.  Ray and Pietrus can never split time because Doc loves Ray too much. Among all the Celtic players, Ray has the highest value and the most in demand. The Celts should capitalize on this to upgrade the team.
    Posted by Fiercest34

The big difference is without Ray there would only be 2 old men and 3 young guys on the court and with JO we have 4 old players and 1 young player.  Just wish Doc would quit the dooling thing.  He makes me sick watching him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Elven 32. Show Elven 32's posts

Nice win by the Jazz!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Nets : The big difference is without Ray there would only be 2 old men and 3 young guys on the court and with JO we have 4 old players and 1 young player.  Just wish Doc would quit the dooling thing.  He makes me sick watching him.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Dooling should be included in any trade, I agree!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Nets : Dooling should be included in any trade, I agree!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

He looks like one of those players at the gym that thinks he is good and just looks horrible and keeps jacking shots.  Man he has a ugly shot.  I will say he works pretty hard on defense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Without Ray the Cs are not a good perimeter shooting team and will go nowhere. We won because we faced the almighty nets and KG and Pierce played a good game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Without Ray the Cs are not a good perimeter shooting team and will go nowhere. We won because we faced the almighty nets and KG and Pierce played a good game.
    Posted by Gasthoerer

Defense, toughness, and rebounding outweighs perimeter shooting. As great a shooter Ray is, the Celtics will also go nowhere if Ray is just a one trick pony.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

You seriously telling me with Pietrus for Ray we improve that much in rebounding (and defense) so we make up for Ray spreading the floor? Pietrus must have some D.Howard in him...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

You seriously telling me with Pietrus for Ray we improve that much in rebounding (and defense) so we make up for Ray spreading the floor? Pietrus must have some D.Howard in him...
    Posted by Gasthoerer

I don't have to tell you that, if you saw the game you would know. 

The problem with Ray is he's not a rugged type player, he doesn't want to get his hands dirty. You rarely see Ray dive for loose balls or take charges. 

The Celtics can compensate for Ray's shooting, but Ray can never compensate for that physical play that Pietrus brings to the table.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

That is not even worth a discussion. Next game without Ray we lose and Pietrus goes 1-7 with beeing 1-6 from 3 land combined with 2 boards (and KG back to his age of 35 instead of beeing 31 all over again) this board will open a thread: "We cannot win without Ray. Pietrus is one dimensional lets trade him for a second rounder". At this board it is all day by day. If Danny would have traded all players which killed us according to this board, we would have been at least without: KG, Pierce, Rondo, Ray, Dooling, Bradley, JO, Sasha, Daniels ... forgotten any one? We didn't need Rays scoring last night because KG and Pierce were on. When they are off you will make that up with Pietrus and Sasha? Ok, so be it, I'm out here.

Sections
Shortcuts