Game Thread: Celtics vs Nets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Game Thread: Celtics vs Nets

Let's get back into the "win" column.  Can't change last night but we can remind folks just what we're about with a great effort tonight.

I expect we'll see a focused Celtics team tonight.

Let's go Celtics.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Nets

No more road bumps, no matter who's on the court.
    I feel Doc should play the starters tonight and rest them all tomorrow,
    I mean Bradley, Dooling, Sasha, Pietrus and Stiemsma can handle the Bobcats right?
    Go C's, we need to overtake the Hawks. Home court in the first round is important for a deep run.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I don't care who Doc plays.  I just want to see the whole team come out focused and not taking anyone for granted. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

watch the difference in the easy shots guys get when Rondo is in the game, as opposed to when hes not..keep an eye on it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

we look terrible.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Is Pierce serious about maybe retiring?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Nets' announcer just called Bass' last shot "Bassamatic."  I think I may have to steal that one.  Thank you, Dan Aykroyd.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Rondo better pick up his game.  He played a terrible first quarter.  I watched Bradley a lot on the offensive end, and he was open and calling for the ball several times and didn't get a touch.  Then Doc took him out for Pietrus.  Let the kid shoot!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Nets:
    [QUOTE]Rondo better pick up his game.  He played a terrible first quarter.  I watched Bradley a lot on the offensive end, and he was open and calling for the ball several times and didn't get a touch.  Then Doc took him out for Pietrus.  Let the kid shoot!
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

i didnt see wat u saw with bradley, but i agree, rondo is pressing, needs to slow down and play his game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Maybe if rondo played some defense it would energize the rest of his game

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Nets : i didnt see wat u saw with bradley, but i agree, rondo is pressing, needs to slow down and play his game.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]
    Apparently, Doc had decided he would rest Rondo and let Bradley run the show at the start of the 2nd qtr.  But I really don't see a 21 year old kid needing a rest first.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

We're in for another ugly game.   But, we're hanging in there so far.   Our bench just stinks.  Their's is killing ours 15 pts to 6.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

here come rondo and bradley!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

We need Ray off the bench because we cannot produce bench points unless a bench player like Steimsma or Pietrus is playing with the starters.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Energy level picked up a lot when PP re-entered the game

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]We need Ray off the bench because we cannot produce bench points unless a bench player like Steimsma or Pietrus is playing with the starters.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

we were winning games getting bench production for a ton of games when Ray was out. i love him and think he helps our bench alot but hes not a must have.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Why can't Rondo score some points?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]Why can't Rondo score some points?
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Not a clue. He can when he wants. More concerned about his assist #'s?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Good to see an end of the quarter play that worked instead of the old iso pounding the ball, running the clock down (and out).  But Greene's buzzer beater was something else.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Nets : we were winning games getting bench production for a ton of games when Ray was out. i love him and think he helps our bench alot but hes not a must have.
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Have you watched the last couple of games (Atlanta, Toronto, and tonight)?   Do you like what you see?  We may have had it going for a while, but long term, we cannot survive with no bench scoring.  The starters get tired, the shots are flat, and you need a shooter on the floot to get shots.   May you want Sasha and Dooling taking those shots, but not me.  I want Ray taking them.

This team does NOT have enough tools to beat elite teams unless we have another shooter (and to be honest, we need Bass and Steimsma to continue stepping up on rebounds, as well).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Come on, Petey, he may have a few hot scoring nights but you know a leopard cannot change his spots.  He's not a scorer.  Its not his first instinct and I don't expect that to change.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

[QUOTE]Good to see an end of the quarter play that worked instead of the old iso pounding the ball, running the clock down (and out).  But Greene's buzzer beater was something else.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

We need Tiny Archibald back, Joel, to break down their zone

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Expecting Rondo to be a regular scoring machine is like expecting Garnett to stay 5 feet from the basket, expecting Ray to cut to the basket, or expecting Doc to play his rookies a lot when he has the Big 3 around.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

funny how when Kevin Garnett was looking for teammates, not looking for his shot, everyone called him unselfish and awesome, and when Rondo does the exact same thing, its him trying to pad his assist numbers...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from upperco1. Show upperco1's posts

Apparently the coaches addressed that at halftime according to my broadcast guys

Sections
Shortcuts