Game Thread: Celtics vs Nets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Game Thread: Celtics vs Nets

Pierce nearly had as many assists as the entire Net team.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is Brooklyn this bad or are we getting better?

[/QUOTE]

Both...Celtics defense stepped up. Deron Williams is already throwing his coach under the bus. Heck of a leader. See if it rubs off on Blache. Wallace played with some pride, other than that Brooklyn sucd.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Great win, guys.

Played tough and smart............we all know RR needs to play like this everyday.

SULLY!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

celts just played OKC

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

The Celtics are much better when Rondo gets 19 or 20 points and 5 to 10 assist, instead of 6 and 12 or 15!! Much better ball movement today!!  I liked the line up of Terry, Pierce, Green, Sully and KG, i wish Doc stayed with it a while longer!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Celtics are much better when Rondo gets 19 or 20 points and 5 to 10 assist, instead of 6 and 12 or 15!! Much better ball movement today!!  I liked the line up of Terry, Pierce, Green, Sully and KG, i wish Doc stayed with it a while longer!!

[/QUOTE]

+1 on the Rondo comment.  We play a much more balanced game when he's scoring or at least playing aggressive offense and moving the ball vs dribbling too much looking for the one pass that gets an assist.

As for the lineup, I think we need Rondo in the lineup, however.  

Loved Sully's rebounding and all around play today.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1 on the Rondo comment.  We play a much more balanced game when he's scoring or at least playing aggressive offense and moving the ball vs dribbling too much looking for the one pass that gets an assist.

As for the lineup, I think we need Rondo in the lineup, however.  

Loved Sully's rebounding and all around play today.

[/QUOTE] I didn't mean that Terry start over Rondo, i just think that was a good lineup, all scorers and also big and more able to rebound!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I posted this elsewhere but it belongs here in the post-game talk. My main point is this was a break through game for the Celts, a different game that looked like there amped up defense oriented game since 2008. Go Celtics.

Collins sets a good tone early; he protects the darn rim! Everybody else feeds off that and next thing you know KG's playing a throw back game, Sully's pushing people around instead of getting pushed (as he did when Doc benched him last time they played Brooklyn), etc. Rondo's transition three that got the lead back up was something that if he can hit that with regularity makes him an MVP potential player (hitting key shots in crunch time). Doc switched Rondo and CPP's roles (Rondo scorer, Paul point forward), so more kudos to the coaches for coming in with a real plan to win. Rondo's big offensive rebound when he soared over Joe Johnson or whatever taller player was around him was classic; good to see he still can leap when needed. Rondo also took some charges late in the game. So, kudos to Rondo for stepping up big time in crunch time. Big team win; by far the best I've seen the Celtics play mainly because the defense was finally working. Great start to a big road trip. Definately look for the Celtics to compete well against the Clippers, the hottest team in the NBA right now.