Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11

All right - here we go - Let's Go Celtics!!!!

And Hello Jay!  ;-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11

Hello, Hello! I predict another dnp for Rondo and maybe a 48 minute effort and hopefully a convincing win.  Gotta start stringing together some good games, not just wins.  I need to see some good player management tonight in terms of minutes...   that all

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Amen... would love to see more GREEN!  On many levels...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

It would be great to see them win tonight.  Although, they almost lose these back to back games.   I will remain optimistic since they really need to start winning again. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

OK... I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they keep the energy going enough minutes to win this today.  I think they realize they dodged a bullet yesterday... And they have 2 full days off after this, which also must be in the back of their minds.  Less to lose by going full out the whole game...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

i say we win tonight to begin our push to the playoffs...well i at least hope they will come to play celtic basketball tonight

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

same here, I expect a full game tonight...maybe its because of JON returning to the team, but there is a good mood about the team, and I think Green will get some extended minutes....Doc said he is only worried about resting K.G

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

rondo is back? thought he wasnt playing...would have liked to see him take some rest

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

And Rondo with the 1st bucket!  Keep going everyone!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11:
    i say we win tonight to begin our push to the playoffs...well i at least hope they will come to play celtic basketball tonight
    Posted by allen2034

Yeah, I was surprised too.  Probably a last minute call.  Hey, he got the 1st basket!  Maybe an omen?  :)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Dare I say it folks... The Engine is Stirring the Drink again!  Welcome back RR!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

i hope Rondo isnt being selfish by playing.  Up until the last minute, he wasnt even playing tonight.  I think West got him scared, he already is being agressive  by taking 3 shots....hmmmm

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I have to think that break was a mental health break and that - yes - he realizes he's not their only good point guard.  Last I saw he was 5-5!  Wow!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11:
    In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : Yeah, I was surprised too.  Probably a last minute call.  Hey, he got the 1st basket!  Maybe an omen?  :)
    Posted by MsLithium21

First basket and many more.  It can't be this easy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

yeppp rondo got the memo! gotta look for some offense and hustle! make the d respect u! then u can pass the ball much easier and space the floor.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

And he hits two free throws.  What's going on here?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

yeah a healthy R.R. = Layupsville!!  This is what he needs to do to keep us rolling....he is not gonna shoot as good as West, but he def. can get to the hoop when his feet are feeling good, combined with bad defense, you got a nice start and confidence boost for R.R.   Now lets see what happens with the bench...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

A day off does such a world of good, doesn't it?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

K.G. sittin down early...thats a good sign....the bench looks motivated, lets see if they hold it down

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I'm sure they realize they have something to prove too.  So nice to see KG getting some rest...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

So far the bench is playing pretty good. Although Jeff green is -3 in the Plus minus column. Only played a few minutes though. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Really would like to see this 2nd unit gel...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

A lot of criticism of Doc for playing the starters too much.  I tracked it closely this game.  When he substituted, the score was 22 to 12.   KG hasn't played much, Ray's been out, and then Rondo went out..... and now we are down 2 points.  Subs lost the entire lead and we're down.

Not saying doc should not have substituted.  I'm just noting that so far, our problem is not the starters.  Its got to be frustrating for them to come back in and have to struggle after they built a lead.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

from up 10 to down 5.   Come on Celts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Yeah, they were doig fine then somehow Indiana's bench started killing them. Delonte West, Baby, and Jeff green should be a lot better than this. 

Sections
Shortcuts