Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11

Jeff Green is a frigging -12. Can we trade Him back for Perk? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Perimeter defense woeful tonight.  Too many easy looks. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

It must be very disheartening for them... all that hard work only to have their back-ups squander it.  I'm sure that's where some of their malaise is/was coming from.  A lot of this is nobody's fault.  We've had so many flippin' injuries this year that we've never been able to establish one coherent 2nd unit.  Hopefully Doc's playing them will pay off when we need it the most - without costing us THIS game, or too many more from here.

Refs aren't helping either...  :-/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I have noticed a lot of defensive mistakes by Green.  I am a HUGE Georgetown fan and he was a pretty good defender.  But, he's picked up some very bad habits in OKC.....who NEVER played any D.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11:
    [QUOTE]I have noticed a lot of defensive mistakes by Green.  I am a HUGE Georgetown fan and he was a pretty good defender.  But, he's picked up some very bad habits in OKC.....who NEVER played any D.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

And that is probably 100% of why Doc does not play him more.  Hope he gets it back soon!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Nice defense by Jeff Green before the time out. I like the way he jumped out of the way making sure the layup was uncontested. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

This is a perfect example of how to utilize our current roster so far as rotations and players getting rest, but how does Green not get any touches?

You got Pierce on the floor now too, yet Kristric n' Baby takin all the shots,,,,

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I'm still scratching my head over Rondo's play so far tonight.  It's as if he has expunged the alien being that has been inhabiting his body the last three weeks or so.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

What the H E L L is going on?  Can anyone stop Hibbert????? GEEZ!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

We so need a defensive center.  I realize Krstic is doing his best but like Celtsfan said... they don't play D in Oklahoma.  At least not before Perk.  An O'Neal brother cannot get back soon enough...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]I'm still scratching my head over Rondo's play so far tonight.  It's as if he has expunged the alien being that has been inhabiting his body the last three weeks or so.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

No kidding!  Now let's hope his teammates catch up with him and win this game!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Once again the Celtics showed up for 12 minutes.
    Pathetic effort. No interior defense.
    Horrible trade Danny boy....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Once again the Celtics showed up for 12 minutes. Pathetic effort. No interior defense. Horrible trade Danny boy....
    Posted by Pumpsie-Green[/QUOTE]

Bench is the problem + KG in foul trouble.  We're seeing the problem with Green - can't play defense.  We also need a big man....Hibbert is better than people think.  He's done this on many nights.....smart player who knows how to take advantage of smaller players.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Once again the Celtics showed up for 12 minutes. Pathetic effort. No interior defense. Horrible trade Danny boy....

Bench is the problem + KG in foul trouble.  We're seeing the problem with Green - can't play defense.  We also need a big man....Hibbert is better than people think.  He's done this on many nights.....smart player who knows how to take advantage of smaller players.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Right on cue.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Pumper, we need some positive vibes here. You can do it!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

Ah, another night with Ms Lithium who is by far the cutest poster on here...sorry guys

Green's too good of an athlete and too smart to not play defense.  I think he's just confused in the new system.  Nate Robinson came over at the trade deadline and didn't really play until the playoffs because he didn't "know" the defense.  Once he knew what to do Mr-5'9" was out there blocking shots. 

He'll get it, I just wish he was 7 inches taller and could play center.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]Pumper, we need some positive vibes here. You can do it!
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]
    It's not in his nature.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Is Ray Allen playing?  I think they are going to let Ray and KG get into it in the 2nd half and I think we'll be ok.

Honestly, it's not the offense as much as it's the defense.  We are giving up too many easy buckets.  No way they should score 27 and 30 against us in the first half.

Come on and let's turn this thing around and get that back-to-back win.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Ray has 5 assists

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

Petey - lets not forget the Pacers like to run but they're young...they can lose it just as easy

If we can shoot well and keep up the energy on D, we can do this!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : Bench is the problem + KG in foul trouble.  We're seeing the problem with Green - can't play defense.  We also need a big man....Hibbert is better than people think.  He's done this on many nights.....smart player who knows how to take advantage of smaller players.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

I don't see Hibbert bullying Perkins around like that. Yes, he is better than people think, but THIS is exactly the reason it was a bad trade for this year's team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Dare I say R.R. keeping us in it and is shooting that jumper with confidence..

I notice a bad trend tho.  We score 33 pts in the 1st quarter and then score 16 in the 2nd!?!? 

We give up 27 in the 1st and give up 30 in the 2nd. 

Our offense and defense seem to fade as the game goes on.  Last 2 games we have seen our offense flourish early but our defense has been shaky....I think we cant score and defend consistently throughout any game.  It tells me they dont have enough energy to sustain both and these guys are more worn out than I thought...Hence Sash playing minutes again tonight trying to rest the big 3....I hope Paul, Ray, and K.G. can get a night off at some point too...it seems to have done wonders for Rondo.....maybe he needed to see something from afar, but now that he is on....everyone else is dragging....We should rest each of the big 3 on seperate games and see if we can steal a few wins with Green in the starting lineup...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]Pumper, we need some positive vibes here. You can do it!
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

How's this: The Red Sox opener is Friday! If their starting pitching pitches to their capability, they could easily compete for a ring this year. Only the Sox and the Yankees are predicted to win more than 90 games this year (Sox 94, Yankees 92) in all of baseball.
    As for the Celtics........................sorry. Can't help you there.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : I don't see Hibbert bullying Perkins around like that. Yes, he is better than people think, but THIS is exactly the reason it was a bad trade for this year's team.

You're right, but Perk is gone so you gotta move on, man.  This is the team now so let's pull for them, as is.