Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11

In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11:
    [QUOTE]Ah, another night with Ms Lithium who is by far the cutest poster on here...sorry guys Green's too good of an athlete and too smart to not play defense.  I think he's just confused in the new system.  Nate Robinson came over at the trade deadline and didn't really play until the playoffs because he didn't "know" the defense.  Once he knew what to do Mr-5'9" was out there blocking shots.  He'll get it, I just wish he was 7 inches taller and could play center.
    Posted by dino1980[/QUOTE]

Well, Dino, I appreciate all your comments here, especially the first!  :)

You're totally right about Green.  Very insightful.  And as Celtsfan mentioned, Green played great defense at Georgetown.  Thankfully - with his conditioning and athleticism - he'll be a great defensive asset here once he gets the system down.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : You're right, but Perk is gone so you gotta move on, man.  This is the team now so let's pull for them, as is.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

The Celtics will always be my team. I can see, however, that they are not strong enough to make it out of the east this year. Thats just the way it is. Sure I hope they win all the games until next season; they are too old, too slow, and too weak inside.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

Ms Lithium does NBA League Pass get you "Mike and Tommy" or some other announcers?

Just curious

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

nobody will push Shaq around in the playoffs...

its like evertime someone scores inisde, we gotta hear about Perk....how many blocks did he average this year in the 12 or 15 games he played...?

Shaq if anything was giving some real hard playoff fouls.... and it was in November, so he may not block shots, but he is as an intimidating force you will find...

Rondo got 18 in the 1st half and we still aint winning?   I thought if he scored that would solve everything??  He was 80% !!  I guess y'all gonna have to go back to the drawing board as to they this team is struggling....it may just be much needed rest..just a hunch

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : How's this: The Red Sox opener is Friday! If their starting pitching pitches to their capability, they could easily compete for a ring this year. Only the Sox and the Yankees are predicted to win more than 90 games this year (Sox 94, Yankees 92) in all of baseball. As for the Celtics........................sorry. Can't help you there.
    Posted by Pumpsie-Green[/QUOTE]
    Don't tell me you like baseball better than basketball!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

C'mon Cs! We can pull this out!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

Jay - I agree about Shaq but you're a bit off on Perk

For one, all he does in OKC now is block shots...but teams wouldn't come inside on Perk and KG.  Nobody's scared of Big Baby and Kristic.

Shaq can fill that void.  I hope he'll be good to go.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Rondo is playing one hell of a game.

Hopefully KG can turn it on in the second half as he didn't really play much in the first half due to really tacky foul calls. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : How's this: The Red Sox opener is Friday! If their starting pitching pitches to their capability, they could easily compete for a ring this year. Only the Sox and the Yankees are predicted to win more than 90 games this year (Sox 94, Yankees 92) in all of baseball. As for the Celtics........................sorry. Can't help you there.
    Posted by Pumpsie-Green[/QUOTE]
    Now you're talkin', Pumpsie.  Seems like a long time coming.  Can't get here fast enough for me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]Ms Lithium does NBA League Pass get you "Mike and Tommy" or some other announcers? Just curious

Oh, it's 50/50 on any given night, with no rhyme or reason.  For the 2nd night in a row, we're getting the other team's announcers, but before that there was a period of mostly "Mike and Tommy."  I'm not sure how they decide game by game but it does come out to about a 50/50 chance of getting our people.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

[QUOTE]nobody will push Shaq around in the playoffs... its like evertime someone scores inisde, we gotta hear about Perk....how many blocks did he average this year in the 12 or 15 games he played...? Shaq if anything was giving some real hard playoff fouls.... and it was in November, so he may not block shots, but he is as an intimidating force you will find... Rondo got 18 in the 1st half and we still aint winning?   I thought if he scored that would solve everything??  He was 80% !!  I guess y'all gonna have to go back to the drawing board as to they this team is struggling....it may just be much needed rest..just a hunch
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

In order for that to happen Shaq has to actually play

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Celtics are turning it up right now. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Moving the basketball and hitting shots! Yeah!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : Oh, it's 50/50 on any given night, with no rhyme or reason.  For the 2nd night in a row, we're getting the other team's announcers, but before that there was a period of mostly "Mike and Tommy."  I'm not sure how they decide game by game but it does come out to about a 50/50 chance of getting our people.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the other guys don't give you the "THIS IS RI-DIC-U-LOUS" calls

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I wish I didn't have to leave but I have a dinner date.  Hopefully the C's will surprise us and win this second game of a back to back.

Dino, FWIW my NBA League Pass usually gives me the home team's announcers.  This Indiana crew is actually not obnoxious.

And the C's are coming to life!!  22-6 run.  Hate to leave this one.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Amazing that after a day off and seeing West do so well while he sat, Rondo is back playing so aggressive.  Hmmmm, maybe a little bit of a threat motivated him?  Whatever it is, i'm glad he's playing so well tonight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]Celtics are turning it up right now. 
    Posted by Pancakespwn[/QUOTE]

Yes we are!  Nice to be the ones making the 3s... and great things happen when we drive to the hoop!  Fingers are still crossed but this feels good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Still a long way to go in this one, but I like the overall effort. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

[QUOTE]I wish I didn't have to leave but I have a dinner date.  Hopefully the C's will surprise us and win this second game of a back to back. Dino, FWIW my NBA League Pass usually gives me the home team's announcers.  This Indiana crew is actually not obnoxious. And the C's are coming to life!!  22-6 run.  Hate to leave this one.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

Im sure they're knowledgeable...Indiana folks take their basketball seriously

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Game Thread - Celtics vs. Pacers 3.28.11 : I'm sure the other guys don't give you the "THIS IS RI-DIC-U-LOUS" calls

Oh no, they don't!  Mike and Tommy are in a league of their own with that!

I have to say that the most entertaining announcers - NOT counting M and T - are the guys in New York.  Walt Frazier has an eccentric style all his own!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]I wish I didn't have to leave but I have a dinner date.  Hopefully the C's will surprise us and win this second game of a back to back. Dino, FWIW my NBA League Pass usually gives me the home team's announcers.  This Indiana crew is actually not obnoxious. And the C's are coming to life!!  22-6 run.  Hate to leave this one.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

That's true - it usually is the home team's announcers.  I've seen some exceptions but that is usually how it goes.  Enjoy your date and I hope next time you check this board we'll be celebrating a win!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

What the heck happened to rondo? Hitting FTs and all the good stuff!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

atleast baby is going to the hoop more...

too much finger pointed and not enough talking on defense.  I think this underated part of Rasheed Wallaces game is what kept us alive last year, but these guys just aint on the same page defensively...im hoping JON can help with that coming off the bench

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

[QUOTE]What the heck happened to rondo? Hitting FTs and all the good stuff!
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]

Dude needed a day off I guess!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dino1980. Show dino1980's posts

BALL DONT LIE

Sections
Shortcuts